Author Topic: Loyalist Points System  (Read 6089 times)

Offline Sean Archer

• I do love me some titty sprinkles...
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Loyalist Points System
« on: March 23, 2012, 01:06:28 PM »
How comes the Loyalist Points system was removed? I'm not aware of this and I was just wanting to know.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Loyalist Points System
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 03:26:05 PM »
Commanders decided to remove it after it was decided the system was too easily manipulated by people whoring points.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:12:23 AM by GeneralTrivium »

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 04:49:01 PM »
Because of people abusing it. I just want to know how they aim to replace it.

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 04:53:16 PM »
How comes the Loyalist Points system was removed? I'm not aware of this and I was just wanting to know.

Wait, are you saying they removed the entire LP system and now you can't recieve points?

So what, are the CCA applications being given out to people without Loyaltist Armbands now?

This isn't making much since to me as well. Please do tell me what they did to it.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »
You can apply for the CCA without any loyalist points.

Rewards are replaced with rations and other goody goodies.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 06:41:27 PM »
As far as I know, you can apply for the CCA but your records are checked to make sure you're clearly not a criminal. I'm sure something will come up soon enough to replace it, but I'm actually glad the points system is gone now. In fact, I think there should be a halt on CCA recruiting until we come up with another system. This will give UNIFORM, and everyone who has a recruit training permit a nice break from training, the time we gain from not training constantly can be used to ICly put in place and enforce a new system after its thought of, and it would allow us a get a firm grip on what we have now. What I mean by that is, get our shit back together and straighten out what we have, rather than take on more right now.

Offline Semiorph

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 06:56:24 PM »
As far as I know, you can apply for the CCA but your records are checked to make sure you're clearly not a criminal. I'm sure something will come up soon enough to replace it, but I'm actually glad the points system is gone now. In fact, I think there should be a halt on CCA recruiting until we come up with another system. This will give UNIFORM, and everyone who has a recruit training permit a nice break from training, the time we gain from not training constantly can be used to ICly put in place and enforce a new system after its thought of, and it would allow us a get a firm grip on what we have now. What I mean by that is, get our shit back together and straighten out what we have, rather than take on more right now.
I agree with what Airborne says here. If the point system has been removed then the CCA should work to find a new system so that they aren't just building up any problems they may come along as a result of the lack of a system. This break might also give time for the CCA to organize themselves a bit it whatever ways they may need to.
HL2RP Characters
CCA.C45.APEX-02.929: Maintaing sociostabilty

Offline Cux

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 12:07:30 AM »
Hmm..kinda disappointed the loyalty points were taken off, I mean, now there are less reasons for citizens to be loyal to the combine? I once saw a bunch of citizens doing a lot of work (not knowing the loyalty points system were taken off) and all they got for a reward was a drink?       
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in  their home."
-Kenneth Olsen, President and Founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, in 1977

"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
-Charles H. Duell, U.S. Commissioner of Patents, in 1899

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 06:14:54 AM »
Real loyalists are loyal not because of the reward, but because they sympathise with the Union and their goals.

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 01:00:15 AM »
Real loyalists are loyal not because of the reward, but because they sympathise with the Union and their goals.

90% of units are ICly most likely joining for the benefits. Would you join an extremist group that beats and kills people in front of you daily, just because you believe in it? Nope, its because of the rewards in it.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Cux

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 07:20:30 AM »

Yes, so I shall spend my life on HL2RP cleaning the trash, raking the leaves, wiping windows, cleaning the gutters for no reward at all because I " sympathise with the Union and their goals."     
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in  their home."
-Kenneth Olsen, President and Founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, in 1977

"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
-Charles H. Duell, U.S. Commissioner of Patents, in 1899

Offline Sean Archer

• I do love me some titty sprinkles...
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 07:54:40 AM »
I don't know how there gonna replace it if they decide to replace it, but I bet being able to apply for CCA will just be based on your char's info, if it has a clean record. Don't know though.

Offline Dragon Dildo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »
Citizens shouldn't be asking for jobs, they should be assigned to them.
HL2RP Characters
Jim Boyle - Obeying the Combine in City
Marcus Nicholson - Getting used to City
Heikki Savolainen - Relaxing in D6.
Cliff Westburgh - Hunting rats in D6.
Chandler Hetfield (Outlands) - Trying to find his bearings.
Joey Geller (Outlands) - Sitting in the clinic with his left leg broken.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 12:09:23 PM »

Yes, so I shall spend my life on HL2RP cleaning the trash, raking the leaves, wiping windows, cleaning the gutters for no reward at all because I " sympathise with the Union and their goals."   

Because obviously that's all loyalists are for. No, loyalty is fuck all to do with raking the leaves, it's about sticking your neck out to report crime and anti-civil activity. Provide the Union with information on criminals etc.

I didn't so much as spit on a window as a citizen to get my loyalist status.

Cleaning the streets/windows whatever is NOT anything special and people should certainly not be considered a "loyalist" for doing such things, they are your duty as a citizen.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:11:45 PM by GeneralTrivium »

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 03:33:10 PM »

90% of units are ICly most likely joining for the benefits. Would you join an extremist group that beats and kills people in front of you daily, just because you believe in it? Nope, its because of the rewards in it.

Yeah if you play the first level of Half life two before exiting the train station you can talk to some of the citizens getting their rations from the machine and they say stuff like " I might join the Civil Protection so I don't have to eat this crap" not a direct quote because I forgot some but they all mention because they all share the same lines that they would join the Civil protection for the benefits.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal