Author Topic: A mini-guide to help you NOT be a minge.  (Read 3150 times)

Offline The Derper

• View Profile
    • Awards
A mini-guide to help you NOT be a minge.
« on: November 01, 2011, 10:08:05 PM »
First off, don't fucking mingerun. Even if the admin/combine can't see you, just don't do it. Second, Use grammar. I'm getting tired of people not using grammar IC. Third, DO NOT MINGEGRAB. It's annoying and destroys rp. Use /me whenever you're about to grab/take something. (I.E: /me grabs the man's body, carrying it into the alleyway to revive him.) Fourth, And this is important, DO NOT USE HACKS OR CHEATS. Seriously, it just deletes roleplay. Fifth, don't abuse P&E, these flags might be easy to obtain but that doesn't mean you can abuse them. So please, don't abuse any ability you get. (I.E. getting buisness permit, buying illegal items and reporting them to cops as contraband.) Well, that's my little guide to help you not be a minge. KTHXBAI.
[Insert witty comment here]

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A mini-guide to help you NOT be a minge.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:05:55 AM »
I think the most important thing to remember is to allow time for other players to react to your actions.

Saying "/me runs away" and sprinting off still counts as mingerunning.
Now, if you said something like "/me begins to sprint for the tunnel" and stood and waited for the other player's counter-/me, that would be acceptable.
o7

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 09:13:24 AM »
I think the most important thing to remember is to allow time for other players to react to your actions.

Now, if you said something like "/me begins to sprint for the tunnel" and stood and waited for the other player's counter-/me, that would be acceptable.

I can not tell you how many times I've been bitched at by a member simply because I had done something, after they have said /me runs off. I usually just shoot them in the legs.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 11:07:15 PM »
Also, another thing that people do if failrp in certain situations, like if a CP is there pointing a freakin' shotty in their face they stay there like, "SHOOT ME FUCKER! FJKSKSDK" that is really obnoxious and makes me want to kick a duckling.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 06:22:08 AM »
I agree with this thread, it has some goods tips how not to be minge.
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline PLUMPDRAGONFLY

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 04:44:13 AM »

I can not tell you how many times I've been bitched at by a member simply because I had done something, after they have said /me runs off. I usually just shoot them in the legs.

This, this, a million times this. I can't tell you how many times I've had to deal with idiots doing this in my past of gmod RP. One of the most common annoyances, by far.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 02:31:55 PM »
I had an encounter with a CP unit last night who kept spamming "Move along" and "Move it" binds at me when I was clearly making a /me. There are mingey CPs as well. This shouldn't be happening, and it's a bannable offense anyway. Next time I won't let it slide. And if you guys see CPs who don't allow for reaction time, report the abuser to an admin.
o7

Offline NS | Night

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 01:26:19 PM »
Very helpful. People should keep this in mind.

Offline SinfullSkill

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 05:42:57 PM »
I've seen lots of minges on lately ;/

Offline CrazedKiller

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 03:02:08 AM »
You forgot something, stalking CP's i saw this massive group of people stalking the only CP on the server, when he ran they would run after him. It was realy annoying to him and some other people who were not stalking him.

Stalking is a minge because it is out of Charicter, mostly when lots of people are doing it at the same time to one person.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal