Author Topic: Computer question.  (Read 6497 times)

Offline Cogley

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Computer question.
« on: April 28, 2013, 03:59:34 PM »
Can i run OCRP2 with this computer? and what game is probably the max i can run with it, also got a Geforce 8600 GT g-card.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Refurbished-Black-6005-Pro-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-Athlon-II-X2-Processor-4GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-7-Professional-Monitor-Not-Included/23325250

Offline hacker

• Like a BOSS
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Computer question.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:27:10 PM »
Too me it seems fine, Garrys mod is not that high demanding, It when you get into big shooter games and are running multiple video games at once is where you need to get a solid computer. Only thing that could concern me is the processor, do you know how many Ghz it has?

Offline tim

• SPACE JAM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 12:22:35 AM »
do you know how many Ghz it has?

it's certainly not all about that
there's a lot more to a processor
#

Offline FanaticWarren

• ElitistFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 12:55:51 AM »
His computer should run fine with gmod.

I mean even with my system on a full server in the city i only get about 20-30 fps.
Spoiler for Hiden:

System Specs
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core processor @ 4.6 ghz
RAM: AMD Radeon™ RP1866 Performance Series 16GB
PSU: Ultra X4 750W
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked + PNY GTX 550 TI for physx core

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 12:57:07 AM »
Can i run OCRP2 with this computer? and what game is probably the max i can run with it, also got a Geforce 8600 GT g-card.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Refurbished-Black-6005-Pro-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-Athlon-II-X2-Processor-4GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-7-Professional-Monitor-Not-Included/23325250

In short you will not be able to run ocrp2 with that computer. To give you an idea your graphics card, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150229 only has 256 MB of memory.     

While mine is a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127696 which has 2GB 192-bit GDDR5, I only get 10 to 15 frames in the city which is the most populated section of OCRP2 when it is a full server with maxed settings.

If you have yet to buy this computer I highly suggest not getting it since it's extremely outdated and not worth your time. If your budget can take it you should really build your own computer or at least get in touch with someone with the know how of being able to assemble/ tell you what to buy.

Too me it seems fine, Garrys mod is not that high demanding, It when you get into big shooter games and are running multiple video games at once is where you need to get a solid computer. Only thing that could concern me is the processor, do you know how many Ghz it has?

AMD Athlon II X2 processor. 3.0GHz
While I wouldn't suggest getting that computer, you could definitely run Gmod and OCRP2. You wouldn't be able to run it on the highest settings because the city lags like a bitch, but I can run Gmod maxed out and get 20~ish frames with an Intel integrated card, which is among the worst of video cards out there.
Live free or die

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 11:29:35 AM »
I severely advise against that PC. My school had a batch of them and they absolutely sucked with the system setup, which wasn't even games.

I suggest building your own PC, the price of that will get you a barebones setup and you can scavange other pc's/freinds for cases or other little bits easily normally.
what

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 11:58:41 AM »
I agree with Blt. Building a PC is extremely easy. What's your budget? You can get a nice Intel build depending on what you already have.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 01:57:19 PM »
That proc can handle it. My girlfriend has a custom built with an Athlon II X2 and 4gb RAM. The videocard is what you want to look at. She has a ATI Radeon 4550 and can run OCRP2 on medium graphics settings just as well as i can with my rig on max. My rig has a FX8150 (used for mapping, no hate) and 8GB ram. Only reason it can run higher is because I have a ATI Radeon 5770. Both our procs dont even pass 70% and RAM barely surpasses 2gb (3 for me as i have 64-bit)

Look for a good video card and that rig should handle OCRP

That beig said, dont expect any newer games to handle well on the Athlon II X2. I had a hard time playing TDU2 on a FX4100 which has the same power.

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 02:21:24 PM »
The problem with Gmod right now is that multicore rendering is not working and is forced off even if you select to use it in the settings. This means that having a powerful computer will barely increase your fps by about say 5 when playing OCRP in the city at max players.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 02:24:07 PM »
The problem with Gmod right now is that multicore rendering is not working and is forced off even if you select to use it in the settings. This means that having a powerful computer will barely increase your fps by about say 5 when playing OCRP in the city at max players.
Is the multicore render being looked at and getting fixed?

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 05:04:34 PM »
That would explain my shitty fps since gmod 13 was released

-Sent from my Galaxy Player 4.0-

Offline Cogley

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 05:39:29 PM »
Budget is not good, and gmod will be the only game i'll be running, i still need a new computer?

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 05:58:35 PM »
Budget is not good, and gmod will be the only game i'll be running, i still need a new computer?
I'm assuming your budget is $250ish. Are you willing to build a computer? If so, what do you already have(Monitor, keyboard, operating system, etc)?

Offline tim

• SPACE JAM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 06:44:45 PM »
I'm assuming your budget is $250ish. Are you willing to build a computer? If so, what do you already have(Monitor, keyboard, operating system, etc)?

$250 is way too low
#

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 07:31:06 PM »

$250 is way too low
That's why I asked what he already has. You can probably salvage the power supply, possibly the case, maybe even the GPU. You can do well with an i3-3220 and a $100 motherboard for now. But if he prefers prebuilt, then that's a whole different story.

Also moved to correct section.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal