Author Topic: About the EMS revive timer  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
About the EMS revive timer
« on: May 15, 2013, 03:08:12 AM »
I do really like the idea of the revive time when you use defibrillators as EMS.

But! The revive timer should be like 10-30 seconds. Not like it is now when you revive someone and they die again shortly(example in a fire), then they can't be revived again.

I came to think of it because i was playing EMS and there was a fire in a house. I asked the fireman to make a way through the fire so i could revive a dying person inside. He did so, and i had the person revived, but as we all know, the fire spreads.. Almost out of the door a "fire" caught the person i had revived, and he died again, and he couldn't be revived again! :'(

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: About the EMS revive timer
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 03:22:17 AM »
I think it's more in play so NLR can be followed and also medics can't be abused. What if cops can constantly be quickly and constantly be revived? Police raids would ultimately lead to a police victory. Or turn the tables and have a house full of bad guys getting raided by cops but have a medic as hostage making him revive the fallen then cops wouldn't be able to do much at that point.

I completely understand where your coming from but I think it's made the way it is for a reason. Sometimes life just sucks.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 04:04:13 AM »
But with a 30 secs timer it wouldn't be possible to "spam" revive :)
The death timer is like a minute or so, therefore 30 seconds revive timer, so it wont be abused.

Or maybe make it possible to revive a person 2 times instead?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 08:30:40 AM »
I'd rather see it on first death, you can be revived, but if you die again within the cooldown, you die forever.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 12:28:21 PM »
Binary, already got a suggestion for the medic stuff btw: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=24902.0

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 01:14:24 PM »
I'd rather see it on first death, you can be revived, but if you die again within the cooldown, you die forever.
But still... What if the fire catches a player within he/she can make it out? Then they are dead forever anyway :s

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 07:10:03 PM »
But still... What if the fire catches a player within he/she can make it out? Then they are dead forever anyway :s
Put out the fire before reviving the person.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal