Author Topic: Yao Lo Ti (Tier-3)'s Civil Authority Application  (Read 1010 times)

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yao Lo Ti (Tier-3)'s Civil Authority Application
« on: December 17, 2011, 07:33:43 AM »
Yao Lo Ti (Tier-3)'s Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: AntiChristmas222

IC Character Name: Yao Lo Ti (Tier-3)

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Reason 1

Well, I think joining the CCA will gain my character’s respect. The citizens and officers wouldn’t really show respect to some simple human, but as an officer, police treat me as an equal and citizens wouldn’t give me a second glance.  This would give Yao a sense of power, making feel more confident, which could make for a good officer. After all, if you boost an officer’s confidence, you could boost his work ethic. This would make for a very important addition to the CCA, as we all know that they would look for the best, and the most confident. I also think that Yao wants to gain respect to make a mark of his name in town. He wants to be remembered for surviving the worst of Earth’s history, but not just surviving it, making the most of it. Respect would help Yao feel safe at night, which leads onto reason 2…

Reason 2[/u][/b]

Secondly, I believe safety would be the second reason Yao would want to join the CCA. It’s not that the UU aren’t keeping him safe right now, it’s just that the living conditions aren’t very suitable to keeping this character alive. I also think that some citizens have issues with Yao being a true supporter of the UU. People always seem to give him dirty looks and discerning eyes. Although, beneath the protective armour of a CCA suit, you are almost impervious to anything. In all, I think reason 2 of me joining the CCA would be to keep safe.

Reason 3[/u][/b]

I feel as though most of the time I can be light on tokens. I am, although, thankful that the CWU gives our characters tokens, but they always appear to only be available for supplies. This is why I believe earning the tokens in the CCA would be better, as they are just for daily usage. I know that officers don’t really have permission to purchase items from citizens, but I feel as though tokens can give me a sense of major importance. So in all, reason 3 would be the tokens I could earn. 

Reason 4[/u][/b]

My final reason, the advantages of being placed in a new body. As a human, my character needs sleep, but as a combine character, stasis is all I would need. My normal, human-like aspects would be increased, and I would become a practical superhuman. So finally, I feel as though the advantages made on my character’s mind and body would be the final reason I would like to join the CCA.

So, tokens, respect, safety and advantages would be why I want to join the CCA.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Pure, good listener, stealthy, lawful, trustworthy, quick thinking, strict.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Well, I feel as though for me, I can improve my skill of role play and broaden my awareness of rules and such. If you were to eventually decide that I was in trusting hands and able to join the CCA, I would firstly get training over and done with, so the real role play can begin. Then, I would possibly plan to join the APEX section, as I see elitism and sociostabilty as a very important topic for role play. I would try to change how my character feels as he goes through promotions, like lots of fearRP and mercy for a recruit, yet not a lot of emotion at all for an 01. In all, I feel as though joining the CCA will give me a chance to become a better role player.

For my character, I feel as though it would be a big jump into a new life, but he could get used to it. Yao was incredibly used to change before the war, so not a lot would change for him now. He may have to be used to the idea of having to beat his own kind, which may take a while. But over time, I think I can guarantee that he can become a successful officer. So in all for Yao, I think it would be a big change on his life, but a change full of benefits.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Spoiler for Hidden: Imagine a world where our lives are recorded like books. A place where all our details and everything we ever do or have done is written down. Imagine if every person you knew was just another character in a story. If this was so, not all stories would have happy endings. And not all of them would involve the good, bad and neutral. Sometimes, you can have a story where the world is just big and bad, and no one gives a damn about anything. Sometimes everyone is about as significant as an ant. This is the tale of an ant. But this ant, was neither good, bad or neutral. He just existed. This is the tale of Yao Lo Ti…

Prologue

The boat was just halfway to London and little Daniel was excited as hell. It was the first time that he and his family would be moving to a city considered even greater than Beijing. A place where opportunity and happiness would arise. His parents just saw it as a break from the boredom they had back in Beijing. Daniel’s mother, Adala, spoke in a vague German accent, attempting Chinese as a language, as though it was her first time passing the words through her lips. “Daniel, please sit still. We will be there soon.” She spoke, in the traditional Chinese language. She spoke in a soft voice, which blended in with her silky blonde hair and blue eyes. She had the looks of Marilyn Monroe, but the voice of an angel. Some would argue that there was no contrasting difference between her voice and looks. Daniel was only a small child, aged around 3 to 4. He had a dark shade of black for hair colour and brown eyes, unlike his mother. Daniel had the looks of an adolescent Jackie Chan, which was coincidental, considering his Asian roots. He smiled a lot, because the world was your oyster when you were young, but as we all know, innocence dies with age. Daniel’s father, Yao, had the face of an aging Asian man. His hair was already greying, even at the ripe young age of 32. He had Daniel’s hair and eyes. He was the origin of Daniel’s Asian descent, and the result of the move to London. Well, this was the Lo Ti clan, yet far away in a more well-known land, the soon to be beloved of Daniel awaited him…

Debra Hinks was sitting in her backyard, playing with the two plastic toys, shaped with the look of two grown women. They were the excuse of a role play situation very common and popular with females Debra’s age and older. Debra had the most golden hair, with eyes of hazel. Debra was celebrating the date of her birth, which was 4 years back from the present date. It was a time for happiness and joy, and it put a smile on her face. The news of her newly awaited neighbours was soon to arrive to her humble abode. She heard the neighbours would be a full family, wife, husband and child. It was nice to see a new family on her block, considering most of her friends from nursery lived on the other side of London. She could even make friends with them, play games like ‘tag’ and ‘hide and seek’. As a child, the possibilities where endless, and anything could be fun. Debra overheard the sound of screeching tyres, and could see the slogan ‘Happy Movers’ on the side of a van…

Six years later, and the current image is that of a primary school. The children were playing, and joyous singing ensued whenever possible. However, in the loneliest corner of this image of heaven, we are shown not just the image and a utopian school, but a little child crying in the corner. Three boys strutted up to the boy, threatening him by punching their fists into their hands. “Hey arse face, you got some dinner money for us or do we have to kick ya ching-chong head in again?” The ugliest one of the trio said. Daniel just looked up at them. “Look guys, it’s my last year of primary. I won’t have to see any of you next year. I just couldn’t give a darn about what you do.” Daniel replied politely and sophisticated. “Why the fuck don’t you just swear you fucking puff? You wanna get ya face kicked in ya little shit?!” The tallest responded, raising a fist to Daniel’s face. “I don’t have to see any of you… I need this money to eat.” Daniel mumbled. The final child grabbed Daniel and placed him onto the wall. “We want the money to see you fucking go home ya Chinese dick.” He said in the most revolting tone. “You want to hear me swear?” Daniel said. In unison, the trio all said “Yes!”. “Okay then… Fuck off you English scumbags.” Daniel said in a soft tone. He suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder, turning to see a teacher. Daniel gulped and followed the teacher as she grasped his ear.

The head teacher’s office was cold. Considering it was winter, Daniel assumed the heating would be on. “Now I don’t want to have this chat again Daniel. One more incident and your parents will be in. You hear?! Liam, Ellis and Michael are good boys. They would never be racist or thieving. Now get out!” The teacher bellowed. She had the looks of an old decrepit woman, with obvious dyed red hair. She wore glasses upon the edge of her nose, despite her 20/20 vision. She though it gave her a look of power. “Yes, Ms Higgendy.” Daniel replied. He stepped out the room with one tear rolling down his face. A blonde girl waited outside for him. “Hi Danny! Don’t worry, Ms.’ll see that they’re really mean soon.” She said. She had blue eyes and golden hair, and a whiny voice. “Thanks Debra. Mum and dad say you can come to my house after school! We have building blocks that can make buildings and stuff!” Daniel said excitedly. The two walked away hand in hand. The only noise coming from Debra’s mouth. “You’re the best friend ever Danny…”

Six years on, and the bell rang for the end of a school day. This time, older children began to walk out in blue blazers and ties. Two of them hand in hand, walking out onto the street. “I love you so much Dan.” The girl said. Daniel just stared back at her lovingly. “Same here Debby.” He said. Daniel walked to the bottom of the road in which Debra lived. She had moved from her lovely home since the last time we met these two. Daniel seemed nervous, as though a question was desperate to pop out. “Debby. I have to tell you something.” He said. Debra seemed confused, and scared. Fearing that the relationship would be over. “What’s up Dan?” She asked. He smiled and bent down on one knee. “I left school for good today. And now that the real world is just around the corner, I don’t want to live in it alone.” He said. He reached into his pocket pulling out a tiny box. “Will you marry me?” He said. The box opened, revealing a golden ring with a giant diamond to match. “I don’t know what to say… other than yes!” She shouted. The two hugged and cried for a while but then just stared at each other.

The doctors bashed the doors open, rushing the woman in. She was straining and crying, sweating all over her body. “You’re doing good Mrs Lo Ti. Just keep taking breaths.” A doctor told her. The husband of this woman ran next to her bedside, holding her hand. “Come on honey. Do it for the baby.” He said softly. The doctors laid her down in the operating theatre. “Just a few more pushes and it’s out. You can do it!” The main doctor said. Debra screamed out, giving one final push. Suddenly, the doctors sighed with relief. “It’s a boy!” One said. Debra and Daniel gazed down at the child. “What are we gonna call him?” Daniel asked. He then had a sudden thought. “We could name him after your dad.” He said. “No, Michael wouldn’t suit him. Name him after your dad.” Debra said. “Okay then. Son, welcome to the world Yao Lo Ti.” Daniel said, smiling at his son. “Isn’t he beautiful?” He said. No reply was given and suddenly the doctors were panicking. “Jesus, we’re losing her!” Daniel was then dragged out of the room with Yao. The noises stopped in the room, and everything was quiet.

Life afterwards…[/u][/b]

As a child, Yao worked with his father in a book shop. He even turned another local merchant into a success with some help. In his school years, he passed every exam with full marks or just one less mark. He had a new born sister, Grace, at the age of six. He left school with a PhD in the Science of Politics. Grace got married and became pregnant; meanwhile, Yao trained at the gym every day and moved to New York. He got a job working for a bank, and got into accounting. His father sadly passed away after a heart attack, and his grandparents were long dead since he was six. Yao fell in love with a woman named Kelly, who sadly passed away two weeks after their engagement. A cancerous tumour riddled her brain away to nothing. But the story will not end here, for the biggest event in history soon occurred. And it would change the way humans would live forever.

The War[/u][/b]

Yao was getting ready for work, straightening his tie up and checking his briefcase. An emergency news broadcast came onto his television out of nowhere. “Reports still stay there may be activity from the portal storms in the sky, but still no word on the Black Mesa facility that are believed to have started this pandemic. Meanwhile, sales in Aperture Science products are still dropping, due to complaints about major deaths caused by the new defence turrets products put on sale. More word after the weather.” Yao just ignored the news and ran off to work. The sky was blue and no clouds were visible. Yao liked this weather, it gave him a sense of luck. He was gonna need that today. A mother was telling her child to calm down as she began to talk what sounded like nonsense. “Mommy, shooting star!” she said. “Honey, it’s daylight, there’s no way you can see a…” was all the mother spoke, as the whole city stopped and gazed at the object. Suddenly, panic arose as people noticed the figure coming towards them. Suddenly, a black, pod-like image was visible. “Shit! EVERYONE RUN!!!” Yao shouted. The pod struck the roads, opening to reveal crab-like creatures. Suddenly, millions of helicopters and never-before seen airborne vehicles began to emerge from the portals. Suddenly, masked figures emerged from the choppers, loaded with guns. Capturing adults and shooting children on sight, Yao, in fear, ran for his life. Three men brought him into a back alley. “Shit! What the fuck is going on?!” one man screamed. “Whatever it is, we need to fight back. There’s a gun store across the road, two of our guys are loading some C4 to a hospital to distract them.” The leader of the group said. Yao was in sudden fear, realising the lives that would be lost. “Couldn’t we just go to them? They’re only capturing adults. There’s no need to blow up a hospital.” Yao said, stuttering on every other word. The men stared at him as the leader handed him a glock. “We need to fight to keep what really matters to us. Those people in the hospital are dead anyway, I overheard one of those things speaking English saying it needed a heavy sweep on everyone who is both mentally and physically handicapped.” The leader said. He looked angry. Yao was going wild, unable to think anything. Then it came to him. “I’m so sorry…” He said. “No need to be, you didn’t do this.” The leader said. Yao looked up, tearful. “No, I mean, I’m sorry.” He said. It was Yao’s first time at ever firing a gun, so the shot was terrible and the bullet only skimmed the leader’s arm. “FUCK! THEY KNOW WE’RE HERE!!!” He yelled. The masked figures dropped from the roofs in the alley, risings submachine guns at the men and firing. Yao dropped the pistol and ran, the figures and the leader behind him.

Hours later, Yao was lost in the empty New York. He noticed the air vehicles still in sight, capturing humans and taking them to what he heard as ‘Stations’. Yao noticed someone running at him, and he suddenly could not move his left leg. He looked down and noticed blood, for he had been shot. The figure was the leader of the resisting group. He looked angry and had blood down his face. “You fucking Asian prick. Have a nice day.” He said. Yao closed his eyes, waiting for the inevitable. Suddenly another shot was heard, and the leader had a hole in his head. Blood poured from his head and he became suddenly pale. A masked figure shot him in the head and picked Yao up. “You are not permanently injured, if we eject the bullet the wounds shall heal fully. Welcome to the new world. We are the combine.”

Yao sat on the train in his new uniform, his leg bandaged to prevent infection. He listened to the officers give him instructions upon living in this new world. He felt inspired listening to them, and suddenly, a thought occurred. This was what he wanted, this was his destiny. The questions left are, where is Grace, and what next?

Back before the war, Grace Phillips was laid on her knees as the officers held a gun to her head. “I will say this one more time human, abort the foetus or receive civil judgement.” It said. Grace was crying. “Just shoot me now.” She said. “Very well.” Was all that was heard before silence… Silence…

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Yes, a drunken rage and incredible noob attitudes lead to me mouthing off RTLK and getting banned. But I think since then, my RP level has boosted tenfold, and I haven’t drunk since. This incident was a while back, approximately on the 18th of August. If you consider this a burden and do not wish to give me access to a CCA character, so be it. All I will say is I think I have improved with role play since then.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Since May.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Since May.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Since August.

4. What Time zone are you in?
BST

5. In what country do you live?
England

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I would have to say the judgement waiver, when headcrabs of all proportions, zombies of all varieties and antlions attacked City 45. I managed to survive with 5 fletchettes to the back (the hunter hit me by accident as I tried to escape), several poisonous headcrab bites, three zombie attacks and an antlion faceoff. This was so fun, I was so glad that my character got to live another day.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
If someone has something to say, then it is my objective to listen.

IC Section

Full Name: Yao Lo Ti (Tier-3)
CID: 51494
Height: 5ft 9
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 159
Mental Distinctions: N/A
Mental Defects: N/A
Mental Advantages: IQ: 170
Notable Qualities: N/A

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Er, only once, but I guess you could say it was an innocent mishap. I was told repeatedly not to immediately walk forward as the Ration Distribution Centre door opened, as it was malfunctioning. I heard the noise of a ration being delivered to a citizen, so I thought the deed was done. When the door opened I stepped forward, only to see the officer and the woman still in progress of a ration delivery. I was detained for about a minute, when the head of the CWU came along and made me scrub the walls of HQ. I hope this was a suitable enough punishment for the combine.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Indeed I do. They are delicious.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Life, soul, anything.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
If the actions were committed by me, they are therefore under my entire responsibilty.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
As long as I have a skeletal system rotting in the ground at my death.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
Well, it’s been a tough life for me. My family died before and during the war, so I have no relatives whatsoever. I am still recovering from the news of my sister’s death. She was shot during the war due to her pregnancy, so I was left with the news about a week ago. I feel as though joining the CCA will not increase my mental issues, but rather help them. People say if you fear something, you face it head on and it will stop. Well, I want to join the CCA to stop awful memories such as this, so no emotion can hinder my life ever again. Also, I feel as though a human life is tough in the city, and a combine life is full of new and exciting things to do. I’m not saying that becoming an officer would be a big playground to me, but it would give me more of something to do. Also, I need to find some occupation that gives me tokens for just doing work I would want to do. The CWU give us tokens for supplies, practically forcing us into working in stores or medical posts. I also think the living standards are much more improved for an officer than us. We are the bottom of the food chain in their eyes, so joining them would practically boost a person to the top. Finally, I feel as though I can be a very good addition to the CCA, and that it would be a chance to show our benefactors the likely skills I possess. In all, tokens, adventure, showing my skills and living standards would be why I would like to join the CCA.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Yao Lo Ti (Tier-3) hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:36:09 AM by AntiChristmas222 »
im bach

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Yao Lo Ti (Tier-3)'s Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 09:49:07 AM »
UNIT: 584
DIVISION: NOVA
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Yao Lo Ti
Citizen Identification Number: 51494

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| RCT.712 ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting CCA.C45.NOVA-DvL.584
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 03:13:46 PM by ChristmasVeran1405 »
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal