Author Topic: Gold Member Giveaway  (Read 6008 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gold Member Giveaway
« on: May 10, 2013, 08:46:16 PM »
Contest over. Congratulations Mr. Jive.

Gold Member Giveaway

I am pleased to announce that I have decided to give away a gold membership to one lucky Catalyst-Gaming member. The contest will end May 14th, 2013, at midnight EST.

What do I have to do!?
It's not going to be as fun as you think. You have to type an essay on one of your most favorite moments in one of our servers(OCRP, HL2RP, Harbor RP, TTT, Sandbox, CSS, TF2). You must have a MINIMUM of 3 paragraphs(4-5 sentences per paragraph).

Requirements
Besides the paragraphs requirement, there are also a few other ones:
  • Use English in the essay.
  • Use proper spelling and grammar(To the best of your ability) in the essay.
  • Must have been an active member of the CG forums for at least 1 month.
  • Must have at least 25 posts on the forum.
  • Must have less than 2 ban points(HRP and OCRP2 ban points combined)
  • Must not been permanently banned.
  • May only be currently banned for less than 1 week.

How do I Apply?
Simply forum PM the essay to me. When the deadline is over I'll decide the winner.

Extra Information
I am using my own money to donate.

If you're a VIP and wish to apply, you may do so and I'll just use the "VIP to Gold" feature in the CG Store.

The applicant must be the person receiving the gold member.

You will not receive any credits. I will simply be donating for you to become gold member; You will not see the credits.

This is for gold member only. Either VIP to Gold or straight to Gold Member.

Good luck!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:44:10 AM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gold Member Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »
Currently only two people have applied. If I don't have at least 5 applicants by the deadline I'll extend it.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »
Say we already have the gold membership, are we still eligible to apply? And if so I take it we just get the credits themselves.

Offline tim

• SPACE JAM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 05:23:14 PM »
can i have $5 instead
#

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 05:24:37 PM »
No, it's for those who don't have gold member already. I want the winner to enjoy the benefits of a gold member in game.

Offline gerBee

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 11:45:05 PM »
I want to apply but I'm to lazy to write a essay, I already have a history essay + science essay to do so :(
Bear Grylls(PlayingTLoU): u se son wen de birdz and de beez hav sex, dat is a bumblebird and u don wan eny prt wif dat bumblebird

Bear Grylls(PlayingTLoU): wen u se a bumblebird u run da fuq away

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 12:48:42 AM »
What if we were to apply with a chance of getting it, and then give gold member to someone?

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 06:45:15 AM »
What if we were to apply with a chance of getting it, and then give gold member to someone?
Nope, the person getting the gold member must apply

Offline GamingDxR

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
i just did my essay hope you enjoy wake :D

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 11:11:15 AM »
Update
Added some new extra information:
The applicant must be the person receiving the gold member.

You will not receive any credits. I will simply be donating for you to become gold member; You will not see the credits.

This is for gold member only. Either VIP to Gold or straight to Gold Member.

Also, deadline has been extended until Friday, May 17th at midnight.

Offline GamingDxR

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 11:07:59 AM »
hope i win :D

Offline GamingDxR

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 09:26:59 AM »
when will you be releasing the winner of the essay?

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 09:57:25 AM »
when will you be releasing the winner of the essay?

Also, deadline has been extended until Friday, May 17th at midnight.

Also please don't doublepost :)

Offline GamingDxR

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 10:10:53 AM »
sorry meant to edit the post lol

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 08:42:57 AM »
The winner has been decided. Only 5 people applied, and only 3 were actually qualified. The two that weren't qualified were not here for one month, and one of them didn't have 25 posts. The winner is Mr Jive. His essay was very in depth into the situation he wrote about. His use of imagery(I think that's what it's called for you lit folks) was fantastic and actually had me interested in reading(Which I don't like to do often). Here's a copy of his essay:

Spoiler for Hiden:
It started off like any other day.

Good morning evocity, and what a great day it is!

The radio came on; some guy was going on about the new mayor, how apparently he was going to fix the economy once and for all; a likely story, not like anyone had tried that before. Didn’t matter much to me, had bigger things on my mind. I get out of bed and look out my window, two years now, two years since I got stuck in this hell and look where it had got me, right back where I started, working for some guy and having no say.

A dark green car pulls up on the curb outside, as it does my phone goes off, it was strange though, I don’t normally get called until later in the day, unless I knew we were doing something that needed me urgently.

“You ready to go?”

It was max. But he doesn’t talk to me like that unless we were on business. I peered out the window; he was out of his car now, in full suit, ready for work.

“You know what time it is max?”

“Yeah, it’s time to go; boss got an assignment for us.”

Not even noon and I already gotta get to killing,

“I’ll be right down.”

Trousers, shirt, tie, jacket; just like another day, but this was not, any other day.

Let me tell you a story.

Couple months back, round Christmas time we were at war. I had recently joined up with someone to create the anti-pride, our goal was simple, kills motherfuckers and take what we needed, ethics weren’t at the top of our agenda as you can imagine. Well apparently our methods didn’t go unnoticed, a group called the Freelance Organisation thought we were trouble, and they weren’t gonna let us be trouble. Turned out though that they weren’t the only ones who were causing them trouble, two other groups called the Red Army Faction and the gangsters were also on a short fuse with them, and as the saying goes: the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What followed was a bloody turf war, went on for a few months as RAGA, our triple alliance, fought against the Freelance group. During this time our alliance became well known and feared, we conquered the streets and were more powerful than anyone had ever been, and I was at the top, one of the top men behind the alliance, with an army at my feet, all loyal to my cause.

But this didn’t last forever, eventually all wars come to an end, this was the same as any other. Once freelance was out of the picture our original boss got greedy, he didn’t like us sharing out loot with these strangers, thought we could look after ourselves and didn’t need them. Quite honestly though he just thought they were all a bunch of pricks, and with the war done, we broke off the alliance.

And that’s why this wasn’t an ordinary day, the boss had told max that we were going on a raid, against who? Well who else, the Red Army Faction. Most of their men were up in the suburbs, running a drug house, like any gang would. We get told that their bad for business and we should go and take a cut, he said it would go down just like any other raid, but this weren’t no normal raid. In there were people I had fought with, men whose names I knew, people I had talked and laughed with, and more importantly, people who were fucking good with their guns. It was me and max, against their orgs two top men and a violent rainbow of foot soldiers that would die for them, it felt like suicide.

But back to then.

After getting dressed I went down stairs and got into Maxs car;

“So what’s the job?”

“Red.”

I turned to max, looking him straight into the eyes, at first I was thinking he might have been joking, but his face said it all. I looked forward without acknowledging; I turned on the radio and leant back into my seat. As far as I knew then, this was the day I would die.

The journey is silent, I keep running through my head why the boss was doing this, hell I was tempted to take out my Deagle and stop this shit from ever going down, but I knew better than that, boss would have men on me within the hour. So we arrive as planned, we pull up on the curb and step out. It’s a big house, few windows that are all bared up and one door, the walls of the house form an inward right angle, with the door in the corner, to the left is a large oak, and to the right the wall turns. Could make a good position for cover if the car fails us.

Max walks round to the trunk of the car; he takes out a duffle bag and places it down beside us. He turns and looks at me,

“How we gonna do this?”

“You get the door, I’ll start shooting and you give me cover. When it’s done, we get the stuff and go.”
We liked to keep things simple.

We both take out mp5s from the duffle bag, I load up and wait. Max walks silently forward, getting his lock pick ready, he turns to me, I slide in the magazine and give him the thumbs up.

I’m leaning against the bonnet of the car, it’s a February morning and I can hear a bird chirping away, I feel bad that I’m about to ruin his morning.

As max finishes, he leans back, taking a deep breath and slams his foot against the wood, and so, it had begun.

Two men are standing ready behind the barricade they had set up; my finger comes down on the trigger and a stream of bullets erupts from my guns. Within the first few seconds of the fight those two men were dead, that was one and two. I hear shouts from inside the house and a third jumps up, he starts firing at me but I quickly duck out of the way before he can make a hit. The bullets ricochet of the top of the car, max quickly gets down next to me and hands me a new mag, I load up and get ready to return fire. I lean round the front of the car and take a few shots, I hit low though and two more people had joined the third at his side. All of them return the favour; I have to quickly duck down again to avoid becoming Swiss cheese.

Max reaches into the duffle bag and takes out a glass bottle of gasoline and a rag; I reach over and tell him “Not yet. Jump up and draw their aim to you.”, max jumps up and starts firing at the barricade, he runs out of bullets and he waits just long enough for them to see him. As they start returning fire I lean round the other side of the car and land a few precise shots; three and four just lost their brains.

The fifth guy screams and falls backwards, his finger still on the trigger, he starts firing in a blind panic, unfortunately for him he forgot to shoot forward, managed to take out one of his own guys. A loud shotgun blast goes off from inside the house and the shooting stops, that’s five and six.

“FUCKING REGROUP, TAKE THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS OUT AND CALL FOR BACKUP!”

The seventh guy gets behind the barricade; armed with an AK-47 he starts firing at our car, the crazy motherfucker was playing dirty, trying to smoke us out from cover. While the maniac fired on max’s car I ran across from where the car was parked to the wall, I fire my gun as I run and just mange to clip number sevens left shoulder, he aint down but he is hurt. Max grabs the duffle bag and joins me by the wall while number seven recovers.

Shit was getting bad fast, we only had a few magazines left and the car had caught on fire after that barrage, we didn’t have long now, that fire would grow and spread, we had to act fast but trouble was just round the corner. Down the road, coming out of the tunnel was a car, two guys in the front seat, one leaning out the window with an m4, opening fire on our position. I push Max down behind the small fence in front of us and pulls up my guns, I look down the sight and squeeze the trigger. I manage to hit the front wheel, the driver is going too fast and can’t get the car under control, it flips off the road, the guy with the m4 didn’t manage to get back in time and gets his ribs smashed as the car flips. That’s eight.

Nine was an easy kill, the guy ran out from the car, didn’t even have a gun, he didn’t realise though that he couldn’t out run bullets.

“DIE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!”

I look back round the wall to see some crazy bald motherfucker running towards our position with a shotgun, I just manage to duck back round before the buckshot made a mess of my face. He keeps running, as he turns the corner and I manage to cut my hand on his teeth. I knock him backwards but he can’t stop himself, he falls onto the car and catches on fire. The kid starts screaming as he catches ablaze, I put that poor shit out of his misery before I got a headache. That was ten.

Eleven, the guy with the AK, had propped himself back up and was waiting patiently for us to make our move. Max sprints out pass the car and eleven opens fire, I try to get him quickly while he is aiming at max but he wasn’t having it this time, he quickly takes aim on me and fires, a single bullet manages to hit my right arm, it’s only grazes the surface of my arm, but it was enough to make me drop my gun and fall back behind cover. Max calls out and I stick my hand up, signalling that I was okay. I take out my Deagle and load up; I decided that it would have to do.

I sprint out from cover and join max by the large oak; we move forward and run towards the wall adjacent to the door. The only thing I could do now was take the shot, I had to fire faster than him, and if it didn’t hit I would be dead before I knew it, my heart starts racing, my head is sweating and the heat is rising from the flames, this was it. At that moment it was like everything went into slow-motion, I span out and crossed the threshold of the door, my guns raised and my eyes ready, there it is, that big head ready for a bullet. He screams out in anger as he sees me, his finger going for the trigger but I pull first. The bullet leaves the barrel of my gun, it flies through the air like a wasp, racing towards my foe, and it strikes him just below his right eye and keeps going till it hits the wall behind him. That was eleven.

The noise had stopped, the air was still and all that could be heard was the steady crackling of the flames a few meters away from us. Max hands me his gun, one magazine left. Crazy and his right hand man were normally at the safe houses, I hadn’t seen them yet, so I figured the raid wasn’t done quite yet. I enter the first section of the house, signalling for max to stay there and keep cover, I run forward pressing my body against the barricade, trying to keep silent. The room of this house is normally open, but they had used barricades to corner off his section, to my right is the entrance to the rest of the house, I slowly mover myself towards it, getting ready to pounce on whoever is left.

And there he was: Crazy. Propped up against the fridge, sweating like a pig with his gun ready to fire, before he even saw me I spray him with bullets, and he collapses to the ground. I spin to my right when I hear a noise; there is someone round the corner. Twelve jumps out, its Crazy’s right hand man, I press down on the trigger but it clicks, I’m out. I duck down and lead forward just before he fires at where I was I smash myself into his legs, taking him out. His guns slides across the floor away from him, I drop mine and take out my knife, I plunge towards him but he jumps to the right, dodging my lunge. I quickly re-adjust and go for another swipe before he could attack me, my knife slices across his neck, and I ruin that nice white shirt he’s wearing. That was twelve.

I hear a coughing behind me; I quickly grab the gun on the floor and pull it up, ready to shoot. Crazy is sitting there, covered in blood with his head bowed down, he is breathing heavily. I slowly walk towards him, ready to fire if anyone jumps me, as I approach him I crouch down and look at my old friend, who is now dying on the floor. Behind his blood caked face I see a grin; he tries to bring his head but can’t quite manage it.

“You always were a good shot” he chuckles, coughing up blood between words.

I’m silent, not really sure what to say, I just watch closely as he draws his last few breaths.  He tries once more to bring his head up, and he locks eyes with me, and this was the last thing he said to me, “Why?”

I stand up, and look away from him “It’s just business Crazy, nothing personal.”

That was thirteen, and it was just any other day in evocity.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal