Author Topic: Getting banned on global chat  (Read 4278 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Getting banned on global chat
« on: August 12, 2013, 08:25:34 PM »
There is nothing more annoying about the Shoutbox when some idiot can't use OOC, or doesn't know the difference between global and OOC. For that reason, I am proposing that you can get banned on global chat. It would make it so if you can't figure out the different between global and OOC/you are spamming it or misusing it, you will get banned on it so you can't use it anymore.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Remilia Scarlet

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Getting banned on global chat
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 08:49:39 PM »
I second this.
Gregory Casavant: ((The HRP stew is missing something today, hmm, needs more admin.))

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 09:01:10 PM »
i will not 3rd this for one reason, some players might be new to RP/gmod in general and just see the global as a form of "OOC" and banning them for using it will be dumb as shit and a deterrent. Misusing it is already a bannable offense anyway if you look in the actual shoutbox rules so really what you are suggesting is half-implemented

tl;dr, no

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 09:05:59 PM »
I've been screencappping people with my phone who abuse global. Once I get onto my computer I'll be uploading the evidence, problem is, you can't get banned on global chat. Please, please, add this.

i will not 3rd this for one reason, some players might be new to RP/gmod in general and just see the global as a form of "OOC" and banning them for using it will be dumb as shit and a deterrent. Misusing it is already a bannable offense anyway if you look in the actual shoutbox rules so really what you are suggesting is half-implemented

tl;dr, no

So you are saying when people say "so and so is gay" and then someone says hi, which makes half the server say hi too in global, they shouldn't be punished? Like I said above, I have evidence of people clearly breaking global rules with STUPID things, but I can't post a ban request on them since you can't get banned on global.  If you don't read the rules to the server, THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING ON IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 09:17:44 PM »
reread my post again ty

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 09:52:36 PM »
reread my post again ty

Yes, it is partially against the Shoutbox rules like you said, BUT, how can you get banned if there is no way to get banned on global chat? The only way to stop you using global chat is to get perma banned on all servers, which is over the top. Regarding new players, then treat them like new players? Give them warnings but if someone that has been playing at CG for a week and hasn't read the rules, they shouldn't play here.

So please, "reread my post again, ty."

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »
I like the idea of banning spamming little 11 year olds

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal