Author Topic: My Account got hacked HELP  (Read 2671 times)

Giovanni Dicardi

My Account got hacked HELP
« on: June 26, 2012, 12:52:28 AM »
My account got hacked by some dude in france and I just sent in a report to steam. Is there anything else I can do to speed up this process?

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My Account got hacked HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 01:00:57 AM »
Moved to the proper section.

In any case, when this happens to me a few years ago, I just submitted a ticket to steam and waited. I also recommend changing passwords on anything else of the passwords for them are related to your steam one.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Giovanni Dicardi

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 01:03:18 AM »
Alright, but is there any way to get my steam account back without steam support?

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 03:25:47 AM »
Alright, but is there any way to get my steam account back without steam support?
No, why would you want to do that?
Besides, there's nothing a person that hacked your steam account can do. I mean, what's he going to do? Buy you some new games? Awesome.

Steam WILL get your account back if you have either a physical disc of a steam game with the key card (e.g. the orange box) or proof of ownership of a creditcard used on your account. It's a pretty easy process, my account was hacked back in '09 and I got it back within a week with no damages done.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 06:53:58 AM »
I would also highly suggest you to use steam guard and make sure your email password is unique and never used ANYWHERE else.

This is used so even if someone else knows your steam password, they are not able to log in your account without knowing your email password as well.

And next time: Don't be so stupid to get your account hacked. Since this won't happen unless you did something stupid.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Giovanni Dicardi

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 08:29:31 AM »
Okay guys thanks :3. And nick stop being a meanie.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal