Author Topic: Tow Truck Job Additions  (Read 4922 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tow Truck Job Additions
« on: May 12, 2013, 11:31:17 AM »
Well, everyone knows the tow truck job is boring. I find it boring even though it's the only thing I do when I'm on, now. There needs to be more, though.

Tag Cars
When a car has been towed, the tow truck driver should have to tag the car. That way the player can only get it from the tow truck yard. If the tow truck driver leaves the job and there are no other ones, then the car is able to be spawned from the garage. Say someone was just arrested and their car had to be towed. Instead of instantly spawning it, they have to go to the impound lot and get it, possible even pay a small fee towards the city, too.

Gas Cans
Yes, there is another suggestion for this, but I think this idea would be better. Equip the tow truck driver with a small gas can that adds, say, 10% to the car's fuel tank. That way we don't have to tow a car to the gas station,we can just fill it up and they go straight to the gas station.

Ways to Repair Cars
After towing cars to a NPC and having the player repair the car repeatedly it gets boring. What if tow truck drivers are equipped with a toolbox and you can use that on the car to repair it? It'll take, say, 10-15 seconds to repair. It can only be repaired at the tow yard, too. Then the tow truck driver can charge the player and the money goes to the city, which leads to me next suggestion.

Charge Players For Repairs
If the above suggestion gets added, then we should be able to charge players by pressing F3 on them or something. It'll automatically send them the charge so we don't fill out any information. It could be the same price as the current NPC. It'll work like the ticket system, press F3 on them and it'll send them the charge and they pay/deny it.

Flatbead Tow Truck
You can't tow big trucks with small tow truck, so why not add a flat bed? You can back up to the front of the truck, press E on it or something and it'll automatically move to the flatbead. I'm not sure how easy this would be because of weight issues, but I think it's possible to change the weight of something. I'm also not sure on height issues with the tunnel.

I'll add some more if I come up with them. Discuss.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:24:37 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tow Truck Job Additions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 11:57:58 AM »
The only one that i dislike about these is the one with the toolbox one. Irl you don't have to tow the car to the yard to repair it. Just repair it on the road instead.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 12:20:49 PM »
The only one that i dislike about these is the one with the toolbox one. Irl you don't have to tow the car to the yard to repair it. Just repair it on the road instead.
Well, it depends on how bad it is. Most of the time a car is being towed on OCRP because it's completely broken, which would require to be taken to the garage where all the tools are.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 12:31:10 PM »
Well, it depends on how bad it is. Most of the time a car is being towed on OCRP because it's completely broken, which would require to be taken to the garage where all the tools are.
  I like this idea.  Maybe fix the tow truck wintch thing... instead of having to back up and touch the back of the car to your tow truck, you can just press a button that is scripted to the truck and it drops a prop on a wintch or rope, then press use on the it and it becomes a magnet?
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 01:21:34 PM »
  I like this idea.  Maybe fix the tow truck wintch thing... instead of having to back up and touch the back of the car to your tow truck, you can just press a button that is scripted to the truck and it drops a prop on a wintch or rope, then press use on the it and it becomes a magnet?
I dont like that idea, i am sorry. But in my eyes it could be used as a prop to throw around with and kill people, or just drive around with a car attached 10 meters behind the tow truck :s

Like it did with the fishing hook as an example.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 01:22:48 PM »
I dont like that idea, i am sorry. But in my eyes it could be used as a prop to throw around with and kill people, or just drive around with a car attached 10 meters behind the tow truck :s

Like it did with the fishing hook as an example.
You can limit the length pretty easily. Also added another suggestion.

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 01:32:59 PM »
Maybe the car could be made unable to repair with the tool box/wrench weapon if it is completely broken, you could only repair if the vehicle health down a bit. You would have to take the car to the impound lot to fully repair a broken vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 10:13:27 AM »
I also think that the tow truck driver should get some cash for bringing a broken car in when they talk to the NPC after bringing one in. Would encourage more people to go tow truck driver.

Offline Saint marcen96

• P.I.M.P
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 11:31:55 AM »
YES!, This features should be added to the jobb i veary mutch like the gas tank idea. i give this idea thumbs up(1+)

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 12:42:24 PM »
I also think you should be able to tow a car from the back...

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 09:17:09 PM »
Some very good ideas in here. Brought up front for discussion.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 12:55:57 AM »
I say we also replace the current tow truck we have with the original one form PERP, where it is already pre-coded.  Idk where to find it but search PERP tow truck and you will find videos of the GOOD tow trucks.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 09:48:34 PM »
I say we also replace the current tow truck we have with the original one form PERP, where it is already pre-coded.  Idk where to find it but search PERP tow truck and you will find videos of the GOOD tow trucks.
I say we don't steal code from a leaked gamemode. The tow truck we have now works fine and isn't really worth fixing up right away. Having something pre-coded doesn't mean it should be added. There are plenty of things that are pre-coded that I wouldn't add to HRP simply because I like having things coded my way.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 11:26:03 PM »
I say we don't steal code from a leaked gamemode. The tow truck we have now works fine and isn't really worth fixing up right away. Having something pre-coded doesn't mean it should be added. There are plenty of things that are pre-coded that I wouldn't add to HRP simply because I like having things coded my way.
The tow truck we have now is complete crap... Sorry... but it trully is, you cannot pull it out of anywhere, as if a car was in a lake, you would need an admin to get it out.  As for this perp tow truck, you can use the wintch to get it out.  And you can set it to some how be made to where it goes through people without hurting them.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 11:31:20 PM »
The tow truck we have now is complete crap... Sorry... but it trully is, you cannot pull it out of anywhere, as if a car was in a lake, you would need an admin to get it out.  As for this perp tow truck, you can use the wintch to get it out.  And you can set it to some how be made to where it goes through people without hurting them.
Then Steveob21 can fix it and code it himself. I'm sorry, but PERP was not publicly released with the original coders consent, therefore I do not agree with taking any code from it. I would like to see a tow truck like the one in PERP, but it can wait while others things happen first.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal