Author Topic: Rant: S6 Sweep without admin auth? Endless detention? Really????!!!!  (Read 1591 times)

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
Today I was RPing getting a radio, I crashed, I came back on, and I had no idea that there was a sweep. No message to the admins, no admin even on, actually... I lost my radio, I lost my backpack, and I was sentenced to 6 Cycle Detention for possession of Level 2 Contraband. I served my time, but no one bothered to let me out, and I was stuck in detention for 1 hour. I tried raising a complaint OOCly, and ICly, but no one listened to me. I then crashed and came back, only to put in detention again for  "DCing During Detention" and so it continues. Currently my char is in the City 45 Nexus Detention Center stuck in an endless loop. I want out of the endless loop, and I want my radio back.
Mikhel Kharlamov | Alive | CWU Tier 3 |

Marcel Huber | Alive] | Living in City 45 |

Ian Kharlamov | Alive | Hiding from the CCA, after becoming AC#4 |

Dr. Cole Matthews | Alive | Administrating C45 |

Offline Cowgirl*^_^*

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rant: S6 Sweep without admin auth? Endless detention? Really????!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 08:31:19 PM »
Welcome to catalyst gaming hope your enjoying your stay.

Fucka you haters XD

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 09:38:25 PM »
I honestly think 'cycles' should be IC, and you should only spend 1 minute in detainment. It seems reasonable, and to make people sit in a dark place for an hour is just ridiculous.

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 09:55:04 PM »
I honestly think 'cycles' should be IC, and you should only spend 1 minute in detainment. It seems reasonable, and to make people sit in a dark place for an hour is just ridiculous.

Its mostly because units are too lazy to let people out, that, I will add to my rant.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 02:57:01 PM »
I personally always take a note of anyone I detain and note the time on the detainment sheet so everyone will know when their time should be up in case I'm not available for whatever reason to let them out myself to avoid people being stuck in detainment longer than they should be. Unfortunately, I'm one of maybe three other people that actually do that. On the note of getting a six cycle detainment, that's ridiculous. I was told when I was a recruit to never give more than five cycles for things, and that's pushing it even. Thirty mins. in detainment is just ridiculous. I typically don't give more than 3-4 cycles unless someone has committed so many offenses its ridiculous and I /have/ to put them in for 5 cycles. Another problem is that sometimes, people are brought in for interrogation and only interrogation, so they're left in a cell, often with no detainment sheet, until someone can interrogate them. The problem with this is, units rarely ask for an APEX unit, or any other available, authorized unit, to interrogate the person. They just leave them in the cell with no sheet and expect someone to come along and ask them why they're detained to get everything sorted out. This very thing happened to me on my citizen. I was detained for questioning about a murder. I was left in detainment for 35 mins. approximately before an OfC. finally logged on and asked me why I was in detainment   (because I had no detainment sheet) and then just released me. Its getting out of hand.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal