Author Topic: Guide Thread {Tips for CCA/Rebels}  (Read 1396 times)

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
Guide Thread {Tips for CCA/Rebels}
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:37:33 PM »
I am making a kind of guide for communities and players to use when setting up a HL2:RP server, I also have a section on the pro-antagonistic and an antagonistic factions (CCA+Resistance). I was wondering if I could include any tips you would have for roleplaying as one of these factions. (I'd cite you, of course). I play only one of them, so my tips are limited to my characters on other servers, and observing the CCA here.
Mikhel Kharlamov | Alive | CWU Tier 3 |

Marcel Huber | Alive] | Living in City 45 |

Ian Kharlamov | Alive | Hiding from the CCA, after becoming AC#4 |

Dr. Cole Matthews | Alive | Administrating C45 |

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Guide Thread {Tips for CCA/Rebels}
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:08:38 PM »
Not sure if this is double post but: If I can get a few suggestions, I might be able to publish my half finished guide tonight.
Mikhel Kharlamov | Alive | CWU Tier 3 |

Marcel Huber | Alive] | Living in City 45 |

Ian Kharlamov | Alive | Hiding from the CCA, after becoming AC#4 |

Dr. Cole Matthews | Alive | Administrating C45 |

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:12:48 PM »
I do have a tip for CCA/MPF High Command:

It is understandable that you worked hard for your rank, but do not let it go to your head.  Just because you were chosen amongst all your peers for promotion to OfC does not mean you have the right to act better than them.  You should be a model for them, like any good father figure.  You should never hesitate to help them, and if they slip up, do not hesitate to correct them.  If they do slip up, please try to keep the blackmarks in your pocket.  The only time you want to take them out is if a unit shows chronic signs of failure, whether it be constant dismissal of direct orders or a tick that can't be corrected simply. 

Another thing to remember is to make your orders clear.  As Sun Tzu once said, "If the orders are not followed because they are unclear, then it is the fault of the generals.  If the orders are not followed but are clear, then it is the fault of the subordinates." (Paraphrase)  The best leader is one who owns up to his mistakes and moves to correct them.  Losing your patience is a sign of a weak commander.  Your units should respect you, not fear you.

In short, treat your units with respect, show them where they can improve, and, most importantly, be a role model.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 09:21:46 PM »
On the CCA side of things, role play consists of developing your character from a low level recruit, who is still very much human in their actions, emotions, and feelings, into a cold, calculated unit that follows orders to the letter and doesn't fail their superiors. Why don't they fail? Because failure as an experienced, high ranking unit (especially a commissioned Officer) results in death most of the time. As a recruit, you are human and will make mistakes. You will also be nervous in dealing with situations you're not familiar with, such as handling a weapon, or detaining a citizen for the first time. As you move up in rank and gain experience, this sort of feeling gradually fades away. When it comes to amputating citizens, ranks below 01 normally have a tough time doing so, as they have regrets and feel remorse. Over time, you become more desensitized to death, but your character should never lose their emotions fully. Even Officers have their regrets.

When it comes to dealing with your subordinate units when you're in a position of power, you should be firm and strict, but not unnecessarily harsh. Commanding units requires experience and appropriate rank. It also requires your character to be respected for their accomplishments. Respect must be earned, it's never given. It's important to be respectful to your subordinates, unless they give you a reason not to be, such as blatantly disrespecting you, or disobeying orders, in which case, you should take disciplinary action against them.

You must remember that you're on the same team as your superiors and your subordinates at all times, and you should never allow any position of power you hold to get to your head or get the best of you. Do your duty, but don't over-do your duty. Don't strive to be feared, strive to be looked up to and respected. Get your hands dirty with your subordinates, and they will look to you for guidance and follow your orders with pride.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal