Author Topic: <::|| Union Civil Authority Application Cycle 5 ||::>  (Read 16071 times)

Offline 1337lolguyman

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: <::|| Union Civil Authority Application Cycle 5 ||::>
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 07:22:45 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: 1337lolguyman

IC Character Name: Johann Steiner

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

Johann Steiner was born into a military family in Germany.  His father was a soldier and HIS father was a soldier.  This cycle goes all the way back to th 1700's.  Johann was taught to never break tradition and to always respect authority.  Johann never diobeyed his parents and would always help enforce the rules to his unnaturally unruly siblings.  When Johann was in school, he enrolled in the local Reserve Officer Training Corps in hopes of future service.

At the time of the Resonance Cascade, Steiner was already undergoing training at the local Police Academy so he can enter the Army a rank or two higher.  He was never accepted into the Army, nor did he ever complete training, due to the abundance of better candidates already from the military who would constantly take his spot on the force.  He decided to continue training for a while in hopes that a spot would finally open up for him.  Just before the 7-Hour War (about 2 years, to be precise), Johann's father, Manfred Steiner, died of Cancer.  This caused Johann to quit his job as a Police Officer and work at his mother's small general store.

During the war, Johann stayed clear of as much Combine as he could.  When Civil Protection was formed, Johann could not decide whether or not he wanted to continue police work.  He always respected the new police force, even when he was treated badly himself.  Now, Johann has put all of his troubles behind him and is ready to make all of the necessary sacrifices to help his new authority, community, and mankind as a whole; whatever the cost.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)

-Honest
-Loyal
-Respectful of authority
-Obeys orders
-Sometimes forgets small things, but not too often
-Committed to whatever he does
-Courageous
-Honorable

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?

Johann expects the CCA would be a redemption to all of his past wrongs and a way to serve others, knowing full well the prices he must pay in the form of beatings, harassment, etc. to keep order and help mankind.  He wants to keep tradition, up until he dies and is the final generation of his famliy.  He also wants to help support his mother, who lives in City 17 and is not making enough of a living to even eat without rations.

I, myself, would like to see what it looks like from the other side.  Having played through Half Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2, I wondered what it was like to view the Resistance as a main antagonist, instead of the other way around.  I also like the look of the Combine, especially Synths and Elites.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

Johann Steiner was born in Germany about 35 years ago.  He was born to Manfred Steiner, his father, and Katja Hoppe, his mother.  He lived in Berlin for about 3 years before moving to Hamburg.  Johann was raised to be in armed service almost from birth.  His mother worked at a local general store, which soon after Johann's brother, Andreas Steiner, was born, she bought for herself.  Johann's sister, Gizala Steiner, is an odd one, no matter how her parents raised her, she was defiant.  Johann and Gizala grew very distant asn Johann became lawful and Gizala became chaotic.  Andreas was respectful of authority, but never had any interest in continuing his family's tradition of joining the armed forces.

Before the 7-Hour War, Johann trained to become as great a soldier as he could while in and out of school.  He generally ignored many distractions during training such as television, sports, hunger, and even his girlfriend.  Johann applied for police training because he was never really able to get into the military.  By the time the portal storms started hitting Hamburg, Johann was still in training and could not help defend the city as much as he wished.  Just before the war began (about 2 years), Manfred, his father, died of lung Cancer due to smoking.  This was one of many personal reasons that Johann decided to quit his police and military training and help his mother at the general store.  When the war finally hit, Johann was very respectful of his new superiors.  He tried to get as much on their good side as possible so as not to be hunted down and killed or treated as bad as others by following the law.

After the war, Johann was still a bit distressed over many personal issues, including his father.  This conflicted with his desire to fulfill tradition and join the armed forces.  Eventually, his friends encouraging him, Johann found his willingness to proceed with this, realizing that dwelling on his past does not help people around him.  Johann finally gathered enough courage to pay the price of order and security by attempting to join Civil Protection.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?

About 3 years total, I play in long intervals

2. How long have you played on serious servers?

About a year and a half, once again: in intervals.  This inclides non-Gmod games.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?

About a week for Catalyst Gaming, found a gem in the dirt and plan to stay much longer.

4. What Time zone are you in?

Eastern time -5

5. In what country do you live?

United States of America

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?

Playing on a Neverwinter Nights game, I played a neutral Necromancer critical to the plot, which lasted a WHOLE YEAR!  There were many plot twists and a lot of the story was made up as we went by the Dungeon Master.  The ending was so dramatic, some players wer literally left crying.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?

I can listen and understand, but once in a while, I will forget something said to me, usually small and unimportant.

IC Section

Full Name: Johann Ferdinand Steiner
CID: # 10191
Height: 5'2
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Weight: 143 lbs
Mental Distinctions: I am extremely honorable
Mental Defects: I will pay any price to achieve his goal
Mental Advantages: I can fix most of my personal problems and regain my mental state.
Notable Qualities: I am honorable, courageous, honest, and respectful of the people who deserve it.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?

I have not.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?

Yes, my superiors are giving me gifts, it would be dishonorable not to accept.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?

Whatever it takes to help my peers.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?

I will expect no less.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?

To say no would be disloyalty, an insult to me.  Therefore, yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?

To finally fulfill my father's last wishes, as well as my own.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black

I, Johann Steiner, hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:42:29 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Reager

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 08:26:19 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Reager [Sub-Zero occasionally]

IC Character Name: Aisha Owens

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Aisha thought that loyalists were the only people apt to be guaranteed a place within the CCA, and she had never favored the CCA herself. Her tastes weren't within the resistance too much either. The reason for this concerned her ideas of the CCA. So for the beginning of her life in the city she had stayed a citizen and didn't favor toward either faction.

Pondering, while hanging lonesome in her empty apartment, she forced herself to think of reasons to join the CCA considering she wasn't too much for the resistance. She felt that she belonged somewhere other than in the neutral zone, she wanted to isolate herself from the dull and repetitive life of a citizen. It felt like she did the same exact thing everyday; sleep, work, loiter near a shop, then sleep for a few hours. A change was indeed needed.

The only reason she felt herself obligated to join the CCA instead of the resistance was because of sheer facts such as: the Universal Union had won the war and enslaved the entire planet in 7 hours, as well as having a large army and having more resources. This convinced her that she'd have no chance staying alive if she were to immerse herself in the rebel life. The other reason she felt up to joining the CCA was because it would provide a better life style, in her sense. Being given meals that wouldn't have a foul and undernourished taste, and whenever a CP walked by she could always just imagine herself within one of those uniforms; these were other reasons she felt like applying. She also, but didn't really feel strong about it, wanted to insure the safety of other citizens. She doesn't really care much about others as she should, but will use it as her excuse.

Obedience is a key trait she has, able to follow orders (as long as they stay within a logical and reasonable zone)
Her thoughts are slightly discursive, barely does this correspond with her speech,though sometimes it may interfere with her duties, but not often.
She has common sense, knowing what to do to avoid trouble or pissing off a higher command. This helps her know when to keep her mouth closed or to isolate herself from another situation/argument that isn't her own.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?
I have never had a character in the CCA so I expect it to give me a different/new aspect of RP as well as more knowledge on the CCA. This could help expand some of my role playing into other depths I haven't explored before, such as actually falling into ranks and having to obey commanders. So I guarantee that it'd be a fun and learning experience as well as something that may progress my RPing capabilities.

I expect this opportunity to give my character a new insight on the CCA, which in return would shift her thoughts accordingly and would make the CCA gain her trust. My character would expect the experience to be (oddly) fun and very rewarding, something that could also expand her abilities and skills. She also expects it to keep her in-tune and help her focus on what is currently going on, to help her keep her mind off other things.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
1991-
   Aisha Owens was born August 20, 1991 in San Antonio, Texas. Her mother was rushed toward the San Antonio Community Hospital to give birth to Aisha early in the day. She was born into a Hispanic heritage, which she ended up living a quite decent life as her family was above the middle class.
   She was home schooled at an affordable price and lived a quiet life for a small part of her youth. Because of the quiet and dull scenario surrounding her, she began being involved in gang-related activities. She never went as far as to start gun shootings or even drink an alcoholic beverage at the least. She mostly hanged with a small chunk of the gang and did minor public offenses such as stealing or pickpocketing. Most of her actions were very unnecessary considering her family was above any financial problems. The saddest part was that she was only twelve and thirteen when she was in the gang.

2004-2009
   Most of her education was wasted as she planned on joining the military without a doubt when she grew older. Most of her expectations shifted for the future when the portal storms had arisen in 2004 and she was forced behind the walls of a protected city. Even though life was expected to be protected and safe, she was kept indoors and lived, once again, a dull and quiet life. She never had saw a face of her small gang again.
   Behind the bars of the city, and being eighteen now, she wanted to help out with the protection of the city. Before she even got the chance though, more portal storms opened up and her life in the protected city was changed.

Seven Hour War
   With the walls being destroyed and the Universal Union taking over the world, she was forced to abandon her home with her family into a community shelter. Nearly three hours had passed before the shelter had been popped open and the odd, never seen before units rushed in. Many were murdered, anyone with defects or those who were too old, too young. Aisha was happy her prayers were answered that she had been eighteen, old enough to not pass off as a kid to be either killed or sent off to a  cremator factory. Was it better she had not died though?

2009-2016
   Life happened to be even more boring than before. Life was cruel at the start of the new city life. She was soon malnourished and had worked long hours at the labor camp. Not often, but sometimes she'd be transferred to different cities and she'd have to get use to the different cultural surroundings and faces. She was able to make a friend in one city who was of the CWU, the man provided her with part of his more nourishing meals. This helped re-boost her strength a bit and help her out while at the labor camp.
   Sadly she was reassigned to a new city and once again started out her life as before. Upon entering City 18 she figured to try something new with her life, something that could help put her in a better situation. Applying to be a CP.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Five years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Between four and three years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Half a week.

4. What Time zone are you in? GMT - 4:00

5. In what country do you live? USA

6. How old are you? 16

TnB, a while back when my character was just introduced to the out lands there was a COTA Raid. Whiteforest was the location and the place was calm and quiet, birds canopying the nearby trees. Everyone was alerted and rushed into an underground basement. The sounds of hunters echoed through the forest and had created a stale and quiet moment between the hiding rebels. It seemed like an hour passed as the hunters roamed the seemingly empty town. Suddenly violent screams were heard as some (supposedly uninformed) rebels were being introduced to the hunters in a grotesque way, being torn apart and shot up. More time had pass and much passive RP was created as the rebels whispered among themselves. This experience was memorable for the seriousness, fun, and passive RP introduced and conducted.

Yes, I do consider myself a good listener.

IC Section

Full Name: Aisha Owens
CID: 59847
Height: 5'8''
Hair Colour Dark Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 120 lbs
Mental Distinctions: N/A
Mental Defects: N/A
Mental Advantages: More then enough common sense
Notable Qualities: Unemotionally interested in line of work, more than average experience with hand-to-hand combat.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes.

I wished to dedicate my life and services to the CCA to protect and secure the civil populace, as well as rid it of any pestilent life forms. I want to encourage loyalism and help the CCA by creating a more in-tune and stable environment within the city and districts. Aside from that, I wanted to achieve a different style of living and be on the other end for once, to help out and be a committed member of the Civil Protection.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Aisha Owens hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:42:59 PM by Burning Bullet »

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: [GM] I Eat Chich

IC Character Name: Mike Noir

Before the 7 Hour War, Noir worked for a manufacturing company that produced calculator parts, which had its assets stripped and production moved abroad to China. From that moment, Noir knew what true hunger felt like. He could not feed his three children on welfare and he lost his youngest child to malnutrition as the recession took a deeper hold on his community and the welfare he was promised could not even provide basic sustenance to the millions of people left destitute by the second Great Depression.

When the Combine arrived, the hunger which he thought had been true before was nothing compared to what he felt now. Determined to survive, Noir stole from fellow citizens as his community resisted the occupation and therefore rations were withheld. After a month of Combine occupation, Noir weighed 3/4's of what he weighed before the occupation. Noir was determined to secure more food for himself, even if this meant working against the community that once supported him.

Noir doesn't particularly feel a love for the Combine, and he feels that their occupation has made matters worse. He's treated like a slave, starved, beaten and humiliated and the only way he can escape this suffering is by joining the CCA. Noir marched into the application office determined to become a recruit and work his way up through the ranks, in turn receiving a weapon to defend himself against people who also felt the need to survive by stealing from others, and receiving enough rations so he would not lay awake for many hours, his insomnia induced by the great hunger he felt constantly.

- Determined/Perseverance
- Unmerciful
- Cruel
- Loyalty to the most powerful organization present
- Uncompassionate
-Severely malnourished

OOC'ly

I expect to get pushed around as a recruit which is what should happen in HL2RP. I don't expect to be given much forgiveness for any mistake I make so I won't make any mistakes. I've been in the CCA before on Kuromeku's community (the name has slipped my mind) so I know that I've gotta take orders from my superiors. I'm hoping that I'll get involved with the Inquisitor side of the Combine, the guys who extract information from citizens; before you ask, I'm not a sadist, I feel that my roleplay is of a very high quality and this position offers a very good method of showing my skills.

IC'ly

Noir knows that he's going to have to accept being not much better off than the common citizen for a while. He won't be recieving a fantastic amount of rations, so he will not be in prime physical condition, so he must not be too lenient and unperceptive to anti-citizens as they only have a slight disadvantage in physical build. Noir needs to be prepared to hand out cruel and unfair punishments if his superiors ask as they can have him terminated whenever they wish; they're not his friends, he knows that, so he has to be just as afraid of them as he is of the rebels.

When Noir first got fired, he was shocked. He knew that life was going to be difficult once he had no source of income, but the welfare state could keep him and his children alive at the very least. The company he worked for, Casio Calculators, had sold off the property and the first Mike knew of his unemployment was when he approached the building at 9am on a Monday morning and was faced with a 'CONDEMNED' sign.
Mike went home and informed his children that he didn't have a job anymore, and that for the moment they couldn't buy new clothes or go on holiday during the summer.

Mike started receiving his welfare cheque a week after he lost his job. At first, the welfare allowed him to live relatively comfortably, whilst obvious making cutbacks, but nothing so major that it affected his children's lives.
Then, one morning, Mike was watching the television when the news reporter's coverage of the troubles in Burkhina Fasou was cut short; the camera switched over to the Financial sector of CNN. On the screen, there was a projection of a plummeting graph indicating that the FTSE 100 and many other major stock markets were crashing. The dollar was worth virtually nothing, and his savings may have just as well been burnt. Mike lost everything in a matter of hours.

The next winter was extremely tough. The welfare fund was slowly drying up as more people became unemployed and it had to be spread even further, and eventually he couldn't afford the bacon he usually cooked for his family every morning. Mike cancelled his heating payments in order to be able to buy himself and his family two meals a day, and they mainly consisted of bread. His youngest child, Dave, fell ill with pneumonia as his house was so frighteningly cold. Dave died within two weeks of falling ill, and Mike never recovered.

During the summer, there were shimmering blue lights, called Portal Storms, that deposited frightening monsters around the town. 
"Am I going mad? Has Dave's death really affected me that much?" Mike asked himself.
But he knew he had not been driven insane; half of his town had moved into Cleveland after fleeing from the monsters that Mike frequently saw roaming the fields. Mike refused to leave and so did many of the other people in the town; they gathered arms and fought off many of the monsters. They did not fight as effectively as they could have since many were so hungry that they could not even hold a gun without shaking, but they held off the monsters for many weeks.

Then the Combine invaded; nobody could believe it. The news arrived in the morning that gunships from some unknown country, which Mike now knows were not even from any country, were flying across America and slaughtering the armed infantry that were fighting so desperately to defend the country. The war felt like it had raged for years due to the intensity of the fighting, but in reality the UN declared that their forces were surrendering to the Combine after a mere 7 hours.

Mike was arrested by the Combine for simply being outside of the city and was deported to City 17 where he now resides. He was forced to leave his children behind when he was arrested and Mike remains convinced that they have been deported to some other city. At first in City 17, many of the citizens rebelled, refusing to believe that Earth had simply given up. Mike refused to join in as he had heard the blood curdling screams that penetrated the walls behind where so many of the rebels were tortured.
As a result of the resistance, many rations were withheld and Mike feared he would died from starvation. They recieved barely 1000 calories per day and were made to work backbreaking hours for their new 'benefactors.'
 Mike realized he had to join the Combine as soon as possible as he grew frightened when he could see hair falling from his head due to the starvation.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Five years, starting from when World of Warcraft first started out. On Garrysmod? Over 3 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Over 3 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? I joined perhaps a week ago (only registered on the forums today), I grew tired from the HL2RP many months ago but I felt I should perhaps try playing again and I came across your community by chance xD

4. What Time zone are you in? GMT +0

5. In what country do you live? England, UK

6. How old are you? 16

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? I was detained by the Combine on a HL2RP server. They told me that there was another person in the room next to me, and we were both gagged so we could not cry out. We had 10 minutes to tell the unit that we felt the other should die and it was a test to show how long we could cope under the pressure. I caved in first, tapped on the window and indicated that the other guy should die. The unit said he was disgusted at my cowardice and walked in with  pistol. He conducted a mock execution which drove my character insane.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yup, if it's a roleplay situation I will follow suit, such as carry out orders from my superior. If it's an OOC situation, my own feelings may come in to play and i may disagree if i feel the order/statement is incorrect or wrong but i'm always ready to accept criticism.

9.Other notes- I'm a Super Administrator on Gerbil Mountain which is a Real Life Serious Roleplay community (www.gmservers.co.uk)

IC Section

Full Name: Michael Noir
CID: 68041
Height: 6 Foot 1 Inches
Hair Colour: N/a (Bald)
Weight: 9st 6lbs
Mental Defects: Depression in the past.
Mental Advantages: Clinically diagnosed psychopath (Diagnosed by Dr Wengstrom after UN surrender)
Notable Qualities: Understanding of mechanics and knowledgeable grasp of anatomy

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? Yes, I was detained and deported to City 18 after the UN surrendered to the Combine.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?Yes

I want to enforce peace and make sure citizens comply so they can recieve rations and therefore decrease malnutrition prevalent in this city.

I, Michael Noir hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW.

Accepted.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:36:22 PM by Burning Bullet »
"I luv how we where talken about amber killen her self and then it went to a kid that jacked off 42 times and died"
-C45.CCA.UNION-03.334

C18.CCA.JURY-RCT.527
Dr. Grigory Stulenkov
Steven Jessup

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 12:41:13 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:
Jeff (be)

IC Character Name:
Jeff Johnson

It was a normal day in city 45 Jeff Johnson had the order to clean the streets. After getting his rations Jeff talked to some guys he met when cleaning the streets. After his little chat with his fellow citizens.
He has gone back to his apartment for a nap. But when he was about to close his eyes he heard his door open, immediately Jeff stood up and tried to hide but he was to late a man aimed a gun at his head and said: “On the wall NOW!” he immediately did what the man asked. “Give me all your tokens and possessions or I will blow your brains out” the man said Jeff gave all of his tokens and possessions. But when he turned around he saw 2 other guys one with a SMG and one with a pistol. Then the man who threatened  Jeff said: “Turn around, guys look for anything valuable.” After some time The man came back and said: “on your knees” Jeff did so. "make it quick" Jeff said. But when the man was going to fire, the door of Jeff’s apartment fell and 3 officers stormed in. They shot the other two raiders but when they were going to shoot the third, he quickly grabbed Jeff and said: “Don’t fire or he will die!” the leading officer did not doubt immediately and shot the third raider.
When the other officers removed the body’s the leading officer said: “Citizen, stand up.” Jeff did so and said: “Ok, officer.” Then the officer asked: “Are you alright citizen?” Jeff answered “Yes, officer” The officer said: “here are your belongings” and gave Jeff’s stuff back. Jeff thanked the officer and had a sit. After a while Jeff stood up to go back outside but when he left his apartment he heard screaming coming out of the apartment next to him. It was Mia his neighbour he turned on his requesting device and called officers to help. “Is this a raid party?” Jeff thought. Then he heard a gunshot and screams. It was Mia, immediately Jeff stormed in and overpowered the raider. He took his gun and shot the raider. Then the raider's companion tried to shoot Jeff but he immediately took cover behind he cough. Then… he saw Mia lying there, dead. Jeff got angry , got out of cover and shot the man when he was reloading. After 2 minutes officers came in. “Hands up! Get on the wall!" The officer said. Jeff did what the officer said. while going out of the apartment Jeff looked at his neighbor Mia for the last time. After that he followed the squad to the nexus. After telling his story his facts where confirmed by the leading officer who saved Jeff the first time.

2 days later Jeff still thought: "I need to do something about this! I can't just sit here and do nothing while get mugged all around the city."

When Jeff came outside he saw an application for CCA and knew what to do. 

2) Please detail your characters traits.
-Trustworthy
-dedicated to his cause.
-If he has to, would sacrifice himself.
-loyal
-quick thinker
-good listener
-he has had gun training before the portal war
-he's been in the army (he left 1 year before portal storm)
-he likes sporting and is fysicaly very strong

I would like my character to join the CCA because I can learn from it (I have already been CCA in 2 other HL2RP servers.)
And I really want to bring order because when people think like: "wow in this server, I can do what I want, I won't be punished/arrested" people will automatically break the rules. And I hate minges/lolrebels and they need to know that they are NOT the boss here the CCA is and if they think they are then we/I will teach them a lesson. I also expect it to be serious and hard work. I would really like the patrolling the streets and possibly defending the entrance to C6 so that we would not get a possible rebel attack.
It will also really enrich my character because he wants to help the CCA stop the raids that killed his friend (Mia) so that there will be no more deaths caused by raiders He will also try to help inform officers where to search because he is a important citizen and knows where raiders/rebels might hide because he had heard story’s of their hiding places by fellow citizens. He also thinks that if the CCA do their jobs good and would have enough recruits that the Combine/CCA might bring peace to the world. He also knows what he is allowed to do and not to do on his rank/in general.

Name: Jeff
Born:
Trinity Hospital, Evocity, Oregon, U.S.A.
May 23rd, 1984

Jeff was born to very rich parents. His dad had companies all over the world which made him very rich (he was worth 9 million dollars) . Jeff's mom took care of him mostly.

At 8 years old Jeff's family moved to evocity for his dad's work. His dad promised Jeff he could go to the best school in the evocity area. Jeff was happy because he really liked to study, he was popular in school because he was smart, played the guitar and had rich parents, then jeff graduated from school, he was the 2nd best student in school. His dad was so proud of him and gave him his very first car a dodge charger.
Because he had to visit his dad when he had gone to New York. Then he went to collage (Harvard) but it was a really though school but Jeff managed to survive his first year. Then he took drugs and his grades dropped. But then his girlfriend came to know and talked him out of it. Then Jeff realized that he had to proof himself he learned better then ever.  After that, he lived a good life, He studied hard and was about to graduate. But when Jeff had dinner with his mom and dad for the first time in years. When they came out of the restaurant an ex-college who had mental problems of Jeff's father, jumped in front of them and shot his fathers bodyguard while he tried to take his gun then he shot Jeff's father in the head and tried to kill his mother because his gun blocked, Jeff tried to help his mother but got pushed on the ground, then Jeff saw the bodyguards gun took it and shot the murderer. After that Jeff and his mom got to a local PS (police station) they explained everything and Jeff could go on with his life, but without his dad.
Jeff was at his  biology class when he looked out of the window and saw portals coming out of the sky everyone in the school was at the courtyard they saw something coming out of the portal some kind of plane. But then it started to shoot everyone was scared when Jeff though of something his parents he ran to his car and drove to his mother. On his way there he saw chaos everywhere, crashed cars, planes falling out of the sky, cops trying to prevail over these aliens and getting killed in many horrible ways. Jeff couldn’t take in anymore. He drove as fast as he could.
When he finally  arrived at his mom’s  house it was empty. He kept searching for someone When suddenly another portal came out of the air. When he came back outside he saw some people getting in a shelter. Jeff asked if he could get in to the owners were friendly and let Jeff in. after an hour or so Jeff and the other family heard footsteps they kept themselves quiet. When the sound was gone they were relieved but not for long, right after they wanted to make an escape plan the shelter door opened and some human-like things pulled Jeff and the family out of the shelter. Jeff tried to resist, he took a plank and hits the alien. When he was about to hit the downed alien, his companion took his gun and said, drop it. Jeff dropped the plank and suddenly  someone pulled a sac over Jeff’s head. The last thing he heard of the family was the daughter of the man and wife getting shot.  After a long ride in some kind of APC Jeff arrived at a city where other people were they all weared the same Jeansy clothes and there also were a lot of human-like things like the ones who kidnapped Jeff then, Jeff saw a man calling himself “the city administrator” explaining that  Jeff was in city 45 and that the “things” that kidnapped Jeff where called combine and that these were the CCA also known as the combine civil authority. Jeff knew that this City 45 was the place he had to stay in for the rest of his live so he could better make the best of it. And so he also thought that maybe these “combine” could finally bring peace in the world. But for now he would just have to settle in this City 45.

OOC Details

I have 780 hours on gmod so I think 720 on RP

670 hours on serious RP (if you don’t believe me check my Xfire Jeff2307)

I think 1 month.

CEST +1

Belgium

6. How old are you?

Being a CP on another HL2RP server and raiding a rebel base...

YES

IC Section

Full Name: Jeff Johnson
CID: #00522
Height: 6’1
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Blue
Weight: 165
Mental Distinctions:
-calm
-smart
-patient

Mental Defects:
Has depressions sometimes

Mental Advantages:
Highly intellectual, Quick thinker

Notable Qualities:
-loyal
-Good in following orders
-good listener
-strong
-fast

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Yes, for running: but actually I was running away from a citizen that treatend to kill me, then an officer arrested me but I didn’t resist because you better don’t do that.

Yes.

Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

Yes.

I, _Jeff__Johnson_ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

DENIED. Excessive amounts of punctuation errors. Application leans too heavily on raiding.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:18:59 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Super_Killer6501

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 01:03:48 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Super_Killer6501

IC Character Name: Carl Samson

All of Carls life since he was a little child he had wanted to join the military and fight for his country. His Dad and Mom did it, There parents before them, and there parents before them, to a long history of military relatives. When the portal storms arived Carl had just turned 18. He was ready to join the military and fend off against the alien invaders.

Sadly his Mother and Fath did not feel the same and forbid him to join. They told him to keep himself and his sister safe in the cities while they went to work as Soldiers. Carl Obeyed his parents and kept himself and his sister safe. Sadly, near the end of the portal storms his parents were killed from an antlion assault on there camp. Carl being wildly upset ran out of the house leaving his sisters and all his belongings.

Then the seven hour war started and Carl was in the crossfire. By the end of the war Carl frightened, angry, and lonely saw a human face on a huge screen. His name was Wallace Breen and he explained the Combine were here to help us, and sadly Carl believed him. Carl blamed the military of what happened to his parents and trusted the combine. He thought that if he joined the Combine he could live his dream as a military occupant and also avenge his familys death by driving out the antlions and other mindless alien creatures. He would serve the Combine who to a lost, confused, teenager seemed like the best choice!

He is very lawful to the Combine. Anything the Combine say is right is right to him because it means it will only get him closer to living his dream as a soldier or law enforcement. Yet he still has a soft side for civilians not armed for not being involved in the human military he considers evil.

OOC'ly

I expect it to be hard but yet rewarding knowing that I am helping keep the peace. I expect to follow orders and to do as I am told no matter my personal opionion. I will be pushed around a reqruit but also learn on the job and perhaps soon move up the ranking system. I know not to use weapons to abuse anything and will roleplay all matters of law enforcement neccesary.

I want a real roleplay experience. I want to actually feel like im a comnine in a Half-life world. I have always been so fascinated by the combine when I started playin Half-life 2 and would love the oppertunity to roleplay one.

IC'ly

Carl is glad to be part of the combine. His young mind has almost got him brainwashed to thinking most humans are evil. He feels closer to the combine than any human being including his sister who he doesnt even know is alive or not. He knows that sometimes he will have to give citizens cruel and unfair punishment but as long as the combine demand it he will obey.

Carl knows it will be hard to live up to the expectations of being a combine. But now he has something new to make proud. He will always clean his equipment and make sure to follow every proper rule.

When Carl was young his parents were always gone. They were either on duty, at base, or doing things together. Some times they only spent a mere 10 hours a week with Carl and his sister. Although Carl didn't have much contact with his parents, he always tried to make them proud. He got straight A's at school, but the response was only a pat on the head. He would clean the house, but they barley ever noticed. Then Carl realized the true thing that Would make his parents proud would be to join the military.

Soon Carl was busy working out every day. He watched old war movies, studied tactics, lifted weights, and ran track, He was determined to be the best soldier he could be and make his parents proud of him. All of this sucked up his life. He knew nothing more but war and military. His grades suffered, he dropped out of school, the house got dirty, he didnt make friends, and he ignored his sister. Yet none of this got his parents attention.

When the portals arrived he was old enough to join the military. When he was ready to apply his parents forbid him and this crushed him inside. His whole life he had worked for this one moment to make them proud and still they wouldn't let him join. He sat at home and basically was a zombie(dead inside). He only hoped that the portal storm would end and they would come home and stay. He only hoped to see his parents again and hug them and say he only wanted to make them proud. But it was all too late.

When he learned of his parents death he left his house and all his stuff, including his sister. He lived his life hiding and running, confused, upset, and angry. When the 7 hour war arrived he was caught outside in between the war running for his life. Many times almost getting killed. When the war ended Carl was inside one of the main cities and saw a huge screen with a man on it. The man was Wallace Breen and he told the people that the combi were here to help. Carl belived him. He thought that his parents death were the militarys fault and if he was going to avenge his parents he would join the combine to do it.

Most human soon seemed evil to him except for the ones who were completly defenseless. He was more combine than human and he knew he had to live his dream now through the combine. His life now was to only serve the combine because war and enforcement was all he knew. If he would of met the resistance first he might of been a different person, but now he has been brainwashed into loving the combine.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Five years, starting from when World of Warcraft first started out. On Garrysmod? Well on garrys mod only a few days because I purchased it about a week ago but I have played plenty on roleplaying on many other games and things.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 2 days on garrys mod

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? I joined a few days ago but i registered on forums today.

4. What Time zone are you in? MST +7

5. In what country do you live? Arizona, US

6. How old are you? 19

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? I was living my life as a regular citizen untill a player formed resistance group recruited me in the alley on my way to work. Confused i followed them to a secret hideout where they had collected weapons and zipties. There plan was to assault the CP's and release the city from CP control. First there was a riot and then shots firing off by resistance citizens into the CP. Sad to say we were shot out and then dispered for fear rp :P. The CP eventually chased down the resistance members including me and killed some of us and sent some of us to prison to be killed later. They took our leader in the middle of the street and hot him in the head to show the citizens a warning. It was a cool hide from the authorities game for me :D.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Very good. IC I will follow orders and not disobey. OCC I will always respect Authorities and admins. I will do whatever admins say.

9.Other notes- I play D&D with friends , the real one on the table. I love Roleplaying games and the concept of living in a different world and telling a story.

IC Section

Full Name: Carl Samson
CID: I cant exactly remember at the moment but I can easily get it.
Height: 6 Foot 3 inches
Hair Colour: Brown
Weight: 205 lbs.
Mental Defects: past depression, past anger management
Mental Advantages: Knowledge of Military tactics and basically anthing that has to do with war and enforcement.
Notable Qualities: Very athletic and strong. Has fast reflexes and able to follow orders with no questions asked.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? No

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?Yes

I want to enforce peace and make sure citizens comply so they can recieve rations and therefore decrease malnutrition prevalent in this city. serve the only stable military that is around. Avenge dead parents.

I, Carl Samson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:30:34 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Cats Pajamas

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2011, 01:49:12 PM »
   First off I want to make a note. I have been a CP on two other servers. Slidefuse,Shitrp and I also want to say that a lot of times I go on and there is no CP and a lot of minging. I am not a minge and already have a CWU character named "Ari 'Stone' Black." I hope I get accepted quickly because I play late at night a lot and there is never any CP's on to control the minging and roleplay so yeah. I am a great roleplayer and you won't be sorry if I am accepted. :)

OOC Section

OOC Name: Rainbow Dash

IC Character Name: Amber Rose

My character has always been loyal to the union. Ever since they first arrived on Earth. Her family all became rebels and she couldn't handle that. She knew they were going to end up dead so she decided that the Civil Protection was her family and devoted her life to it.
   She eventually gets raped and it only pushs her closer to the UCA. So she ends up snitching on her own family because she knew it was the right thing to do. Everything in her life seemed to be going good. Her obsession with drinking breen's water soon made her forget her family and everything
other than serving the union.
   Eventually one of her friends gets killed by the resistance and she can't take it anymore. She vows to one day join the UCA and serve the union and protect all the innocent citizens. She aspires to become a high ranking unit.  One day she hopes to help get rid of the remaining resistance and make what she thinks is a "Perfect World" free of trouble.

Loyal,Depressed,Honest,Brave

For me I am expecting it to be a good fun way to roleplay on the server. As a UCA I want to roleplay to the best of my ability as a UCA. I also want to serve the union and have fun. but I also want to help make the server better for others by reducing minges and trying to teach them how to roleplay.  If that doesn't work I will at least handle them the best I can so they are not a distraction/mess with other roleplayers.
   For my character it is a way for her to serve the union because they have done so much for her she thinks she needs to start giving instead of just taking. She doesn't want anyone to have to deal with the things she has had to deal with. She wants to help keep the streets clean and make the world a better place for everyone. She also want's to be able to assist any wounded or person in need of help in any way she possibly can.

My character was the youngest born into a rather large family with 4 other siblings. Two of her siblings were girls the others were boys. Ever since she could remember she did everything in her power to keep them all out of trouble. Eventually when the union came she immediatly fell in love with them but her family on the otherhand all hated them. They all eventually got moved into city 45. Amber always stayed as close as she could with the combine but her family decided they would rather go into S6 and fight the combine's powers. One day she was upset and needed to visit her family,
because after all even if they were resistance it was her family. So she decided to go into S6.
   While there she asked around and tried to find them but instead she found a group of black men who had raped her. Upset and distraught she looked harder and harder for her family. With no luck she went to a bar and asked if anyone knew where they were. She was told where they stayed and went to the apartment room they stayed at. She was hoping the reunion would be amazing, but she was wrong. They all hated her and told her to get out and that she was a disgrace to her family for loving the combine.
    So she left, alone and sad she decided to do what she did best. She went to the combine and told them that her family lives in S6 and lied and said they came to the city to visit her telling them their exact location she waited to hear from the UCA again. One day she was outside drinking breens water and she saw her family being brought into the nexus. For one of the first times in her life she felt joy and started reporting everything she say from that point on.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Original taco banana like idk a long time ago though for real.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? A long time ago

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? About a month or so.

4. What Time zone are you in? Central

5. In what country do you live? united states

6. How old are you? 17, 18 in august

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Probably being in the resistance on a different server and giving my life to save my team.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I do elephants never forget.

IC Section

Full Name: Amber Rose
CID: 31974
Height: 5 feet
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual   
Weight: 100
Mental Distinctions: Could kill if necessary with no remorse.
Mental Defects: Depression
Mental Advantages: Doesn't care about people,
Notable Qualities: Honest,Brave,Loyal

No, my character has never been detained.

Yes, and spends the rest of her money on breens water.

Yes, my character has depression and she is in love with the union and would do anything she could to help serve.

Yes, I take full responsibility not only for myself but all Civil protection members under my command.

Yes, as long as I live I will serve and give my life for the Union. I will do whatever it takes to help.

Because I want to help serve the union to the best of my abilities and protect other men and women from rape and other dangerous things.

I, Amber Rose hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

DENIED. You are a good roleplayer, but #4 is lacking in detail about the entire plot (Combine Takeover) of HL2.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:50:17 PM by Burning Bullet »
Glenn Irene Jr. Savior of the Outlands!

Offline {[MR]} Heineken

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2011, 06:42:13 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:
Heineken

IC Character Name:
Gerard Heineken

My character was a big bad boy first, he almost never left the slums and tried to resist as much as possible.
He was dealing contrabant items like booze and radio's. He was also spreading propoganda about the CCA and always lay traps at the metro station.
After a while there was this big plan with some resistance members. They wanted to mug some Units that were in the metro station.
They all climbed on this empty wagon waiting for the perfect time to jump them, but when it happened, it all failed. They all jumped down at
the same time, but what they did NOT notice was the two oter units that were at the entrance. After they jumped down the units called for backup
the two units started rushing fron the entrance. The first thing they did was shoot, Gerard got hit in his left leg and Hasan got hit in the head, the third member George ran away while Heineken was calling for help, but George didn't even look back. Gerard struggled a lot while trying to get on his feet and hide in the back of the empty wagon.
The units first called for medical backup for the injured units that were getting jumped. And after that, they ran after George to catch him.
After that incident, Gerard realized how dangerous and unloyal the resistance was. He never got caught and.or identified. He's currently scavenging the city for contrabant
to turn in for loyalist points. He is completely living off of rations of the moment and changed his path of life.

He is currently a loyalist, he scavenges the city to find as much as contrabant as possible to turn it in for Loyalist Points.

He expects to not be fucked over like in the incident that happened at the metro station. He thinks that everyone in the CCA tries to help eachother AND the city. Since he has turned his back totally to the Resistance, all he tries is to help the citizens. Also, he wants to use the CCA rank to get revenge on the resistance. That incident above was one of the incidents of the dozens. It happened to him, a lot! He also expects to have a better life, he is sick of the default routine of all the citizens! Wake up, get ration, sit in appartement, get another ration and sleep. This repeats over and over every single day, and now he is sick of this! He expects more respect! More domination! And more power!

Gerard Heineken's life is a total blackout, well not totally, but he can't remember anything from his life before city 45. Gerard was a bad boy since City 45, he was a though guy with no mercy. He was also in the resistance. He was a very sneaky person, and also dealing contrabant to citizens, like safe food and water. He also spreaded propoganda constantly. His life had a good cycle, he had more rations then other people and could get his hands on anything he wished. But then that day happens, the day when you get relocated to anoyher city.

The first thing he had to do after he got off the train was simply apply'ing. Even though he never got cought with anti-civil behavious he was a bit shaky in the line. One of the units noticed that and pulled him out of the line and made him apply his full name and CID. He was looking around for a exit, but unfortunately he couldn't escape. He told the unit his name and CID, after that he got patted down. He was still a bit shaky, untill the unit said "Move along!", with a loud voice.

After he got out, he did what everyone did, get a appartment room in the CCH. Almost all of the rooms were full, except room 4B. He claimed the room and went inside, the first thing that went trough his mind was "Do I have to stay in this shithole?". He just went to bed and slept. The next day his back kind of hurt cause of the hard bed. After he washed his face and put his new clothing on, he went to the city to look if there was some kind of passage to the slums.

After a while, he found it but it was restricted. But suddently this retarded citizen was causing lots of trouble at the Ration Distribution Center, and the units at the checkpoint ran there to get a hold of the situation, he took the chance and went trough the checkpoint, he saw this Metro Station and went inside of it. After he got inside he got jumped by a couple of citizens, he was getting beaten up and robbed. But suddently one fo the citizens fell down with blood coming out of his head. He thought it were some units, but it wasn't. It was George, someone from the Resistance he knew from C45. He took out the other two with something looking like a brick.

When he was done with the citizens, he helped Gerard up, laughed and said "What the hell are you doing here!". Gerard explained that he got re-located and George told him to come with him. He followed George to the XCCR and he explained everything to Gerard that he also got relocated and he is picking up his business of what he did back in C45. After he told him the complete story, he asked Gerard if he wanted to join him again with trading contrabant items in the slums, Gerard agreed and everything went like in C45, but then with different people.

After a while they decided to get some firearms by mugging a Unit at the metro station. (( I would really want to retype this part buy it's already explained in question number 1 ))

Now he completely changed his path, he is ahonest citizen, trying to get as much as Loyalist Points as possible. He always scavenges the city for contrabant to get extra rations and buy stuff for his appartement, like toilet paper. He is currently trying to get the Loyalist Armband to show off to the other citizens. Every time he see's something anti-civil, even if it's something minor, his finger automatically presses the button on the request device. He reports almost every single anti-civil behaviour to the Combine Civil Authority and keeps them posted with all the updated.

He's now trying to enjoy his life, he has more rations then all the other citizens since he is very good withs scavenging.

OOC Details

Atleast five years in many different games, like World of Warcraft.

About two years in Garry's Mod and plus one year on World of Warcraft.

Since April 25 2011, so more then two months.

GMT+1 - Amsterdam

The Netherlands

6. How old are you?
I'm currently 17, and I am going to turn 18 at 16'th of march.

The first time I've joined HL2RP, I was very confused and it was funny how I started roleplaying on HL2RP.

That's not for me to decide, but I do think so.

IC Section

Full Name: Gerard Heineken
CID: 95010
Height: 6'1
Hair Colour Black
Weight: 89KG
Mental Distinctions:
Mental Defects:
Mental Advantages:
Notable Qualities: A very fast runner and a dominating person.

(Yes/No)

(Yes/No)

(Yes/No)

(Yes/No)

I, Gerad Heineken hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied Grammatical, spelling errors, and a few questions are not long enough.  Try again next cycle!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:11:26 PM by RTLK »

Offline Yimmy The Cat

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2011, 09:19:54 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:jimmygamer

IC Character Name:Nick Carson

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. My character wants to join the civial protection, to be able to serve his comunity. He wants to be able to help someone if they need it. To thrawt all Resitance. To mold the city, into a better place for people.
   He wants to continue to clean the city of its resitance, and cure its people's anitety of them. He wants to make an effort to distroy all contraband. To rid the city, of its wround-doings. And to clean, it peopel.
      He would like to help the CWU. To help them at all times. Put the CWU befor him, always. He would also like to save the CWU for resistance, by protecting them and constantly patroling their HQ and the Plaza.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Brave, Tough, Threfty

He belives it will be tough. It will be brutal. It will be full of things he hopes to not see. It will be full of things that No one, would ever want to see.
     He belives it will be rewarding. He belives it is the right thing to do. He Belives that It will Make his life better. He belive that it will make the city better.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words. Nick Carson, brother of Max Carson, was a computer programer befor the invasion. He was constantly attending events and comunity projects. He was also very ingaged in sports. he hunted. he fished. He camped almost ever month. He was alos part of a under-leage football team. When the invation started, he was imediatly sent to city eighteen, and began living there for two years. He beligves it is safer here, and would not want to go anywhere else.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? for about 2 years, when i started playing Gmod

2. How long have you played on serious servers? For about a year, after finding a HL2RP server (Almost identical to ours)

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? For about a month

4. What Time zone are you in?EST

5. In what country do you live? USA

6. How old are you? 14

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? When i had my first RPed fight

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?Yes

IC Section

Full Name:Nick Carson
CID:
Height: 6" 2'
Hair ColourBrown
Eye Colour:Green
Sexual Orientation:Women
Weight:200
Mental Distinctions:none
Mental Defects:none
Mental Advantages:none
Notable Qualities: Very good with computers

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? Yes, once for lotering, it was only a minor beating.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?  Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? So i can protect the city

I, _Nick Carson_________ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied.
Entire OOC section is much too short.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:21:15 PM by Burning Bullet »
What starts off as a joke soon becomes a gamemode.

I envy you :'(  Did you furiously pull your cock off until your penis shot pure childrens tears?

Offline Highvoltage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2011, 09:50:33 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:
- highvoltage56
IC Character Name:
- James Arther Johnson

James had been hiding for months before being found and thrown into a city. In the city he found a room in the union civil housing, it had a decent view, the plumbing sometimes works and the bed wasn’t completely full of bugs. After awhile James was able to scrounge up enough tokens to open a shop. For a short while, James felt good about where he was. But that wouldn’t last.

He’d been hearing about rebel activity in the city for awhile but he didn’t believe it. That is, until he found the bolts. James had been wandering through the city and stumbled on a box of bolts for a crossbow. What scared him most though, Is that they appeared to be intended for use. Immediately James was on his request device calling for help. A unit arrived faster than he expected. The apex unit shoved him against a cold brick wall to search him, but James didn’t care. He had helped for the greater good and at that moment, he knew what he must do.

He sat in his house thinking, not emerging until almost days later. Immediately James started walking, his destination: the Combine Civil Authority recruitment office. When he arrived he sat down, the clock on the wall matching his heartbeat as he waited in fear for the office door to open. When he was called in, he was sat down with an application and a black pen. With his hand shaking, James filled out the application as fast as he could, making sure to read back over his writing. His finished application was picked up and carried away, James was left to sit and wonder: Would he be accepted into the ranks of the CCA or would he be tossed to the street like garbage? Forgotten like so many before him. In the end, who will make the choice? And what will it be?

- loyal, inventive, Lawful.

For me, The CCA will be a great RP experience. I used to be a CCA officer in an old HL2rp server, but the server was dyeing and almost no players were active. I mostly hope to become a member of the GEAR division. I look forward to RP building objects and sometimes controlling a scanner. My favorite part of the CCA will most likely be the militaristic feel, and the pure depth of the role-play.

For my character, I think it will be an interesting trip if not a completely terrifying one. In his eyes he’s walking straight up to the biggest military force in the universe and asking to join it. He will be afraid, but happy that he is finally doing something with his life. James is a quiet individual so I think it will take some time before he starts mingling with his co-workers. All I know is I won’t be the only one looking forward to being a CCA officer.

He glanced away from the newspaper towards his night stand. Tired of reading the old newspapers, he sat and thought. The news had made it abundantly clear: Humanity had lost and “They” had won. He thought back to that faithful day. The day that the war took place. He had sat cowering in fear, but then again… what else could he have done? The world was dead and everyone knew it.

From that day on it was a constant battle for survival. He had heard what was happening, the killing, the slavery, and the “cities” popping up around the world. His only choice was to hide, so that is what he did. The house he lived in had been boarded up so that no light could escape and alert any onlookers. He scavenged for food during the night and set traps to catch any unwary animal that may pass by. Life was hard but he managed to scrape by just barely. After all, when the day was done he was still alive and that’s all that mattered… right?

Returning from his deep thought to reality, he stood up from his old cracked leather couch and walked towards his bed. Sitting down and flicking on the old flashlight he had saved, He picked up his journal. The light from the flashlight shined on the book and illuminated his face. The page he turned to was his project for an award: A biography.  A single tear rolled down his cheek as he read through his life.

The year was 1989, on that day I was born. My parents: Marissa and Calvin Johnson couldn't be any happier.  Their new baby boy was as healthy as could be. After all the commotion they finally settled on a name. My name would be James, James Arthur Johnson.  My childhood was normal. I had a stable household, adequate grades and even a few crushes here and there. One of my fondest memories is when I was about 10, my brother Don was playing a prank on his old friend Jaden.  The prank in question was to throw a spoiled egg into Jaden’s mailbox.  My task was to throw the egg into the mailbox, although upon throwing the egg into the mailbox Jaden’s dog started barking. Hearing the dog barking I ran as fast as I could. When I finally tired down, I laughed at the fact that I’d almost run a mile in my fear.  Not to mention that I had left my brother behind at Jaden’s house. Years later I finally became of age and started college around 2003. A few parties and pranks almost cost me my education, but I managed to get my doctorate in electronics around the year 2013.

The rest of the page had been torn away, but James new what had happened just three years after his degree. He knew all too well…

OOC Details

- About 2 years
- About a year
- About 3 months
- Pacific
- United states
6. How old are you?
- When me and a friend were on an Hl2 rp server as combine and we had to raid  suspected rebel housing, It was possibly some of the best shoot to miss roleplay that I have ever seen.
- Yes, absolutely.

IC Section

Full Name:
- James Arther Johnson
CID:
Height:
- 5" 11'
Hair Colour
- Dark Brown
Eye Colour:
- Hazel
Sexual Orientation:
- Straight
Weight:
- 170 lbs.
Mental Distinctions:
- None.
Mental Defects:
- None.
Mental Advantages:
- Quick learner
Notable Qualities:
- Doctorate in electronic engineering.

- No.
- Yes.
- Yes.
- Yes, I do.
-Yes.
- Recently, I turned in some level one contraband. As I was getting searched I realized: I could sit cowering with a request device, or I could be the one answering the request. I could be the one with a stunstick in one hand and a ticket in the other. I could be the man in shining armor. I could be the authority.

I, James Arther Johnson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Accepted for interview - I, as the OfC of GEAR, 913, personally accept this applicant for interview.   Please request OfC.913 to conduct your interview next you have the chance too.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 04:53:56 PM by Neo »

Offline Wingedillidan

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2011, 01:49:53 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Wingedillidan

IC Character Name: Zalor Malorax

During an abrupt outbreak of rebels on the upper floors of my apartment complex, Zalor Malorax's parents and siblings were killed by the rebellious scum. Now Zalor seeks out justice and revenge on those who had wronged him prior, and joining the ranks of the Combine Civil Authority will get him on the right path to a true law system and a hard-working job. As-well-as seeking out and detaining, in any way possible, rebellious scum. Though revenge is a powering factor, Zalor tries to suppress his feelings in order to become more accepted with the Combine.

In addition to being directly affected by the rebels and their murderous actions, Zalor is a citizen of the oppression and stands under the Combine Civil Authority with grace and respect. It would be most honorable if Zalor Malorax were to become a member of this dedicated group and he promises to put his efforts to the best and most efficient use of the CCA. He will also attempt to use his unique personal traits to the best of the CCA's aid, as he wants to put most, if not all, of his efforts towards dedication in any way to help the Combine. If his traits are not needed, he will not attempt to force them to interfere less in CCA operations.

Since growing up passed the traumatic events of Zalor's past, he has closely inspected the rigorous routines of the patrolling officers near his apartment complex; he eventually learned a lot about what the CCA are there for and there performances. He strongly agrees to all actions done by the Combine Civil Authority and would respond to any command and/or requests from his superiors with grace and 100% loyalty. He also hopes to help, in any way he can, to battle any rebellious citizens who are causing trouble with the CCA. But will still follow orders in the event he is prohibited from doing such actions.

• Kind - Zalor is kind to all who are non-rebellious to the CCA.
  • Loyal - Zalor would effectively take his own life if it were to fill an active command.
  • Vengeful - Though kind and loyal, Mr. Malorax falls victim to a stalled period of flashback whenever someone mutters a comment or name that relates to his tragic past. But once returned to his normal state, he can be very edgy.
  • Dedicated - This man is truly a hardworking citizen regardless of being enacted into the CCA or not.
  • Respectful - Zalor respects all of his peers, fellow citizens, and authorative counterparts alike, as long as they are loyal to the CCA themselves.

I expect the CCA to be collective team of awesome roleplayers who rarely abuse their positions and never break their roleplay stride. And I expect that said team is a carefully selected group of GMOD players who aren't annoying toddlers who just run around and troll the entire server for their leisurely activities. In addition, I foresee that the CCA will be similar to most other RP communities I have participated in, fun, filled with roleplays, non-abusive, and giving the citizens the same amount of fun in the form of RP. All while following server rules and those admins who have set, and/or enforce, those rules.

Zalor expect the Combine Civil Authority to be a collection of hard work and dedicated labor. Whether it be broken spirits and souls during training, or breaking spirits and souls of those who resist, the CCA will provide it all. Zalor also expects to be worked and demanded upon by his superior officers on a regular basis to keep his status and efficiency levels in check and to increase his hard work. All while trying to quench his lust for revenge on the rebel citizens and his goals for acceptance with the Combine oppression.

Zalor Malorax was born on August 30th, 1992 in Seattle, WA within a close family of 5, a loving sister, a mischievous, though still caring, brother, and 2 parents who loved and cared for their family, regardless of any obstacles that would oppose them. Zalor carried out a life of an average citizen of the US, who was close to his family at nearly all times. He carried on through college education in Chemical Engineering at the University of Seattle. His family and himself lived downtown for most of his life and enjoyed being together. He commuted back and forth between his house in the suburbs of the city and downtown onto campus. Unfortunately, in 2004, his studies were interrupted as the portals began to errupt and he was forced into secure shelter to await further instruction. For several months Zalor lived in what felt like captivity as he saw the world around him change for, what seemed to be, the worse; luckily his family remained with him through these troubled times and they all supported each other.

The Seven Hour War struck and Zalor's hideaway was exposed fairly quickly, he and his family were forced into City5 for relocation. The Malorax family continued their lives under the new oppression that faced them. Regardless of the dramatic change in everything, they were still happy and loving.

After being forced to transfer from City 5 at the age of 20 in 2012 with his family, for a reason that is still not known, Zalor finds himself in the midst of City 18 in hopes to resume his normal life as a citizen loyal to his new authority, the CCA. However, nearly 3 months later, a band of rebellious citizens gathered in the upper levels of Zalor's assigned apartment complex. Only to create an abrupt outbreak of violence and anger towards the Combine Civil Authority, during which the Malorax family was brutally murdered in an example of outrage towards the Combine. Fortunately, Zalor was safe as he was returning from his routine errand of delivering approved rations to his home. But to his dismay, Zalor returned and was shocked as he slowly opened the door into his corpse-filled and blood-stained apartment.

4 years later, Zalor is still found in City 18 and still seeks revenge on those who have dared perform such a horrific display of murderer on the innocent, let alone murderer of the only people he truely loved. He feels that joining the CCA would give him more power in detaining the rebellious threat in the city that once wronged him, and give him a place in society to show off his hard work, loyalty, and respect. However, his work may be interrupted by his past, as he desparately fights the remaining thoughts of his loved ones' bodies murdered across the floors and walls of his apartment. He believes that the issue would be resolved with his thoughts on a new job. He has been getting medical attention whenever the CCA permitted him the access, though he has asked very sparingly as to not interfere with the jobs and duties of his respectful authority figures.

Zalor Malorax now anxiously awaits results from his recently submitted application, hoping he was accepted. Until then, he carrys out his duties as a normal, loyal, citizen of City 18.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? At least 3-4 weeks in playtime, real play time, not just 3-4 weeks in life playing on a server and going out with friends and stuff... A good 504+ hours of GMOD RP playtime.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? At least 40% or more of those 3-4 weeks of RP server playtime.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 4 hours.

4. What Time zone are you in? Eastern.

5. In what country do you live? United States

6. How old are you? 18

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? The one true RP moment I had, was when I first really felt connected into an actual story within an actual world of Roleplay. Though this was before Catalyst has taken Orange Cosmos as a server. I was being placed in a real scenario as a medic in a hostage situation atop the radio tower in the city. Roleplaying in nearly 15-30 minutes of continuous hostage and fear RP actions, it was great. The mayor came in, got us out, and we were waved out; I believe the mayor paid the posted demands by the criminals; regardless, it felt pretty quality. Especially when everyone actually RP'd and had fun at the same time without being stupid trolls.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, many atimes have I been asked something to do and never had I asked, "Wha?" In response, but that can happen at times, I'm only human.

IC Section

Full Name: Zalor Malorax
CID: #70137
Height: 6' 2"
Hair Colour Black
Weight: 190lbs
Mental Distinctions: Quiet, relaxed, vengeful, positive, and sometimes critical.
Mental Defects: Whenever someone or something mutters word(s) in relation to his struggles of rebels taking his family, Zalor may momentarily freeze and/or flashback to the traumatic event. Thus rendering him possibly without response for varying times from a few seconds, to an hour.
Mental Advantages: Can process almost, if not all, outcomes of a specific scenario and can critically think/analyze in-depth thoughts and algorithms, whether it be relevant or not.
Notable Qualities: Very loyal to the CCA, willing to perform all acts of duty given to him by his superiors without any doubt. Also effective in critical analysis of most or any situations posed to him.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? I want to avenge my close family and detain those who resist against the CCA without fear of myself being framed for rebellion due to violent outbreaks. I need to fill my position in more than just an anonymous hard working and loyal citzien, rather a hard working figure who get's the job done, is loyal to the Combine, contribute to society, and avenge my last true connections to happiness.

I, Zalor Malorax hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Accepted for Interview A few issues I saw (mostly with small things) but good enough to be taken to interview.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:14:10 PM by RTLK »

Offline Shoebacca

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 09:56:59 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Shoebacca

IC Character Name: Jayson Jackson

Jayson was a part of Children Service's and worked most of the time with children, but also with a lot of parents too. Daily, he would see children that were abused, hurt, raped, and so on by their parents, strangers, or bullies from the school. Sometimes it was the parents getting the hurt from the child, but nevertheless he had to put up with it. He almost felt like he should be doing more. He would then soon find out... After the Seven Hour War

After the Seven Hour War, Jayson was transported to a camp, where all families were being separated before his eyes, but alas, there was nothing he could do. But, as this was happening, a large group of rebels came, are started opening fire at everyone. It didn't matter if they were man, woman, child or combine, they sprayed all those bullets with no sign of mercy. He ducked for cover, as combines were determined to kill the rebels, they were destroy his cover he had found, and as he got up, he was shot twice in the arm.

Many hours later, he had found himself in a hospital bed, and his shoulder bandaged up. He looked up and saw an armband on the Combine, and saw it read: "City 18" on it. He knew he was in the aid of the combine, and ever since that raid by those rebellious scumbags, he would sign up to become part of the CCA. He promised he will take care of all Rebels and Resistance with-in the cities, and keep all citizens safe and peaceful.

-Loyal
-Honest
-Menacing

From what Jayson knows about, CCA are one hell of a tough, well-kept Combines. He knows that they will stop at nothing, so that all Citizens are kept at peace. Jayson knows that he will need to be dedicated and loyal to the CCA, so he needs to keep his head up, and learn to be one with the Combines.

When Jayson was at the camp, he always heard light talk about how the Combines are bad people, and their torturous beings not from this planet. Jayson had thought this was true, until the Rebels attacked the camp. The second that happened, he knew that they were protecting us from them, not about to throw us into a pit of fire. He even saw some of them telling the people to find cover. 

Jayson was born on July 12, 1990. His mother, once had given birth to him, died from what the doctors called a "Maternal death". Jayson's  father could not take this lightly and began thrashing about the room, screaming "Why God!" . He was an atheist. The doctor pulled Jayson out of the room, and since Jayson's father was in such a mental state where he could only repeat those 2 words, he was put in a mental institute for 8 months. Even the doctors said that this was no mental breakdown. During that time, the doctor gave the liberty of naming him "Jayson".

Ever since that, they put Jayson in an orphanage until his father came out, but for some reason, his father never came to pick him up. So he spent 13 years in an orphanage. Everyone of the kids there would fight constantly, so one day, Jayson thought he would see what made these children fight. After every fight, Jayson would ask every child why they would fight, what they got out of it, and so on and so forth. Once Jayson interviewed all the kids, they finally came to a resolution to the point where there was not a fight at all for 2 months, until most of them were adopted and new children came and it just started all over again.

Not 1 person would come pick him up, because he was so silent during this. Jayson constantly saw children come and go. Jayson would always ponder to himself, "When will I be one of those kids where I'll have a nice home, instead of this crummy old place..." . Then, one day, 2 very rich, nicely dressed couples came and saw him. Jayson knew that this day was the day he would finally leave, and live a normal life. Boy, was he wrong.

Once they had adopted Jayson, they took him to there nice mansion, gave him nice clothing, shoes and whatnot. They enrolled him in a private school, and from that day on, he thought this was a normal life. Apparently not. They forced him to study day and night, no T.V., no hanging out with friends, and even if he gave the phone number to his friends and such, his parents would always be the first to answer and if they asked if Jayson was home, his parents would say "Wrong number".

Once Jayson finally hit the age of 19, he got a apprenticeship to the CSC (Child Services Care) and was earning enough money to get away from his parents. 2 years past, and he was getting no promotion, and he was growing tired of all this abuse that these children and parents were getting. So Jayson was about to complain to the CEO of CSC when the word of The Seven Hour War hit. Thus, leading up to the events of the combine camp, the rebels attacking to camp, being shot in the shoulder, and City 18. 

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Around a year.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 1 month.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 1-2 months.

4. What Time zone are you in? EST (Eastern Standard Time)

5. In what country do you live? Canada

6. How old are you? 18

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Oh my. Just today, (June 27) in OCRP, the mayor put out "Operation: Oppression" which meant we were going to be relocated into the apartments, and no one was to be outside. So, we all decided to take a stand, and to revolutionize the place. I lead the stand and resisted when they were attempting to relocate us, and when they started to handcuff, and beat us, we got angry, and fired back, once all the Police forces were down, we raided the mayor, screaming VIVA LA POLICE! (Which apparently means LIVE THE POLICE! But who cares, it was our slogan) and we all has the time of our lives.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?Yes. The second I hear my name, I'm listening.

IC Section

Full Name: Jayson Chao Jackson
CID: # 81237
Height: 5'9
Hair Colour Black
Weight: 107
Mental Distinctions:N/A
Mental Defects: Childhood Depression
Mental Advantages: Good at Reverse Physiology
Notable Qualities: Experienced with talking to people.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes. When every I can get my hands on some.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? If it means keeping Rebels and Resistance out and keeping the peace between the citizens in? Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes.

I wish to join the CCA to keep the peace between these hardworking citizens and work hard to do so.

I, Jayson Chao Hoyle hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied Grammatical errors, and backstory does not cover anything during or past the seven hour war.  Try again next cycle.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:16:40 PM by RTLK »
Nuoh my God

Offline Loboto-Bear

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011, 07:41:57 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: RavenXYT

IC Character Name: Andrew L. Roberts

Andrew Roberts lived a luxurious life all the way from birth to age ten. He harmed no one, he respected everyone. He was never told what to do, he just did what he did. At the age of ten, his mother died in a local store robbery. Devastated, he tried to find a way to cope with this event. He became interested in revenge, though he knew he could never get it.
   Since his father was never around, he got into much trouble with the police. After years of incriminating things, Andrew was 17. He decided to change his ways for the better of the people. Robert forgot about his past, his father and his mother. He looked only towards the future, a improved society he contributed to. Little did he know that is vision was about to be made seemingly horrible reality.
   Andrew was nineteen at the first threat of the unknown. During the rise of the still unknown, Andrew applied for placement in a Police Academy. All other form of authority was neutralized, thus leaving Andrew to try to join his horribly realized dream. Time passed it is now 2016, and Andrew is more than ready to improve the Human society and race,in general.

-Honorable
-Set minded
-Commen sense
-Thinks he knows whats best.

OOC:            
   To be honest I've never been in any C.C.A, I am truly looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be a more enjoyable experience than I can imagine. And maybe I can finally have a useful role in the server. I expect there to be a lot of problems that I have to deal with, sounds fun to me. I expect some challenges from higher ranks, or maybe just pressure. I'm only doing this because I like a challenge, and I hope the will provide.
IC:
    My character expects to be able to help general society, and promote civil action. He wants a challenge that is not easily overcome. For he feels he needs to tame man of there beastly side (Mother being killed in robbery). He also feels he needs to make up for his crimes, by helping others not commit them.

Andrew was born in 1986, His life from birth to simply age ten was plush, and delicate. He never had a worry, he never harmed a thing. He did as he did, no one told what was right nor wrong. His father owned a couch dealership in <INSERT CLASSIFIED INFORMATION HERE>, and was always busy with business. When his mother was killed in a local store robbery by a gang, this made him have all then time in the world. Thus as in an corrupted family,the son committed crimes.

Andrew at the age of 16, committed a act of robbery. He was horribly disgusted with him self, for that was how his mother died. After a year in a local prison, Andrew decided to change his ways. Hey paid for all damages and fines, and even donated his fortune to the local government. He had A new mind set, improve the human society.

A year later, Andrew had given most of his time to society. He had not committed one questionable act of crime. In fact, he had prevented most crime in his area by helping the police force spot criminal hideouts. This all soon came to a end when the unknown appeared. During this immediate takeover, Andrew was finally signing up for a placement in a local Police Academy. To bad the unknown neutralized all other force of threatening authority. Andrew did no take this takeover lightly, for he thought they had only bad intentions. The Unknown took every civilian in his area to a new city. Andrew was aboard a train, and he heard a voice that sounded of secretly evil intentions. Although he
was suspicious, he passed this as nothing more than a wrong judgement.
    Since Andrew was 19, he was moved to City 32. There he lived for eleven years under the oppression of the unknown. During his time there he earned respect for them. The more he learned about their goals, the more excited he became. He soon realized he wanted to join them. No question.

Before applying in City 32, he was moved to City 18. Andrew is now fully realized and ready to aid Humanity in good civil actions. He is now awaiting orders for signing up.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? For at least two years now, might have been longer.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Roughly 4-5 months. More or less.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? For about a month.

4. What Time zone are you in? Central Standerd Time.

5. In what country do you live? United States of America.

6. How old are you? 16

Back a about a month ago, and was on a Serious HL2RP server as well. I was a small, UN-important passive character. Some guy asked me to join a rebel group (I forget all the /w and /mes' going on). A day passed, developed my char, next thing I knew I had a radio. I was having the time of my life playing like 'Roger that' and 'Over'. Things didn't go down hill from there either, I found a weapon. Got some ammo and my Char was suddenly a bad-ass. After all this crazy recruiting shit, I got in a massive firefight with Over-watch. Sadly I only killed one, as I was playing shoot to miss (It is pretty fun). I got PK'd and thanked the people for a awesome role playing experience.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? I'm not going to make myself look good, so no. But I can be :D

IC Section

Full Name: Andrew L. Roberts
CID: #98037
Height: 6'1
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Light Blue
Weight: 169lbs.
Mental Distinctions: Abillity to keep focus on whatever task he is assgined to.
Mental Defects: Numbers confuse him.
Mental Advantages: Set minded, Not easily distracted
Notable Qualities: Keeps himself in top condition, always ready for something.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? I would never do dishonorable things toward civil society!

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes of course, I do not want to insult the providers by not eating.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? To benifet us all? Of course!

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes, I do.

Yes, I will.

I beleive I can help with the C.C.A's goals,for I support its reasons, and i consider myself of some practical use.

I, Andrew L. Roberts hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

EDIT: Damn, I forgot the name signing S:

Denied Grammatical errors, along with major issues with backstory.  Try again next time!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:17:56 PM by RTLK »

Offline linus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 01:13:53 PM »

OOC Section

OOC Name:linus

IC Character Name:Evan Etterex

in a fight of a group and CP Evan Etterex's brother was killed by the rebels and Evan sworn that he would revenge the rebels of what they did.

Evan has always looked up to the CP due that his father was one high rank and when he died Evan would walk in his footsteps when he turned 28.

The day Evan and his family got set into city 13 he met three bullies when they were gonna hit him a CP came up and rescued Evan from them and has looked up to them his life.

Evan is a trustworthy man.

Hes lawful and wont break the law.

The first days will be though but he will do his best to get through the days.

It will be stressfull as chasing an rebel or civilian but he wont stop untill he catched them

IC Section

Full Name: Evan Etterex
CID: #63976
Height:4 Foot 2 Inches
Hair ColourBlack
Eye Colour:Blue
Sexual Orientation:Straight
Weight:98 kilometers
Mental Distinctions:N/A
Mental Defects:N/A
Mental Advantages:N/A
Notable Qualities:Experience of guns

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

To revenge the rebels and follows his father footsteps

Denied Pretty obvious why.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:18:21 PM by RTLK »

Offline ThatAnonNoo8

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2011, 01:18:29 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: ThatAnonNoo8

IC Character Name: Thomas Anderson

Since Thomas Anderson was a little boy, he dreamed of a society. A society perfect and with no crime or any fighting, but his dream, he thought would never come true. In Kindergarten, Thomas was a troubled and lost soul. He was fighting and hitting kids with rulers, throughout his whole school career, he was expelled from six schools, and two entire school districts.

By the time he was fourteen, he dropped out of middle school and started to work at Wendy's. He was living in a rundown apartment and was a pure alcoholic, his girlfriends were all skanks and crackwhores that were too helpless to resist the beatings he gave out. By the time he was sixteen, six of his ex-girlfriends were missing, and Tom murdered one and was convicted of first degree murder.

He was sentenced to life in prison, he was in jail for three years before the unknown invaded Earth. Within those seven hours, he escaped and was captured by the Combine. He was shipped to City 17 at first, then to City 8, and finally he was shipped permanently to City 18. Since he was shipped to City 18 he realized that the society he dreamed of, was right in front of him the whole time. He was glad to be in City 18, and he wishes to help keep the city and society safe and secure.

1. Cold-blooded
2. Vicious

I expect the CCA to be a great experience for myself, and my character. He's already beaten enough people and has the guts to do it again. So this should be a reuniting experience for him and his past self. Tom likes the way the CCA does things. I personally am expecting a nice experience, I've never roleplayed a serious police officer before. So this should be an awesome experience for myself and my character.

Tom Anderson was a troubled person. He was a bully in his school days and failed every year. He barely made it through middle school. During his High School years he became a drug addict, guzzling down beer bottles and smoking blunts like there was no tomorrow.

He also formed a gang. They were basically a group of guys who wanted to get drunk and shoot people. However, Tom only took place in one robbery, that was at a liquor store. Tom accidentally shot a woman in the neck and he ran away without taking any money. He later found out that the woman he shot was the mother of a child. He decided to crank up the drugs to ease the pain.

He then turned his anger on his girlfriends, killing seven of them, he hid six of their bodies successfully. However, one of his neighbors heard a gunshot and called the Police when he was killing his seventh girlfriend. Since then he had a large disrespect for authority, until he was transferred to City 18, he realized the dream he had long ago. Came true.

OOC Details

I've been playing roleplay for a while now, about an year almost.

I've played in serious servers for about six months.

I've played with Catalyst Gaming for about a week.

Central/Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)

United States of America

6. How old are you?

When I went into an RP server and I didn't get shot at within the first twenty seconds! Just kidding, it was when I joined PBG's Army Roleplay server. It felt like the real military, all of the roleplay was good and the players who did RP were great at it. It all blended in so smoothly.

Yes. I would consider myself a good listener.

IC Section

Full Name: Thomas Anderson
CID: #49336
Height: 6'1"
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Weight: 122 lbs
Mental Distinctions:
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: Sharper Instinct, Stronger Senses than most, Can think fast and perform actions without remorse.
Notable Qualities: Cold-blooded, Vicious

I have been detained for one offense and that was having a radio. A CWU person ratted me out. I was talking to my friend via radio because we liked to talk.

Yes. I always do. The water is cold and fresh.

Yes, I am willing to risk and give my life to the Universal Union, and its cause.

Yes, if a unit fails to perform. It is the Commander's fault.

I will remain loyal and faithful to the UU as long as I live.

To protect and serve society, the one I've dreamed of since I was a little boy.

I, Thomas Anderson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied Grammatical, spelling errors, and a few questions are not long enough.  Try again next cycle!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:19:19 PM by RTLK »

Characters

Terrance McCalister
Nigerian | 28 | 5'10" | 132 lbs | Multiple Tribal tattoos on his neck | AK-47 tatoo on his arm

Dillon Haggerty
Irish | 26 | 5'11"| 143 lbs | Has tattoo of a shamrock with crossed M16s behind it

Offline Danger of Death

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2011, 12:38:25 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Danger of Death

IC Character Name: Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson wants to join the Combine Civil Authority for a few reasons. The main reason he wants to join is because he wants to exact a small revenge on those around him who complain about the poor living conditions. He is angry at them because as a young child, he was beaten and abused by his parents. He feels that citizens have no reason to complain and it’s his duty to show them what true pain is like.

Mark also want to feel like he is part of something significant. Throughout his life, he had nothing, both before and during the occupation. He was shunned by citizens and had no family, long-term friends, or anyone to really talk to. If he were to be accepted, it would be an easy transition, as he has nothing to leave behind.

Despite being emotionless towards others around him, Mark is still curious to how things operate from the inside. He wants to see things from the Combine’s point of view. He wants to learn why the Combine treat people like this. He is also interested in hearing the opinions of Civil Authority officers regarding the citizens.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Lawful, Loyal, Self-Sufficient.

For myself, I am expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be exciting as it would be completely new point of view for me. Previously, I would have been always role-playing a character that goes through the same routine all the time, is bossed around, and is meaningless to others. I’m hoping that being a Civil Authority would not only increase my role-playing skills, but I feel my hardened and emotionless character, Mark Wilson, would fit in well with the Half Life 2 Universe as a Civil Authority officer.

Speaking through Mark Wilson, he expects the Combine Civil Authority to be a refreshing experience. As stated previously that his reasons of joining are to get revenge and cause pain, he would expect this to be a fitting job for him. He knows that the Civil Authority involves a lot of patience and there is a lot to learn about how things are done. He is hoping that if he does well enough, he may be able to increase his rank and importance to others.

Mark Wilson was born on July 14th, 1983. He lived in a suburban neighborhood filled with drugs, violence, and crime. His parents were avid drug users and he saw firsthand what those drugs did. He was beaten often by his parents and was malnourished. At the age of 9, he finally had enough of this treatment and fled from his home. Although Mark had nowhere to go or any idea of what the world was like, he knew nothing could be as bad as his home. Being a homeless child, he had nothing. A few days after he ran away, a police officer found Mark sleeping on a park bench and took him in. Because his parents never bothered to look for him or inform anyone of his disappearance, the police knew nothing about his past and placed him in an orphanage. At the orphanage, he was sent to a local elementary school and was placed in the third grade class. At school, Mark finally was able to speak to children his own age and make friends with a few. Because he had never received the most basic of education, Mark struggled to keep up with his friends and others in his class. Despite his best efforts to learn the material, Mark was held back a year while his friends went ahead.
   After being held back two more years, he was finally allowed to move onto the fourth grade at age 12. Being the largest and oldest pupil in the grade, the other students were afraid to approach him. Mark felt isolated and alone from everyone else. He didn’t know why others were scared of him, or why he even went to school. It was at this point he decided to work hard and vowed to graduate from high school. For the rest of grade school, middle school, and high school, Mark was never again held back and scrapped by with C’s and the occasional B. Finally, on June 6th, 2003, Mark graduated from high school at the age of 20. He didn’t plan on continuing his education after this, and set off with no idea what to do. He worked at odd jobs here and there, and earned enough money to eat. Mark continued with this until the fateful day when the world changed forever.
Mark was working at a carwash when the Portal Storms suddenly erupted around the world. Marked stopped his work and watched as a blue wave from a Super Portal approached him. As it came closer, he saw buildings shaking and falling apart as the wave passed over them. Mark knew something was wrong and he turned and ran. He only got a few yards before the wave reached him and he was knocked to the ground. After a few minutes of being knocked out on the ground, he regained consciousness and crawled over to a nearby building as the sound of gunfire came from nearby. From a window, he saw giant tripod like creatures firing into windows and doorways while bodies were sprawled all over the street, some still stirring feebly. He quickly backed away from the window and searched for the basement stairs as one of the giant tripods turned towards his building. He found the door, opened it, and dived down the stairs as the building above him came apart. Mark hid behind a washing machine while the screams of the dying and the sounds of guns came from overhead. What seemed like days passed before Mark ventured up the stairs to the surface. He was greeted by the rubble of the building strewn around him and thus began his new life as a citizen of the Universal Union.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? About May 2010.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? A few weeks.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Since April 27, 2011.

4. What Time zone are you in? Central time.

5. In what country do you live? United States.

6. How old are you? 16.

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? My most memorable quality RP experience happened during the period after Orange Cosmos shut down and before Catalyst-Gaming acquired it. I was taken hostage during a raid on the Mayor. Instead of it being the usual routine of the police breaking down the door, wildly shooting into the building and the Mayor dying in the crossfire, they actually attempted to negotiate with the raiders. After a period of about 20 minutes, the police reached an agreement with the raiders and secured the release of all the hostages and the Mayor. It was very well RP’d by both the police and the raiders.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes.

IC Section

Full Name:  Mark Wilson
CID: 33485
Height: 5 feet 11 inches
Hair Colour Black
Weight: 112 lbs.
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: None
Notable Qualities: Does not complain much.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? I want to join the Combine Civil Authority because I want to punish others say they have a hard life and I want to make them feel the pain I felt. I want them to feel scared and isolated and make sure they never do it again.

I, _Mark Wilson_ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/size]

Accepted for Interview
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:25:32 PM by RTLK »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal