Author Topic: Double standards  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Andylamb

• View Profile
    • Awards
Double standards
« on: November 16, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
Hello all,

I was banned last night due to some rule breaking/ flaming etc,
I am not going to try and say I am innocent, neither am I going to attempt an appeal due to it only being a 12 hour ban,

The reason I am posting here is because I am confused at the double standards in rp,

I can rp extremely well I think, and also I enjoy helping players work out the basics etc,

What is getting my goat is that sometimes certain people including admins that will join preaching rules to others and sometimes making up rules as they go, the minuite anyone else breaks a rule they are arrested or rdm'ed it kicked and banned,

Last night for instance I was playing fr several hours not once di I break a rule to begin with,
And then I was repeatedly rdm'ed and I tried to rp but greeted with wool whoop over the mic and trolled,

So I had enough, I rammed a police boat because it sat in the sea doing nothing I trolled it something mad for 10 minutes, then I went to the rig,

When I got there the entrance was prop blocked,
so I shimmied around it and got in,

The owner of said prop said how the f did you get in, I laughed and ran, he pulled a gun,
I spawned some balls but I did not hit him with them like he said,

I ran some more, next thing is the Cg turned up,

Chased me up stairs didn't tell me to stop I spawned a door in front of the game door,
He got through my second door in a seccond,

He pulled his rifle and I spawned another door and another in between me ad him, he walked around them,
I then done a dr zoidberg woop woop whoop  and jumped off the rig,

Next minute I was being called a child and a propblockrr and other various names, so I just trolled at anyone saying said things especially at bring called a child as I sit here preparing my daughters 7th birthday party lol, and was amazed at how angry these keyboard warriors were getting,

But, yes I broke some rules, I was punished for it and I won't do it again because I like the server simple as,

But it needs to be clear if someone trolls from now on and evades arrest or meta games or prop blocks or anything else mingebaggish I wil demo every single one and ban request them all until the double standards of some of the power heavy admins and paid members is addressed.

Apologies for the spelling grammar and such I wrote this on my iPhone lol.

But feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong I will listen I'm not looking for a flame war or an argument, just healthy dicusssion.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Double standards
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 06:01:34 PM »
It isn't a double standard, it's being a minge bag. There's a difference between some one RDMing ONCE or abusing a job ONCE then breaking fear RP, prop blocking, prop surfing, and probably prop push. What you did deserves a week or more. Idk how long you've been here, but just because some one else breaks the rules doesn't mean you should.

Offline Andylamb

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 06:13:33 PM »
I done it once Honsou, and ive been on the server for a few days, a few hours at a time, Ive uploaded a demo of what I am talking about this very evening

http://www.mediafire.com/?433snkf0x4xyc37

no need to be hostile toward me,
I havent done anything wrong.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »
It isn't a double standard, it's being a minge bag. There's a difference between some one RDMing ONCE or abusing a job ONCE then breaking fear RP, prop blocking, prop surfing, and probably prop push. What you did deserves a week or more. Idk how long you've been here, but just because some one else breaks the rules doesn't mean you should.
..and just because someone hasn't been here long doesn't mean you can't respond to their post nicely and considerately. Way to be an ass.

Hello Andylamb, I'm Nikolai. I can understand your frustration and it's perfectly understandable why you acted the way you did. Here at Catalyst Gaming, however, we believe that two wrongs don't make a right. If someone is breaking a rule and harming you, you cannot do the same to them or others. Also, to help clarify, some rules are treated with different levels of severity than others. In the future, report these people to an administrator or record the situation and make a ban request on the forums. I hope that helps you.

- Nik
Live free or die

Offline Andylamb

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 06:48:04 PM »
Thanks for the reply I assure you I will use the correct channels when warranted but I won't be ashamed to post multiple ban requests for multiple minges

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 07:16:28 PM »
People taking effort to help admins by cleaning up the servers from rulebreakers is good. But the way you put it makes me believe you go out of your way and get as many people banned as possiple, just out of frustration because you got banned as well?...

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 07:31:02 PM »
To defend myself here, I did nothing wrong from my view. I was the CG who's boat he rammed, as well as the one who confronted him on the rig (Also, you were locked up there before I got to the rig, I was told you were up there, and hadn't even seen you up until that point). I can't say anything about him getting RDMed or the original propblock, because I didn't see or might not have even been there when it occured. But regarding how it developed in chat, yeah. People took it way out of hand, and why they continued to try and argue with you (and kind of me to some extent) about it was stupid. I asked them to stop, you asked them to stop, it finally took KJUN to end it all. But yes, I see people get away with breaking rules, partially because admins can't be every where at once. I usually don't ever report them because I'm not on it fast enough to get good evidence. But yeah, gathering evidence and reporting them is always the way to go.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Andylamb

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 05:29:09 AM »
Don't feel you have to defend yourself at all Lone Ranger, it was my actions that were wrong if you had shot or arrested me without warning it would have been different,

As for going out of my way to have people banned the answer is no bit what I will be doing is making sure demos are clear and evidence Is submitted for those who are wrecking gameplay. And with the amount of minges that's a lot of ban requests unless the admins do something to control that more how you do that is up to you.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 05:31:51 AM by Andylamb »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal