Author Topic: Warhammer 40k Megathread  (Read 4952 times)

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Warhammer 40k Megathread
« on: August 28, 2011, 08:56:46 AM »
EDIT: I tried posting spoilers and image tags but I just got this silly little icon, apparently I still fail with forums, sorry but for now you'll have to follow the links to view pictures (Imageshack, sorry again guys.)

Anything and everything Warhammer40k related, please make sure your adhering to the forum rules at all times when posting in this thread please, other than that the rules are pretty free flowing.

Discuss army lists and tactics you may have, pictures of your armies, battle reports, or vid's from youtube.
Try and keep the thread tidy by using spoilers for any large images when possible
Have fun.

So then, to kick start off:

This first image is a campaign map, the campaign is between me and a friend who has this hut like building where I play pretty much all my tabletop games, he will be playing as Orks/Chaos and I will be playing as Space Marines/Imperial guard.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/img0414z.jpg

The second image is a shot of some of my mates orks, I had plenty of pictures of them but as you can see the quality on an Ipod touch is not so great, and this was one of the two acceptable qualities of pictures that came out.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/img0410nd.jpg/

I got beat up pretty badly by his Orks, he had two Deff Dreads and two squads of Three Killa Kanz, as well as over 120 Infantry, 6 bikes, a Battle Fortress tank thing (Which my Chapter masters orbital bombardment got a direct hit on and exploded :v) and his truck with HQ.

The final image of that day is a close up on one of his Deff Dreads, again im sorry about the quality I'll try get an actual camera instead of using my Ipod touch for pictures in the future.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/img0411z.jpg

And to top of this first post, I leave a funny vid.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E</a>

EDIT: I tried posting spoilers and image tags but I just got this silly little icon, apparently I still fail with forums, sorry but for now you'll have to follow the links to view pictures (Imageshack, sorry again guys.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:59:49 AM by Krisrules »

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Warhammer 40k Megathread
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 10:21:43 AM »
Never played tabletop but I spam guardsman in Soulstorm to win.  In retribution I play Ork.

Never really got into playing Eldar, but I played every other race.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 10:36:01 AM »
I tried out Soulstorm, but it felt to different from Dark Crusade so I never gave it a chance, what were battle sisters like on soulstorm?

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 10:47:15 AM »
Meh, power is in between Space marine and guardsmen.

I would much rather play Dark Crusade, But I like the changes they put into Soulstorm, such as fixes, game play changes, balance issues, etc...
But soulstorm is the only game where you see the sisters of battle.  Another reason why I keep soulstorm around because I have a wider variety.  I think the campaign could have been better past vanilla but that's my opinion.  Where they went with a tabletop sort of view after vanilla and then reverted back to campaign missions in DoW2.

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 12:41:19 PM »
I loved the game, collected imp guard, eldar, then orks. Then i finished with it, why arent they painted? Thats probably the 2nd most fun thing in it, having them just gray is boring.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 12:50:09 PM »
I loved the game, collected imp guard, eldar, then orks. Then i finished with it, why arent they painted? Thats probably the 2nd most fun thing in it, having them just gray is boring.

He's collected 40k since he was younger (he's quite older than me) and he's got each army in 40k, + Space marines he's got Blood Angels models and codex. He's spent over £5000 apparently and he's just got so much that getting around to paint it all is just going to take forever.

Do you have any models hiding anywhere Rictal? I'd love to see them if you have any, im working on uploading some of mine but I just need to get around to finding a camera.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 10:03:13 PM »
I LOVE GUARDSMAN MORALE

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj5pV6WUtkY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj5pV6WUtkY</a>

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 10:46:29 PM »
I LOVE GUARDSMAN MORALE

I dont :v or their ballistic skill on table top, which is only 3's :c. Do you plave DOW2? If so top three armies?

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 11:10:22 PM »
I do play DoW2 retribution.  I don't play that much, I liked base gameplay much better so I stick to soulstorm.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »
(Just to avoid punishment I checked the forum rules and it says necroposting was 2 months, so as far as im aware im still alright to post)

So, haven't updated in a while because I still haven't got ahold of a camera, but I recently found out my brother has one and its just a matter of finding some batteries. In other news, I have ordered 3 items from forgeworld, which i'm looking forward to building and painting, they are:

Death Korps of Krieg Grenadier Centaur
Spoiler for Hiden:

Death Korps of Krieg Grenadiers
Spoiler for Hiden:

Death Korps of Krieg Grenadiers w/ Heavy Stubber+Meltagun
Spoiler for Hiden:

Hopefully by the time these have been delivered I would have found batteries for my brothers camera, and will be able to show you my already painted Death Korps of Krieg Command HQ squad.

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 11:51:06 PM »
I collect Ork and Space marines, I'll get some pictures shortly. I have a fuck load. (Mostly poorly painted, as I have not touched them in years)
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline LeninRoxSox

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 02:08:48 AM »
Orks for the win! My Waaaaagh is Kaptain Dirty Kurt's Freebootaz of Dread
I have no pictures of my army but its along the lines of:
3 Warbosses
1 Big Mek
1 squad of 4 Meganobz
25~ Nobz
110~ Boys
2 squads of 5 Kommandos (Snikrott too)
2 squads of 5 lootas (sweet sweet loota guns)
3 Looted Wagons (all hand made from tank models)
1 Skullhama Battlefortress (Ork Baneblade)
2 Stompas
1 Fightabomba (Made from like soda cans FTW)
at least 3 buggies
6~ Warbikes and Whazdakka Gutsmek
2 batteries of kannons
~3 Battlewagons

Last time I tallied it was like 5000 points with no upgrades...Last Apoc battle I was in was rediculous...

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 02:13:27 AM »
For the greater good...?

Tau Players where you at?

Offline LeninRoxSox

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 02:15:31 AM »