Author Topic: Admin applicatons  (Read 4005 times)

Offline Baylife

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Admin applicatons
« on: August 26, 2011, 01:58:21 PM »
My goal is to be admin some day and make the players like me anyway also then where is the admin applications how would someone be admin then?

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Admin applicatons
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »
We no longer do admin apps. If you want to become an admin, you will have to prove yourself to us.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:04:39 PM by JiggerFrizz »
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 02:01:39 PM »
How will you be able to wait for your app to be accepted or denied if you can't even wait for apps to open? Apps will open when admins are needed.

By the way, last I checked, you needed to be 14+ to be admin, and I thought you were only 12 or 13?
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline Baylife

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 02:21:46 PM »
How will you be able to wait for your app to be accepted or denied if you can't even wait for apps to open? Apps will open when admins are needed.

By the way, last I checked, you needed to be 14+ to be admin, and I thought you were only 12 or 13?

AH SHIT FORGOT THAT :/

But i dont know i dont think the older SHOULD[b/] deny my app because if you just have experience as admin.

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 02:31:49 PM »

But i dont know i dont think the older SHOULD[b/] deny my app because if you just have experience as admin.

Well, according to what Jigger just said, there are no more apps. Nikolai was younger and he proved himself to get admin. He put a lot of work into the servers and helped anyway he could. Maybe if you show you can be very involved...   but I doubt it
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline Kitten on Crack

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 02:37:23 PM »
Mainly the age limit is for maturity reasons...
Characters:
UCA.C45.UNIFORM-DvL.747
UCA.C18-GRID-SCN.260
Adam Wright
Kristy Wright

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 02:54:02 PM »
Since usually 10 year olds don't pick the best option when it comes to administration.
The best age, from experience, is about 16+ as you are much more mature and more intelligent. Annoying that the apps are down, but at least this way they can pick the best out of the best to be admins. I myself hope to prove my past experience has given me the ability to administrate and show the admins what I can do.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 03:08:56 PM »
I highly doubt administration apps will ever open again.

The apps was needed when CG got OCRP. They needed a lot of admins but then when they got enough admins, they closed them.

Like Jigger said. Admins are now picked by the staff and you will have to prove that you have the abilities to administrate and control a server.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Dordan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 05:16:32 PM »

Well, according to what Jigger just said, there are no more apps. Nikolai was younger and he proved himself to get admin. He put a lot of work into the servers and helped anyway he could. Maybe if you show you can be very involved...   but I doubt it

I wouldn't quite say Nikolai was a great admin if you ask me. If you are curious why I think that just PM me.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 07:39:34 PM »
Protip: Don't make it a GOAL to become an administrator. It won't get you anywhere. Actually, you will only make it worse for yourself.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal