Author Topic: A suggestion and solution.  (Read 12746 times)

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A suggestion and solution.
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 11:07:32 PM »
2. Get rid of a server, Maybe that HalcoCE because it always says 0/16. Or Minecraft, it always says 0/20.

I'm annoyed at people saying this. It's almost like you guys think we're paying for each server. We can run 20 servers on the same box and pay no more and suffer no consequences. If it matters to you guys that much, I'll take them off the status bar but there's no reason to get rid of them.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 02:24:18 AM »
How about Underdone gamemode?

It's RPG gamemode, third person where you have levels, inventory, monsters to fight, you gain experience, crafting and similar. It's really fun, a bit like Hack'n'Slash in third person view mode. It's also very easily customizable.

Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WEZh-MkS9A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zsIv4_YXvQ
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 03:06:44 AM »
Wonderful, the only person to suggest the one gamemode I have actually been working one for a while.....

Offline ghostface killah

• Anime King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 07:05:04 AM »
Severance probably won't get selected, but the gamemode is quite good.
It's not like outlands where you run around and collecting guns. It's pretty fun,
you have waves of zombies and you have to survive. And it has this corporation of survivors, like the combine basically but they aren't hard asses That's much more fun then anything we have at the moment.

tl;dr good open aura gamemode, fun, shoot zombies

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 07:50:31 AM »
Oh yes underdone. Very funny gamemode, but once you reach level 80. BOOORRIINNNG.
The only reason why you want to level up after level 80 is because you are an elitist and want to brag about how good you are, being a higher level then other people.

I can remember where I made a custom chain-quest with very good gear for level 100 a long time ago when King was working on it on OC.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »
i remember using baconbot to aimbot the NPCs in underdone while sleeping and gaining like 40 levels
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 03:28:30 PM »
1. What is the 'v' flag?

2. Get rid of a server, Maybe that HalcoCE because it always says 0/16. Or Minecraft, it always says 0/20.

3. After you get rid of a server (or more), get a new one.

I think you should open up a DarkRP server to attract a lot of people, and then those people will want to play on serious servers (Teach them also), thus making the player base larger. I play on DarkRP time to time when I just want to go burn off some steam, so you would see me on there.

1. HL2RP flag that allows you to buy contraband stuff

2. we can get 100 servers and it wouldnt make a diffrence from if we had 1

3. read 2, and no darkrp please it will kill the community

----------

Personally i'd like to see spacebuild or GMR, or that Jogzi suggested, i dont remember it by the name but i do remember a zombie survival kinda gamemode like he mentioned.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »
My final answers are spacebuild (with a stable server) and Stranded.

Easy to manage, and 0% chance of major drama/bitching.

And they are quite fun, IMO it is a win/win.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
I REALLY DO NOT WANT MINECRAFT GONE! PLEASE! Me and my Best friend play most afternoons (GMT) and my two other firends will be joining (hopefully) this weekend!
Don't worry, that server will never be gone as it's not a Catalyst Gaming server. It's been running since 2009 and that's not likely to change.

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 04:41:56 PM »
I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned TTD, which was introduced last summer - I hope TOMASAS will try to devolp it further - I remember the first public test of it - It was really great, probably one of the best moments I've experienced in CG's history  :-*

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 01:27:59 AM »
Oh yes underdone. Very funny gamemode, but once you reach level 80. BOOORRIINNNG.
The only reason why you want to level up after level 80 is because you are an elitist and want to brag about how good you are, being a higher level then other people.

I can remember where I made a custom chain-quest with very good gear for level 100 a long time ago when King was working on it on OC.

I've made quest support, monsters, and items that will keep you playing to at least level 2000.

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2012, 02:57:26 AM »

I've made quest support, monsters, and items that will keep you playing to at least level 2000.
I played UnderDone once, probably on a glitched server. Seemed fun and new, but I think it gets really really boring after a while.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2012, 03:42:10 PM »
I honestly can't remember the last time I played stranded, are any servers still up for it? Because I haven't seen any.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure that every Stranded server is dead. Anyway, I looked at the Phase 4 gametype. It looks like its a lot of fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal