Author Topic: Smoking pot nearly doubles the risk of crashes  (Read 12420 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Smoking pot nearly doubles the risk of crashes
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
Anyway, even if the cannabis itself isn't harmful, the chemicals they are sprayed with are. Seriously, (it's 8:00 AM right now, I can't remember) but it's used to preserve dead people.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 02:44:19 PM »
I think cannabis is a great tool to use tax on it prescribed or not. It would at least now make the drug dealers slightly powerless and maybe if we legalize them all (except for drugs that can kill you in one serving) the drugs lord will not exist and the war on drugs could cease?
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 11:13:56 PM »
It can be used for a lot of great materials like beach towels and even ingredients for food and tea... It doesn't do anything harmless like make you autistic. It's been known for it's bad influence though, Prohibition doesn't even fucking work especially with alcohol in the 1920's.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »
Weed is overrated. Technically, its nothing more then Cigaretts and Alcohol combined. Yes. It should be made so those under legal drinking age cannot use or purchase it. It should also have the same laws as Alcohol as it has similar effects. Texting and driving is 11 times worse then smoking weed and driving yet people text and drive more then they rip and drive.

Honestly, I don't smoke it for the same reason I don't drink. I'd rather blow my money on a Gas Blow Back G39 Airsoft Rifle then a 6 of keiths or 2Gs. Some day the governments will realize there's not much difference between weed then Alcohol in regards to effects and laws to control it.

TL;DR
Weed is overrated. It's similar to alcohol in regards to negative effects on you and can EASILY be controlled by alcohol laws.

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 11:57:49 AM »
If you're black, got a gun, got heaps of cash or don't have any, live in the ghetto, live with your mother, got a brother named "Deondre", have cornrows. Then you a gangsta, if you're none of that then your a fucking white nerdy faggot looking for attention by acting black.

Stay in school mother fuckers.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:59:37 AM by SkeptiK »
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 06:02:25 PM »
If you're black, got a gun, got heaps of cash or don't have any, live in the ghetto, live with your mother, got a brother named "Deondre", have cornrows. Then you a gangsta, if you're none of that then your a fucking white nerdy faggot looking for attention by acting black.

Stay in school mother fuckers.

Spoiler for Hiden:
yeye motha fucka aight nigga cash money dog ayeeeeeeee so high like a kiiiiiiiiiiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee motha fucka ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
aaaaaaaawwwweeeeeeeeeeeeee yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dawg das what i talkin about marthin luther king shit nigga ayeeeeeeeeeee

Okay OP, here is my opinion: this is kind of stupid. No shit you're going to crash if you just smoked a joint, I haven't smoked anything, but it's obvious from what you are told it does.

Any drug that is not exactly pharmaceutical-whatever is bound to make your choice making or wheel-handling bad. :/

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 06:19:53 AM »
Anything that alters the way you think will likely increase your chances. Weed makes it incredibly difficult to concentrate which is obviously something you need to do while driving.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 02:53:24 PM »
It's funny how people start firing down on weed because it has recreational uses.

Weed is harmless, however like all drugs, they may do damage, but there is no solid proof of it doing harmful damage.

Like anything that is recreational, it's absolutely stupid to do drugs / drink (over the limit) alcohol before operating machinery such as vehicles.
But the thing is, if we take a step back, and look at the bigger picture, that's not the reason to make weed illegal, if it were, you might as well ban things such as alcohol entirely.

Weed has proven to be far better at many things. Medical use being one of them.
Weed can be used to make oils, clothing, insulation material and more, for a very, very low price. However it's been banned for the main reason of "Being dangerous", even though in reality it is banned because the government can't tax it, and companies would be easily undercut due to the abundance of weed, therefore being cheap.

Don't just assume that because the government made something illegal is because "It's a dangerous drug", to me, that's a load of crap.
Clearly racist.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 03:20:34 PM »
It's funny how people start firing down on weed because it has recreational uses.

Weed is harmless, however like all drugs, they may do damage, but there is no solid proof of it doing harmful damage.

Like anything that is recreational, it's absolutely stupid to do drugs / drink (over the limit) alcohol before operating machinery such as vehicles.
But the thing is, if we take a step back, and look at the bigger picture, that's not the reason to make weed illegal, if it were, you might as well ban things such as alcohol entirely.

Weed has proven to be far better at many things. Medical use being one of them.
Weed can be used to make oils, clothing, insulation material and more, for a very, very low price. However it's been banned for the main reason of "Being dangerous", even though in reality it is banned because the government can't tax it, and companies would be easily undercut due to the abundance of weed, therefore being cheap.

Don't just assume that because the government made something illegal is because "It's a dangerous drug", to me, that's a load of crap.
Mmm I agree, but why not just tax it for recreational use just like any other kind of drug instead of use for medical or clothing uses, if it was used for that, then just add it for buisness tax, depending on which state you live anyway.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 06:46:45 PM »
1 big reason why it can't be taxed.

Weed destroys companies, seeing as companies can't make money from hemp based; Oil, clothing, medical, and so forth.
If weed was legalised, it would harm companies, and if the companies profits suffer a massive downfall due to it, then the government cannot be able to make as much money from taxing. Which leads to the second point.

The thing is, if weed was allowed to be used to make a variety of things and you had weed farms, you can't make a profit from it. Simply because weed can be made into abundance, which is an opposite of scarcity.
Oh by the way, seeing as the reason why weed is expensive, it is simply because it is illegal to grow and sell weed, therefore growing large patches would be very difficult, and also drug dealers need the money, seeing as it's hard to sell it in the first place.

Now, I can't seem to find proof whether weed is easier to grow and if weed grows more than what tobacco does, but that'll be left to the expert growers to answer that. Maybe I'll ask my friends for the sake of knowing.

I had a picture that does describe most of the reasons well.

Click to see the original size.

I hope that post satisfies most of the answers why it's illegal.
Clearly racist.

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 08:31:09 PM »
@Renegade Plants are often sprayed with formaldehyde, not just weed. Tomatoes, vegetables, all of that good stuff is often dusted with it as an antimicrobial pesticide. Be afraid of your food now.

As to Journeyman, you're exactly right. As to everyone else, especially whoever made the Ron Paul comment, not saying that's WHY I support him, since I don't use any recreational drug, If weed was legalized tomorrow, would we all suddenly become helpless and just HAVE to go out and smoke a joint?

Use your heads. Marijuana isn't any different than tobacco or Alchohol in the sense that it's just as easy to say 'Lol, no" to, but it IS different considering it can be used to manufacture a WHOLE lot of goods at incredibly cheep prices because, Again, Marijuana is a goddamn weed. Weeds are so abundant that you can have a hard time getting RID of them. Growing them doesn't require all that much attention, nor special care and effort. That makes it a problem considering it can replace uses for things like cotton, which is more difficult to grow, and requires machining.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »
Honestly smoking anything can be harmful, just don't do it just because there are no instant negative effects doesn't mean that there aren't some long term ones. My advice is keep your life drug free and you won't have to worry about it.

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 12:00:28 PM »
Smoking pot doubles the risk of having a good time.

Offline PoXiE [Zefux]

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 10:35:03 AM »
So what did we learn? Weed is illegal and you should not smoke it in any circumstances. Besides, it is really dangerous.

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 11:10:08 AM »
So what did we learn? Weed is illegal and you should not smoke it in any circumstances. Besides, it is really dangerous.

Oh look you forgot to read the entire rest of everything that we all wrote about and just randomly wrote that, pretending to summaries something you have no knowledge on! Ain't you clever ;)

In all seriousness do you know why weed is illegal? Do you understand the health risks? Do you know what the words "Medically prescribed" mean? Are you an idiot? (that last one is quite serious)
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal