Author Topic: Windows 8  (Read 2793 times)

Offline {TeamLola} Rhys

• (-.(-.-).-)
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Windows 8
« on: March 21, 2013, 12:40:41 PM »
Hey, I have Windows 8 installed and I HATE it, If I stick in a Windows 7 CD and run it will it downgrade to Windows 7? This is a new build so never had Windows 7 on it
Oh shit son. Please the bragging power is too strong :D

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 12:44:58 PM »
You can't just 'downgrade' or 'upgrade' anything.
You'll have to format and reinstall your entire PC (Using your windows CD) if you want to have another windows on it. And that is not just for windows 7 to 8 or vise versa, but even if you for example have windows 7 home premium but you want windows 7 (Some other version).

And keep in mind that if your windows came with your PC, you have a chance it is locked to your PC only, meaning you can't use the same CD to install windows on another computer. (Or so I have heard. I could be wrong with this.)
So if I'm right with this, you have to make sure the windows you are trying to install is actually compatible with your PC.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 06:21:35 PM by Nicknero1405 »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 12:45:08 PM »
backup any important shit you need like documents etc then when you put windows 7 CD into your PC and it boots up into the windows 7 setup, click custom (advanced) and delete all your partitions, then install it in a fresh new one

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 05:34:37 PM »
backup any important shit you need like documents etc then when you put windows 7 CD into your PC and it boots up into the windows 7 setup, click custom (advanced) and delete all your partitions, then install it in a fresh new one
^ Follow this, Nicknero is a dumbfuck, don't listen to him.

Backup anything you want to keep onto a USB memory stick or a (preferably RW) CD/DVD, and insert your Windows 7 CD and boot from Windows 7 by either a) entering your "Boot from..." menu upon startup (varies from system to system) or b) changing your default boot drive from the BIOS for the time being (which you should only do if the "Boot from..." menu or whatever it may be called on your system doesn't work). Windows installation discs have product keys that usually work twice. So if you've only used the product key once, it should still work. If it doesn't, you can TOTALLY GO LEGITIMATELY BUY (wink wink nudge nudge) Windows and burn it onto a disc and boot from that.

I'm not entirely sure why you would have any issue with Windows 8, as functionally most of your operations will occur in the desktop which, with the exception of a start button (which you can get with modifications, I might add), is identical to the Windows 7 desktop. The Metro UI is only there for Metro apps and startup, so unless you're using Metro apps, you won't even have to worry about it. Windows 8 has better built-in security, and it generally runs smoother since its a newer build. That being said, it's your choice what OS you use. I use Windows 8, but I personally don't support it because of the potential damage it may bring to the gaming industry in the future because the Windows Store system.

Hope that helps,
Ricky
Live free or die

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal