Author Topic: Default Radio Station and Radio Off Button  (Read 1947 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Default Radio Station and Radio Off Button
« on: May 05, 2013, 09:38:37 PM »
Well, with the new delay on radio stations and my favorite station being the very last one, what if we had a default radio station that we could set in the the options menu? You could set it to, for example, Kickin' Country, so whenever you enter your car it'll automatically play that station. There can also be an option for "Radio Off" if you don't want any radio station to play when you enter your car.

Also, is it possible to get an off button for the radio? That way we can easily turn the radio off without waiting 10 seconds until we get the "Radio Off" station?

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Default Radio Station and Radio Off Button
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 12:03:39 AM »
Turning it off should be simple enough. As for a default station it probably is just dunno what the best way to do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 08:23:46 AM »
Turning it off should be simple enough. As for a default station it probably is just dunno what the best way to do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
I'm assuming there's a function to set the radio station when you press F1. Couldn't you just use that on the entervehicle hook, and have a variable for the clientside menu and network it to the server? Been awhile since I've done lua.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »
Why not just have a menu pop up when you hit f1 on the radio or in the car where you can choose the station?

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »
Why not just have a menu pop up when you hit f1 on the radio or in the car where you can choose the station?
I like to choose my radio station while driving. Having a menu pop up will require me to pull over.

Offline NykezTV

• HUGME
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »
Prop Radio = Menu
Car Radio = Shorter Delay and Default Station.

I like it.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 06:10:02 AM »
Update 8 will include functionality to change the station forwards, backwards, and the ability to turn it off.  Unfortunatly this removes the ability to sell radios or use them as signs (as it uses F2 and F4) but the benefits far outweigh the losses to me.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »
Update 8 will include functionality to change the station forwards, backwards, and the ability to turn it off.  Unfortunatly this removes the ability to sell radios or use them as signs (as it uses F2 and F4) but the benefits far outweigh the losses to me.
Agreed. Nobody sells radios anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal