Author Topic: A suggestion and solution.  (Read 12749 times)

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A suggestion and solution.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 01:53:13 PM »
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 03:57:58 PM »
Stranded was probably my favorite gamemode after i was tired of trying to deal with 9 year olds on Dark RP and actually looked for other less generic game types serveral years ago. I dont even see any survival servers that are thriving anymore. If you got this going, i'm sure it would work great.

Offline OhDeaR

• Touch my goat balls teehee
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »
What no Spacebuild?
This :c

spacebuild is epic, but it requires a very stable server because it can easily lag the fuck out of the database

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 04:07:21 PM »
It has nothing to do with the database, it has everything to do with the models high poly count, and with who knows how many of these moving at once, a mediocre server cannot handle it.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 04:22:12 PM »
We could probably do a spacebuild server, but it's up to you guys to play on it.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »
We could probably do a spacebuild server, but it's up to you guys to play on it.
I would spend at least 5 hours minimum a week on it. More depending on how outlands is from day to day.

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 06:15:28 PM »
Can someone explain what SSTRP is?

Offline Doxy

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 07:41:25 PM »
Can someone explain what SSTRP is?

It's Star Ship Troopers Role Play, based off of the movies. I've played several servers with it on before, It's pretty fun.

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 08:01:07 PM »
I don't think waffle would launch an SSTRP server due to pretty much of them being attacked constantly.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 08:20:09 PM »
attacks have never been and never will be a issue, I just don't want more RP drama
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »
I really love to see GMR back.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 08:36:01 PM »
I really love to see GMR back.
The problem with GMR is the fact that once you are fully upgraded it gets pretty boring. I would love to see Stranded. I never really got into Spacebuild, but I guess I would be able to try it again.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 09:01:45 PM »
Before I say much more, you guys might be interested in this:
We have some servers that aren't advertised on the status bar because they're just not used. For example, SandBox:
0/12
64.31.14.196:27017
gm_construct
Connect!

And, I guess, I'll put some work into setting up a spacebuild server, as I like those and haven't played on a decent one for years.

Regards to other suggestions, you can drop roleplay servers, we aren't doing them. Other fun gamemodes we may consider, that's not for me to decide.

Offline Col. Avalanche

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 10:09:16 PM »
So theoretically, going along with the original post, CG's problems will be resolved when the owners set up a Dark-RP server for the Serious RPers. At that point, children will stop using their mothers' credit cards to donate, thus resulting in less "v" flag abuse.

Yes...

Yes!!!

If you want an actual solution, you should focus on the playerbase, rather than what you offer it. If people are abusing their "v" flags; make sure they stop.

Starting new servers won't, unfortunately, call for more serious servers. In fact; it wouldn't change anything, except for the amount of players going around. You don't need numerous servers to get strong roleplayers; anyone is able to roleplay well, as long as they have been taught how to. So instead of complaining, find a new player, and teach him to be as pro as you are.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 10:20:14 PM »
1. What is the 'v' flag?

2. Get rid of a server, Maybe that HalcoCE because it always says 0/16. Or Minecraft, it always says 0/20.

3. After you get rid of a server (or more), get a new one.

I think you should open up a DarkRP server to attract a lot of people, and then those people will want to play on serious servers (Teach them also), thus making the player base larger. I play on DarkRP time to time when I just want to go burn off some steam, so you would see me on there.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal