Author Topic: Mount and Blade victory tales  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mount and Blade victory tales
« on: September 26, 2012, 12:45:35 AM »
Come here to brag about how much you've kicked ass in M&B.

My crowning moment was when I had 61 guys vs 92. I lead a charge with calvery and infantry, wrapped around their line, and surrounded them

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mount and Blade victory tales
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 12:50:05 AM »
I get like 50 Swaidain Knights, then storm a castle of 150-200 and win, only losing a small number of my troops. They are very OP.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 01:15:35 AM »
I get like 50 Swaidain Knights, then storm a castle of 150-200 and win, only losing a small number of my troops. They are very OP.

What level training do I need to make knights?

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 07:10:14 AM »

What level training do I need to make knights?

If i'm not mistaken the Swadian Knights are the cavalry line of the swadians. I believe it goes something along the lines of "Swadian Militia > Swadian Footman > Swadian Trained Footman > Whatever the first level of Swadian cavalry is called > Swadian Knight" I haven't started up Mount and Blade Warband in a couple of months though, so those ranks may be a little iffy, and the knight may be the first cavalry unit for the Swadians.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »
I got a mod for M&B Fire and Sword called WFaS Enhanced, which adds in the basic kingdom structure from Warband back into the game, along with culture, so I wanted to make Prussia, because I damn well could now.

So along the line I manage to attract about a hundred or so men and a good deal of money from caravan trade, and I begin to finance an army. It is mainly comprised of Polish infantrymen, some militia musketeers, and a good deal of european mercenaries that I have kitted out with tools for close quarter fighting; maces, swords, and the occasional pistol. The city I plan to attack is Koenigsburg, a city currently controlled by the Kingdom of Sweden that has an impressive garrison and some very defensible walls. I forget the numbers but here is how it panned out:

I start the battle as lord in charge (mayor von whatshisface or something) goes out on a jolly little campaign over in the Muscovite lands, I wait a day or so to make sure he is well beyond range and I swoop in to besiege the town, I choose to try and blow open the wall with explosives, and I wait half of a day to make it so. I start the attack as the defenders, a good number of them Swedish Musketeers, charge out and towards my lines. I quickly move forward all of my militia musketeers into ranks and get off two volleys before half a dozen Winged Hussars of mine charge into the midst of their formation, killing six of them with their lances. I pull them back and fire another volley and charge forward my infantry, by then there was only a few left and they were summarily killed.

I start the battle again after the battle with the Swedish that sallied out had ended in my favor with only a few militia killed if I remember right. So it began again, I formed my musketeers into ranks once more and had them fire at the enemies that covered the walls in front of me as they returned fire into my charging infantrymen, myself in the lead. The musketeers did manage some decent cover-fire as I saw a few of their sharpshooters fall from the walls in front of me. My infantry and dismounted hussars made for the gap, which was filled with Halberdiers in formation. I still charged on, some of my infantry firing their pistols. They made contact as a couple fell to stabs from the halberdiers and closed in with maces and swords, and surprisingly, the halberds couldn't swing in close quarters, and they got butchered by my men. Some of my men went and killed the rest of the musketeers on the walls, and the rest got close in with some mixed reinforcements from the Swedish spawn point. For a moment I thought I would lose but my reinforcements overwhelmed theirs, and I took the city.

Hell. Yeah. All that income is now mine. I then set up my little country, the Kingdom of Prussia, and got to recruiting some superior Prussian Lifeguards, who posses superior flintlock muskets, and Prussian Uhlans, the best lancers aside from the Winged Hussars, all to further my conquests and defend against the inevitable Swedish counterattack. After an in game week I have a platoon of lifeguards ready to defend the walls in case mayor whatshisface returns, extremely pissed that I took his city away.

My story continues as it develops....
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 01:15:39 PM by Riemer »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »
I got a mod for M&B Fire and Sword called WFaS Enhanced, which adds in the basic kingdom structure from Warband back into the game, along with culture, so I wanted to make Prussia, because I damn well could now.

So along the line I manage to attract about a hundred or so men and a good deal of money from caravan trade, and I begin to finance an army. It is mainly comprised of Polish infantrymen, some militia musketeers, and a good deal of european mercenaries that I have kitted out with tools for close quarter fighting; maces, swords, and the occasional pistol. The city I plan to attack is Koenigsburg, a city currently controlled by the Kingdom of Sweden that has an impressive garrison and some very defensible walls. I forget the numbers but here is how it panned out:

I start the battle as lord in charge (mayor von whatshisface or something) goes out on a jolly little campaign over in the Muscovite lands, I wait a day or so to make sure he is well beyond range and I swoop in to besiege the town, I choose to try and blow open the wall with explosives, and I wait half of a day to make it so. I start the attack as the defenders, a good number of them Swedish Musketeers, charge out and towards my lines. I quickly move forward all of my militia musketeers into ranks and get off two volleys before half a dozen Winged Hussars of mine charge into the midst of their formation, killing six of them with their lances. I pull them back and fire another volley and charge forward my infantry, by then there was only a few left and they were summarily killed.

I start the battle again after the battle with the Swedish that sallied out had ended in my favor with only a few militia killed if I remember right. So it began again, I formed my musketeers into ranks once more and had them fire at the enemies that covered the walls in front of me as they returned fire into my charging infantrymen, myself in the lead. The musketeers did manage some decent cover-fire as I saw a few of their sharpshooters fall from the walls in front of me. My infantry and dismounted hussars made for the gap, which was filled with Halberdiers in formation. I still charged on, some of my infantry firing their pistols. They made contact as a couple fell to stabs from the halberdiers and closed in with maces and swords, and surprisingly, the halberds couldn't swing in close quarters, and they got butchered by my men. Some of my men went and killed the rest of the musketeers on the walls, and the rest got close in with some mixed reinforcements from the Swedish spawn point. For a moment I thought I would lose but my reinforcements overwhelmed theirs, and I took the city.

Hell. Yeah. All that income is now mine. I then set up my little country, the Kingdom of Prussia, and got to recruiting some superior Prussian Lifeguards, who posses superior flintlock muskets, and Prussian Uhlans, the best lancers aside from the Winged Hussars, all to further my conquests and defend against the inevitable Swedish counterattack. After an in game week I have a platoon of lifeguards ready to defend the walls in case mayor whatshisface returns, extremely pissed that I took his city away.

My story continues as it develops....

*ass kicking swag*

Nice, reminds me of when I helped take Reyvadin with Kerghite Khanite.  I had all my Rhodok crossbowmen take down their soldiers, I ordered everyone to follow me *all 200 something guys* And charged up the ladder onto the walls. Sense I'm the player, a thunderous Norse God, I began butchering their recruits and defenders. My men quickly swarmed around me. We made a final push down the stairwells towards their spawn point, a massive melee followed. My casualties: 11 dead, nine wounded.

I'm still proud, but that cunt Khan didn't even have the balls to give me the castle, WHEN I WAS THE FIRST INTO THE BATTLE!

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 08:16:54 PM »
Words words words

*ass kicking swag*

Nice, reminds me of when I helped take Reyvadin with Kerghite Khanite.  I had all my Rhodok crossbowmen take down their soldiers, I ordered everyone to follow me *all 200 something guys* And charged up the ladder onto the walls. Sense I'm the player, a thunderous Norse God, I began butchering their recruits and defenders. My men quickly swarmed around me. We made a final push down the stairwells towards their spawn point, a massive melee followed. My casualties: 11 dead, nine wounded.

I'm still proud, but that cunt Khan didn't even have the balls to give me the castle, WHEN I WAS THE FIRST INTO THE BATTLE!

Hah, that sucks. So I just got further in today, with a nice little company of Prussian line infantry, uhlans and lifeguards. The Swedish mayor guy came back, as pissed as I foresaw him being, with about a hundred men which I guess means he got his ass kicked by the Muscovites.

The battle started on a map with a big ass river in the middle, which I set up on the far side of, the Swedish attacked and charged right into the river but for some reason stopped and got gunned down. It only lasted about one minute and wasn't nearly as epic as the siege in which I took Koenigsburg.

Reminds me of a scene in a movie I saw, provided as a very exaggerated account of what happened:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72vRMJUEfbE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72vRMJUEfbE</a>

5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 07:31:44 PM »
speaking of sieges, I took a wood Khergite castle last night. I defected to the Rhodoks. I took the castle and am moving to take another, I petitioned to be given the castle for moi. I better, or I'll flip shit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal