Author Topic: Erik Parker's Notebook  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Airforce32123

• View Profile
    • Awards
Erik Parker's Notebook
« on: January 16, 2012, 11:24:52 PM »
//I've decided that to further develop my character's backstory, I should write a journal! Such an original idea, right? Well in the couple weeks I've had the character I did some thinking about a backstory. My rough backstory is that he's a pretty smart guy(not genius level mind you) who has taken a fond interest in understanding how things work. So I thought that it would be a neat idea if, everytime he found something of interest, to take it apart, draw it, write some notes about it, and put it back together. Not to mention recording daily activities and such. But anyway, here goes.

It's been about two weeks since I got to City 45, not the greatest place, but it's not like I had any choice in the matter anyway. The people seem nice enough. I even met two nice enough to consider friends. A woman named Taylor, Tyler? Well something like that anyway. The other was a tall black man, he had a distinctive x-shaped scar on his face, he had a friend called "Law". Not sure if that was his name or his nick name or what? But I've been lucky so far. Grabbed myself a nice apartment, scrounged up a table and a couple chairs. I even found a TV! I'm not sure if it works though, I can't wait to take it apart and see what's inside. Maybe tomorrow. Just yesterday I found this notebook I'm writing in now. It was tucked away behind the fridge, I can understand why someone would want to hide it. Other than the first few pages it's completely empty, a rare find nowadays. But it's getting late and I don't want my light attracting the Civil Protection, I can't stand them.

Woke up in the middle of the night, hearing odd noises from the Nexus. First time this has happened since I've been here. It sounds like a saw scraping metal. I hope it stops soon. I could really use some sleep.

Erik Parker - Alive - Resident of City 45

Offline Airforce32123

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Erik Parker's Notebook
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:43:51 PM »
//Didn't actually get on the server today, it was frozen most of the time, so I'll just improv some stuff. Obviously the picture is supposed to be integrated into the journal, thought it would be a neat idea given my character's affinity for knowledge.

What a day. Terrible rain storm. I spent the majority of my time in my apartment, cleaning, sleeping, looking out the window. This is the only time I have ever felt sympathy for Civil Protection. Standing out in the rain, hour after hour. I got bored and took apart my flashlight. The UU doesn't issue us the most extravagant of technology, but it serves its purpose. I was actually eager to get the opportunity to examine it, and I'm glad I did. I made some comprehensive drawings, took a couple notes.

Haven't seen many other citizens out today, probably avoiding the rain and sleeping in.

I wonder what other things I could take apart...

Offline Airforce32123

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Erik Parker's Notebook
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 07:00:57 PM »
// Been a while since I've put an entry in here, thought it might be about time. It's not like it has to be daily or anything.

The days just roll on by. I can't seem to remember where they go, I can hardly remember what happens, they just go. I find I'm spending a lot more time in D6, I can get away from Civil Protection and the majority of the citizens. I spend hours just sitting in my apartment, napping or re-reading a book. It's infuriating. I wish I could find a purpose of some kind, a goal that drives me to achieve something. But I can't seem to manage that.

Sometime about a week ago, I recall being told to go to the train station, for what reason I can't remember. There was an emergency or something. It was bad, but the one event that stuck out in my mind was seeing the advisor of the CWU toy with us. Every couple of minutes he'd pull some variety of food out of his bag, and throw them into the crowd, just to watch us fight for it. I wanted to do something. The beatings I can take, the random searches I can take, even the constant ordering around I can take. But this, I couldn't take.

That event might be part of what's causing me to avoid people so much. I don't want to deal with this, this deranged model of society, it's too much to bear. I need to relieve myself some way.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal