Author Topic: Computer, why you no work?  (Read 1996 times)

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Computer, why you no work?
« on: May 02, 2012, 06:51:38 PM »
Hello, I recently got a somewhat new computer from my brother.  He gave me his old computer, that still worked completely and made him a new one.  He took the hard drive out however so I had to put my same hard drive in the new one I got.  My brother formatted my computer other then steam.  However, when I started up a game, after 30minutes or so then my game would crash on me and say "not responding."  So I formatted it completely and put everything back on it and had my brother look at it and what not.  Then I started to get blue screens and crash, I figured it was over heating and put new fans and shit in it, which fixed the blue screens.  Right now however, my steam games crash within 5 minutes or on start up on me.  I installed a game I had on a disc (call of duty WaW).  It crashed within 30-40 minutes and then after I closed the "stopped responding" a error message popped up saying "Unhandled exception caught."  Now, I have formatted my computer multiple times, did tests on everything in my computer, and all kinds of shit to try to get it to work again.  Everything should be working great, but it isn't.  I don't know what to do.  I alsoat one point thought it was my hard drive, but the tests came back good.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965   Deneb 45nm Technology

RAM: 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A79T Deluxe (AM3)

Graphics: Emerson (1360x768@60Hz) 1024MB GeForce GT 440 (EVGA)

Hard Drive: 313GB Seagate ST3320813AS ATA Device (SATA)

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Computer, why you no work?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »
This issue has been fixed, it actually was overheating due to my case having horrible air circulation.  I opened the side of it up and turned on a fan on it and played a game and it din't crash.  So I think it's fixed.  Locked.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal