Author Topic: Change the S2M rules!  (Read 2459 times)

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
Change the S2M rules!
« on: May 29, 2011, 09:34:09 PM »
So in a dispute about Summer Miles's PK, I learned something. The rules for S2M are:

I think that many of us would like S2M to be 100% miss. I was actually drafting a document that demonstrates how to use rolls and add bonuses to them based on weapon and training myself. Please give your opinion on this.
I think Burning Bullet, Statua, YankeeSamurai and I've Covered Wars you Know all think S2M should be 100% miss.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline Jdebz

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Change the S2M rules!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 09:40:16 PM »
I agree!

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »
I know you've already seen this, Rofl, but I'm posting it for the rest of the community to examine.

One of the main reasons I would like s2m to be 100% miss is because it's simple.
Arguments and drama like Josh's PK appeal will be prevented because it'll be easy to tell if the rule has been broken.

If the rule was, "100% miss at long range, but not at short range," or something like that, the terms "long range" and "short range" would need to be defined.

Those definitions would always be in debate, and they would be probably be too complicated for most players to follow anyway.

What I'm trying to say is this: shooting to miss should be 100% miss because it is easy to follow and simple to determine whether the rule has been followed by others.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 09:51:11 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 12:08:22 PM »
I think we all agree that S2M should be 100% miss. But what about when you want to start hitting? This is where I think rolls have to be involved, but are there other solutions you would suggest?
lolwut?

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 01:24:33 PM »
I usually do something like /me aims the rifle at the skinny, brown-haired man and pulls the trigger shakily.

then both players should /roll.

The player who was targeted makes a /me based on the result. For example, if the shots miss:
/me ducks as bullets whiz past his head and ricochet off the concrete behind him.

or if they hit:
/it The man cries out and staggers backwards, clutching his chest. Bright red blood begins to seep through his fingers. His eyes glaze over as he lifelessly slumps against the wall.

To summarize all of that, I think the correct format should be:
1. Offensive /me or /it
2. /roll
3. Defensive (response) /me or /it
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:11:45 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 04:24:33 PM »
I agree with Yankee. Perhaps the rolls could be bonused. Such as CCAs get +10 on rolls.
lolwut?

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 06:50:27 AM »
Generally, the need for S2M regarding the Combine decreases as you go up in rank, because augmentation increases the higher the rank you are in the Combine.
Live free or die

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 06:56:27 AM »
. snip

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 12:36:43 AM »
If you aer right in their face shoot to kill, if your COTA doesnt matter S2K your HUD helps you aim. + at longer ranges shots are gonna be all over the place, the SMG is out of wack already so thats not a problem. If you close enough to see the whites of their eyes shoot to KILL! IF you cant distinguish their facial fetures make shots hit less. Again, CQC Close enough to spit and hit them are Shoot to kill. If your across the plaza taking pot shots at each other then shoot to miss. If your at the trainstation steps and he's at the S6 HEP then S2M, I'm sick of people hitting EVERY SINGLE shot, I could destroy people if I was S2King but I'm not.

I may add more

EDIT: FIXED SPELLING ERRORS
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:55:03 PM by [={.N.A.L.}=] Renegade Awsome »

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 11:19:28 AM »
The 100% rule seems the simplest, if you're gonna try anything else get an admins permission or agree it with the other party.
I think that it needs to be kept simple, as it's very vague.
We also need an admins confirmation of the new rule

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal