Author Topic: Crappy internet  (Read 2710 times)

Offline {TeamLola} Rhys

• (-.(-.-).-)
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Crappy internet
« on: June 26, 2012, 04:11:56 PM »
So basically my internet is awful now is it at all possible that my router can be to blame? It seems to disconnect a lot (and the funny thing is it is always when I'm having fun....). But can a router be blamed for me always loosing connection (I know its not my laptop because it happens with everyone in the house) and just before i had 600 ping in OCRP! and im not downloading anything and i am the only one using an internet connection. So is it my router or is the broadband in my area crap, and can a router help if so what router should i get, atm we have one that orange supplied called a livebox. I hope you can make sense of all that
Oh shit son. Please the bragging power is too strong :D

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Crappy internet
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 07:43:37 PM »
It IS possible that it's your router, and in most cases, more likely that it's your router or a faulty Ethernet cable. What you can do to trouble shoot is, when you're having problems, connect your computer to your modem for a short amount of time. I say a short amount of time because this essentially removes your main source of protection from Internet bad boys like smt.

Anyway, if the problem persists even when taking it out of the equation by connecting directly to your modem, it leaves 3 possibilities. A faulty cable, a faulty modem, a crappy ISP. Get to troubleshooting!

Offline {TeamLola} Rhys

• (-.(-.-).-)
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 04:09:17 AM »
What is a good brand of Wireless modem routers? (I'm in the UK)

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 05:00:33 AM »
What is a good brand of Wireless modem routers? (I'm in the UK)

I don't know of any other European based brands but Linksys is by far your best bet. I have the ES3200 as my router, runs about $100.

Offline {TeamLola} Rhys

• (-.(-.-).-)
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 03:38:56 PM »
I found a cause well one cause for this, my router just packs in when it cant handle too much traffic as whenever I get in a populated place on OCRP it says fuck it and just disconnects everything, But yeah ive heard of linksys used to have a wireless adapter for my xbox!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal