Author Topic: Suggestions for Dispatcher  (Read 1200 times)

Offline ?????¬??

• An Idiot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Suggestions for Dispatcher
« on: May 13, 2013, 03:01:44 PM »
While playing as a dispatcher, I've noticed the following shortcomings:
  • Player joining/leaving government job message should contain which job the player has joined/left; it is difficult to keep a list of who is what updated, when you have to scour the scoreboard for changes
  • Emergency phone call should have an indication that the call is emergency, and not a regular call

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggestions for Dispatcher
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 03:30:22 PM »
While playing as a dispatcher, I've noticed the following shortcomings:
  • Player joining/leaving government job message should contain which job the player has joined/left; it is difficult to keep a list of who is what updated, when you have to scour the scoreboard for changes
  • Emergency phone call should have an indication that the call is emergency, and not a regular call

Maybe not these ideas specifically but I do like the idea of the dispatcher having a menu similar to that of the police chief but for all government jobs. Where they can view them. Also I always wanted that menu to have unit numbers for each person, that person would know their number because as a government person you would have something in the top left hand corner next to the time saying it.

Offline ?????¬??

• An Idiot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggestions for Dispatcher
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 03:48:34 PM »
-snip-

Maybe not these ideas specifically but I do like the idea of the dispatcher having a menu similar to that of the police chief but for all government jobs. Where they can view them. Also I always wanted that menu to have unit numbers for each person, that person would know their number because as a government person you would have something in the top left hand corner next to the time saying it.

That would definitely make the job much easier, along with my suggestions. I've actually kept a list myself of everyone and his/her call sign. Sometimes, though, it gets disorganized when several people change jobs. I've had to wipe my list and go through every unit, assigning them a call sign at one point. The only thing I'd have to do myself after this is track which units are sharing a vehicle, and who is doing what.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal