Author Topic: SourceSDK - Hammer: Missing content/seeing errors.  (Read 6058 times)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
SourceSDK - Hammer: Missing content/seeing errors.
« on: December 20, 2011, 02:27:01 AM »
So I'm on my phone so I make this short:
I'm making a map on hammer and I had no issues on source engine 2009 a long time ago.
Now I don't know if this happened after I temprarly replaced my gmod folder with a clean one, or after an engine update. But since some time, I'm seeing lots of errors in hammer while I see the models in gmod just fine.
Example of error models are the table and chair on the GMPTR lobby. (this is the reason why you can walk through them. Because the collide wireframe is not loaded.)

Any idea how to add missing content?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline [RG-O] jamiecross5

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SourceSDK - Hammer: Missing content/seeing errors.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 08:38:07 AM »
So I'm on my phone so I make this short:
I'm making a map on hammer and I had no issues on source engine 2009 a long time ago.
Now I don't know if this happened after I temprarly replaced my gmod folder with a clean one, or after an engine update. But since some time, I'm seeing lots of errors in hammer while I see the models in gmod just fine.
Example of error models are the table and chair on the GMPTR lobby. (this is the reason why you can walk through them. Because the collide wireframe is not loaded.)

Any idea how to add missing content?

I think I know,

You know the options tab its set to your old gmod folder edit it and set all of the setting to the new one.

Located at Tools then Options on hammer.

for exsample it says $SteamUserDir\garrysmod\garrysmod
change it to what you renamed your garrysmod folder to so if i renamed mine to garry i would change it to:
$SteamUserDir\garry\garrysmod
This photo is cursed.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 09:40:50 AM »
I never renamed my folders. I did TEMPORARILY to test something in GMPTR. Then I changed them back to what they were. I even tried to re-setup hammer by removing Garry's Mod from the configuration and reset all those settings.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 09:50:42 AM »
Can I ask one thing did you see errors after you renamed If you did check your folder and see if it says Garrysmod just like that.
This photo is cursed.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 11:11:43 AM »
All the content works fine on Gmod itself. The only thing I changed on the name was adding a "2" behind it (garrysmod2) and removing it again to change it back.
It has nothing to do with Garry's mod, else I would miss the models there as well. I think it's just somewhere in the settings of hammer, but I have no clue how I would simply link content like you would do in Garry's Mod / extentions.
I already tried adding portal, tf2, css etc .fdg to my Game Data Files in hammer.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »
I made a gif for you did you do this? - BUT TO ALL OF IT?

This photo is cursed.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 01:21:25 PM »
You don't seem to understand me.
I never changed anything of those settings in hammer before I got the missing content.
I change the name of the ACTUAL folder in username/garrysmod/garrysmod. Then after I was done I change it back to what it was.

Pretty sure all these settings are fine.

Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

But I think I have a bit of a clue. Lately I've been removing and moving around mapsscr folders together to 1 location because I had many of them on different locations. I found a folder called gmod of which I thought was useless so I removed it. Could it be that it actually contained some files I need? I just remembered watching a tutorial where I had to add this folder for some reason. But that was a LOOOONG time ago.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:24:25 PM by Nicknero1405 »

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »
You don't seem to understand me.
I never changed anything of those settings in hammer before I got the missing content.
I change the name of the ACTUAL folder in username/garrysmod/garrysmod. Then after I was done I change it back to what it was.

Pretty sure all these settings are fine.

Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

But I think I have a bit of a clue. Lately I've been removing and moving around mapsscr folders together to 1 location because I had many of them on different locations. I found a folder called gmod of which I thought was useless so I removed it. Could it be that it actually contained some files I need? I just remembered watching a tutorial where I had to add this folder for some reason. But that was a LOOOONG time ago.

Hmmm well I dont know, Sorry if I have been bothering your time, It must be somphing to do with your hammer I just feel sorry as you have made a map for Gmod party sever just to find out your textures have went I want you to still have the map and finish the work.

Edit: I feel verry sorry for you to be working on a map just to find out you gmod is corrupted the only way I thin is to reinstall gmod.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:36:39 PM by [RG] jamiecross5 »
This photo is cursed.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 01:27:49 AM »
Try putting the content in /username/Half-life:2 episode 2/ep2 and run hammer with the episode 2 game parameters and the source 2009 engine. Honestly using gmod as a game parameter is dumb. Theres no use and all your useless gmod shit gets put in hammer. Its easier to keep things tidy and to test maps after pakrat.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 10:52:16 AM »
Problem fixed! Solution:
Click to see the original size.

Basically I was screwing around with some setting in Hammer until I just tried to forget about whole Gmod, and set the configuration in SourceSDK (Not hammer) to Counter-Strike Source. This made me see the models just find. Now right here I got that light bulb above my head.

I just realized why I saw the models in Gmod, but not in Hammer which was set to Gmod's content: Gmod has all the content linked if you set it in Extentions. Hammer howerver does NOT! So what I did, was moving ALL the folders (mainly models and materials) from the CSS directory into the Gmod directory:
$Steamdir\username\counter-strike source\cstrike\<All folders>
To:
$Steamdir\username\garrysmod\garrysmod\<All folders>

This fixed the issues :D

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »
Thanks, same problem thought it was my converter.

Edit:
Didn't work, damn. - Anyone know a good converter from .bsp to .vmf? I know I pm'd someone a good one, but I lost the message and it self. Was it YankeeSamurai?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:44:41 PM by Martinerrr - â?«â?ªâ?«â?ªâ?« »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal