Author Topic: Tom James Palmer's Civil Authority Application  (Read 976 times)

Offline Triangle

• I'm just gorgeous!
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tom James Palmer's Civil Authority Application
« on: November 22, 2011, 12:51:57 PM »
Tom James Palmer's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Triangle

IC Character Name: Tom James Palmer

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
My Character, Tom Palmer, wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority team because he wishes to protect, to serve, and to help all in City 45, He is will trained and has been Civil Protection in many other cities (servers) and is capable to join.
Tom Palmer is also a very well trained CCA, and has the fitness, strength, and agility to join the combine civil authority team.

He has been transferred from C32 to C45, and has had many experiences in the half life 2 world. He respects the Combine Authority, he has never been in trouble with them, and has the respect and attitude for the job. Tom has also lost his family due to the rebels, and he now supports the combines help across the world, and would like to join them and help protect city 45.

Tom has also has had much experience as a CCA, as back before he got transferred to C45 from C32, he was born and brought up in C18, where he became a combine civil authority. He is very skilled with role-playing as a combine, and has the activeness and loyalty to join the team.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
My character will be very loyal, he will be very supportive and will take commands without doubt from higher ranked Civil Authorities.

He will also be 100% trustworthy for the job, and will never abuse, will never do his job in a way that is not expected by the City Administrators.

He will without doubt be active and respectable towards other civilians and other CCA's.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I expect the Combine Civil Authority job to be difficult for my character, without doubt, but as the phrase goes, "We do things not because they are easy, but because they are hard." And my character as a CCA, will not give up, will not whine about the laws and rules, and will be a very important new life for my character.

I also expect it to be important for my character, not many civilians get this opportunity, and he will pull through and be an extremely good CCA. Every new opportunity will be difficult at first, but he will not fail, he will not give up, and most of all, he will do you proud.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
My character, Tom Palmer, has been moved around a lot. He is only 33 years of age, and has been transferred to 3 different cities. He was brought up in C18, and at age 20, he became a CCA, he was a great CCA, and was the most respected man in the city. He was raised by his father, Bryan Palmer, who was head of the nexus in City 18, his brother was also a CCA, and they were the best CCA'S and respected people in the city. Unfortunately, rebels raided the nexus, killing hundreds of civil authorities, including his father and his brother. Since that massacrer, Tom had to run and go far away and start a new life, and this is how he ended up in City 32, at age 24, Tom arrived at C32, and lived a quiet, normal civilian life, he had an apartment, he had 4 room mates and enjoyed his rations, some of them anyway. But after 9 years of living in C32, an evacuation took place due to a a nuclear combine plant leak, causing many deaths, and head crabs to escape the plant, Tom now had to move to city45, the best running and safest city in all of half life 2, Tom is planning on staying here for the rest of his life, and has been here for 2 months, he has met many civilians, and goes to the park every day to feed the birds, he salutes the nexus and the statue every day, and has met many civil authorities that have helped him and supported his new life in City forty five. Tom has gone through a lot in his life, but these have manned him up more than ever, and now, Tom is ready to become a CCA once again, but better than ever before.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No, I have never had a CCA character. I hope for this to be my first.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
My Garry's Mod playtime is almost 2000 hours, and more than 40% of that is role-playing. Semi serious and serious.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
A few months now.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Since early October, 2011.

4. What Time zone are you in?
(UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

5. In what country do you live?
United Kingdom, England.

6. How old are you?
I am currently 16 years of age, 17 in febuary.

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Fearless Role-Play, 2011, early November. A raid took place on top of the Evo City police station, there was a party to celebrate the presidents birthday (J.F.K). Me, my character, Tom Palmer, once in the marine core, fighting for his country, felt betrayed by Kennedy, and felt he was left to die in Vietnam, so I spoke to the admins about an assassination role-play, as the party finished, J.F.K was driving towards the pond, until I shot him in the back of his neck with a silenced AWP.

Great memory, but I bet I will have a better RP experience on here soon!

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Tom James Palmer
CID: 58870
Height: 6 foot 1
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 168 LB (12 stone)
Mental Distinctions: Tom Palmer has been in many battles against rebels invading the nexus, and has succeeded holding them off, he has helped many people and supports civilians.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: Very strong, fit and energetic.
Notable Qualities: I am very smart, I know how to do my job and shall do it with pride.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No I have not, I have always been loyal to the combine laws.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Indeed I do, and I believe they are more luxury than breen water!

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, my life.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, for all my life.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join the civil authority for a few reasons. I enjoy the server, and think I can pull off some great role playing on this server, I have been CCA before, and I know I will not let you down. I will never abuse, and I will always remain loyal to the server and will play many hours a day. If I ever go in-active (E.G holidays) I will notify the admins and make a forum thread. 

I also know many combine sounds, such as "Apply" "You, Citizen, come with me." "Haha" "Get out of here" "Move along" and so on.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Tom James Palmer hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Tom Palmer

(Edit reason : Forgot to sign the oath, did not see this part)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:54:29 PM by Triangle »

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tom James Palmer's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »
UNIT:182
DIVISION:APEX
CLEARANCE:OfC(A)
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Tom James Palmer>
Citizen Identification Number: 58870

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| ((OOC Q's))Application questions 1,3 and 4 does not meet the minimum standards. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.APEX-OfC(A).182
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:02:59 PM by Blt »
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal