Author Topic: The Retard Rank (and other new ranks)  (Read 9108 times)

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Retard Rank (and other new ranks)
« on: August 16, 2011, 04:30:51 PM »
I have recently seen people with this "retard" rank or the other ranks (dont remember the others).  Anyways, in my opinion, these ranks are extremely idiotic and should be removed.  I don't even know why you would make these stupid ranks in the first place, only thing it is doing it making catalyst gaming look even more childish in my opinion.  For those who have this rank are mostly attention whores in my opinion.  Only ranks we need is member, vip, gold, cosmos dj, admin, super admin,developers, maybe overlord, and owner.  I have no clue who is making these and giving them to people but in my opinion they are fucking stupid for making them in the first place, and no, i am not raging, i am only discussing this matter.  These ranks serve no purpose and for those who do have them it seems like they are only trying to get attention.  Newcomers to catalyst gaming probably don't want to see these idiotic ranks, unless you are under the age of like 13 and find these ranks funny or cool and start asking people to give you this rank.  I tried to explain my best, but basically what i am trying to say is, these new ranks (not really ranks) should be deleted.    If i can think of any other details or etc i will post those details as well if i think of anymore or if i can think of how to explain it better.  Anyways, discuss your opinions.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:21:45 PM by CrazyNinja »

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Retard Rank (and other new ranks)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 04:33:09 PM »
For once I have to agree with this.
People with this rank think they can use it as excuse to troll the fuck out of CG and get away with it. "Because they don't know any better."
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 04:40:25 PM »
I also agree that these ranks serve no purpose. But, they are also offensive to those of us who know autistic people.  Its a serious thing and people think it's a mere joke.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 04:54:30 PM »
I don't even know why you would make these stupid ranks in the first place, only thing it is doing it making catalyst gaming look even more childish in my opinion.
Your stupid owner made them.(Even tho hes not stupid)  Oh but we already were already childish?

For those who have this rank are mostly attention whores in my opinion.
If this was the truth half of CG would have it.

Only ranks we need is member, vip, gold, cosmos dj, admin, super admin, maybe overlord, and owner. 
All we really need is Regular, Vip, Admin, Owner. The rest were given for more ranks.

I have no clue who is making these and giving them to people but in my opinion they are fucking stupid for making them in the first place, and no, i am not raging, i am only discussing this matter. 
RoflWaffle

These ranks serve no purpose and for those who do have them it seems like they are only trying to get attention. 
I already had enough attention when i didnt have it :P

Newcomers to catalyst gaming probably don't want to see these idiotic ranks, unless you are under the age of like 13 and find these ranks funny or cool and start asking people to give you this rank.
And your not even thinking what they see already? Join OCRP get rdmed at spawn. Join OCRP get called a nigger and be exposed to racism. Join hl2rp not knowing how to play and get killed/banned without getting help. That and the fact a majority of Garrysmod players are 10.

/2 cents has been thrown into the ring.

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 05:02:00 PM »
Well, the DJ rank has a purpose, its to tell those who is a DJ and theres actually a purpose/function for DJs to have.  With this retard rank, it is nothing but something stupid, i don't even know how to explain it.  Theres just no point in this rank at all.  Also, why would you make catalyst-gaming worse by adding these ranks in the first place?  Also, you said if it was for attention whores, half the server/community would have the rank.  Well regular people can't give them the rank now can they?  So this should be removed asap.

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 05:06:29 PM »
I gotta agree that some of these rank things that are necessary need to be kept, but other things don't really need to be added (i.e. Brony, Retard, Downs, Ginger, etc.).
"Groovy", "This, is my Boom stick".
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".
For funny billboards: http://majormike.us/?p=128

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »
I gotta agree that some of these rank things that are necessary need to be kept, but other things don't really need to be added (i.e. Brony, Retard, Downs, Ginger, etc.).

I agree Retard and downy is bad

But we need Ginger and Brony to classify the lower lifeforms of the community.(me)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 05:12:50 PM »
The day brony becomes an official rank on this forum is the day I will kill myself.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 05:21:21 PM »
Why are you trying to add even more stupid ranks?  Just keep the ranks that do things on the server and actually mean something. 
DJ- this means you can play music on cosmosfm and people could talk to you about songs and etc to play.
Trial DJ- You are trying to become a DJ.
Vip- this means you have donated for the server.
Gold- this means you spent even more to keep the servers up and receive more benefits.
Admin- this means you can watch over the server and ban/kick people and solve problems.
Superadmin- this means you have more power than a amdin does
Owner- you are, well the owner of the servers.
Overlord if kept- you are basicly superior to all admins, i guess...
Developers- you help make new things for the server and etc...

To add brony, or any of these childish ranks are no use and idiotic and should be removed.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 05:44:36 PM »
Agreed. Unnecessary, childish, possibly offensive to some people.

Also i think the 'Overlord' rank is nothing more than an ego-move. How about HoA since that is basically what an 'Overlord' is in the feudal system. Seems more professional.

Even SA is stupid imo. Why not 'Senior administrator'? Seems more professional and less childish. 'Super' Admin seems like you're some sort of super hero thing. And tbh, there is nothing that 'Super' about it. It's just you've got a few more admin powers.

This is just my opinion of course, but i think it would reflect a better image towards CG, other than stupidity and childisness.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 05:53:04 PM »
You guys are just blowing this up like I it was something really big.

We just gotta get rid of he retard an downs rank. No need to change names of SA or OL. Overlord is basically co-owner iMO and everyone knows that SA is just a higher position of admin.

No need to take it any further.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 05:56:55 PM »
You guys are just blowing this up like I it was something really big.

We just gotta get rid of he retard an downs rank. No need to change names of SA or OL. Overlord is basically co-owner iMO and everyone knows that SA is just a higher position of admin.

No need to take it any further.
I'm just saying, these new ranks make CG look childish and immature (Even though most of the time it is).
The other ranks i'm not too bothered about tbh, but i would like to see them changed so we look a bit more professional.
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 05:59:37 PM »
Agreed, OL and SA need name changes in order to give new members a better, if only slightly, impression of the community's maturity.
o7

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 06:07:31 PM »
Agreed, OL and SA need name changes in order to give new members a better, if only slightly, impression of the community's maturity.
Yep. First impressions are the most important in most cases, even if it is only a slight change to the ranking system.
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 07:38:56 PM »
This is very very offensive, and childish..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal