Author Topic: /a Stuck/Respawn  (Read 3254 times)

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
/a Stuck/Respawn
« on: May 12, 2013, 10:34:23 PM »
I wanted to suggest a simple idea, easy to code (Experience) to help people who get stuck. It happens all the time and people just say "/a Help I am stuck." An administrator comes (Sometimes) and helps them and they go on their way. But after doing that for a while I would imagine that it is frustrating after a while.

So why not make it so that when you type either /a Stuck or /a Respawn it doesn't necessarily go to the administrators but it shows a hint that says in ten seconds or twenty or whatever you will be respawned. Maybe 15 at least because if someone does that then they may want to holster their stuff if they haven't and some weapons take ten seconds to do (ARs and Shotguns).

Very simple and basic yet useful. If there are unresponsive/no administrators available it would be helpful to them, and to administrators who simply don't want to deal with a "/a Help I am stuck!" all the time.

Also during the 10-20 second period that you wait, you cannot move (You can turn, although I don't think it counts as moving anyway) or do any kind of action. If you do, it is canceled. And that is how you can cancel it if something happens. But the main reason is for people evading RP. I would imagine this would be used by people trying to escape situations.

But even that timer isn't enough to stop some people, so just as a little extra so people know that the person they are interacting with is respawning is to have a Red text above their head saying,"Respawning in ##."

One last thing to add, people in prison shouldn't be able to use /a Stuck /a Respawn.

So that is my idea, very simple and it would be a useful tool for pretty much everyone.

Post if you agree/disagree. Not sure what reasons there are to not have it so please post them.

Offline MOOcow

• MOO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: /a Stuck/Respawn
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 10:37:09 PM »
I like the idea, I just feel that people will use it in raid situations where the raider keeps breaking lockpicks/takes more than 20 seconds to break in. You could pack up and respawn before the raider gets in.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 10:39:45 PM »
I like the idea, I just feel that people will use it in raid situations where the raider keeps breaking lockpicks/takes more than 20 seconds to break in. You could pack up and respawn before the raider gets in.

Well it takes time for stuff to grow, they can respawn and pack some shrooms up but if they just placed Weed then they have to wait/defend it. And even without this they can still pack up as the raider is trying to get in and then just let themselves die and have the stuff in their inventory. So in the Civilian raiding Civilian occasion it wouldn't really benefit them much. And in all situations involving a raid with police or civilians an admin can still do something about it because they cheated to escape.

Offline Jake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:51:53 PM »

Well it takes time for stuff to grow, they can respawn and pack some shrooms up but if they just placed Weed then they have to wait/defend it. And even without this they can still pack up as the raider is trying to get in and then just let themselves die and have the stuff in their inventory. So in the Civilian raiding Civilian occasion it wouldn't really benefit them much. And in all situations involving a raid with police or civilians an admin can still do something about it because they cheated to escape.

I agree with MOOcow, I think this could be very useful.

+SUPPORT

I know 4 different coding languages, learning LUA right now. aw yis

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 11:29:39 PM »
This was suggested before. It was denied for the reason people would use it to get out of situations such as raids, running from the cops, etc.

Ill keep it open in case people may have changed their minds.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 12:36:56 AM »
I don't really agree with this suggestion. I used to have a similar standpoint, but its too easy to abuse. People already break fearRP rules and disconnect to avoid stuff, this would just give them another way. Admins usually respond to me when I'm stuck, I've never really had to wait for an incredibly long period of time.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 05:55:38 AM »
This is not going to happen. Like people have mentioned, this is to easy to abuse, to get out of a situation like a raid, or police chase.

There's always been a command called ocrp2_respawnme. It only works if you are stuck out of the map btw.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Jake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: /a Stuck/Respawn
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 09:37:50 AM »
This is not going to happen. Like people have mentioned, this is to easy to abuse, to get out of a situation like a raid, or police chase.

There's always been a command called ocrp2_respawnme. It only works if you are stuck out of the map btw.

Would being stuck in a pole be counted as being outside the map? XD

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I know 4 different coding languages, learning LUA right now. aw yis

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 11:15:32 AM »
I don't really agree with this suggestion. I used to have a similar standpoint, but its too easy to abuse. People already break fearRP rules and disconnect to avoid stuff, this would just give them another way. Admins usually respond to me when I'm stuck, I've never really had to wait for an incredibly long period of time.

FearRP not so much. I said that something with a timer should be above their heads and a mugger could simply punch them or something. And I have been stuck many times and had to rejoin because there were no administrators or they weren't listening to the /a.

And just call an admin if someone did use it. Besides, like I said before raids wouldn't really help them that much. You can still just as easily save you stuff without it as you can with this command.

Re-read what I said in my posts. If theres a time above them they cannot really evade much. Plus they cannot move, if they are being chased they have to move.

RAIDS WILL NOT BE DIFFERENT. How does it help them in any way? There is still a timer on stuff growing. So you have to defend it. And if you are worried about being arrested after you collected your stuff then even without it they can get out. Cops don't know who is who in a house. Therefore they aren't arrested unless they are the owner and the police found that out in some way. Which is usually when that person complains that it is obvious.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:20:30 AM by [S-ZPS] Sherman [EC] »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 11:39:16 AM »
RAIDS WILL NOT BE DIFFERENT. How does it help them in any way? There is still a timer on stuff growing. So you have to defend it. And if you are worried about being arrested after you collected your stuff then even without it they can get out. Cops don't know who is who in a house. Therefore they aren't arrested unless they are the owner and the police found that out in some way. Which is usually when that person complains that it is obvious.

Say you are being held hostage, what would stop the player from doing the unstuck command, and just stand still for 20 seconds (lets say that is the delay).

Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
Maybe make it so it shows locally. So the person who is holding the one doing the command hostage has proof that they're exploiting the command.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 12:19:15 PM »
Maybe make it so it shows locally. So the person who is holding the one doing the command hostage has proof that they're exploiting the command.

What if somebody is left at the suburban area (ran out of gas, hostage takers left him there, or whatever), and just wants a free ride back to spawn?

I really don't think this is a good idea, and it can be abused way to easily.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 12:28:15 PM »

Say you are being held hostage, what would stop the player from doing the unstuck command, and just stand still for 20 seconds (lets say that is the delay).

Then the hostage taker would simply punch them when they started to do it because of the text above their head which would stop it and they would call an admin. And hostages can still disconnect. It would be the same thing if they did it and in both ways they would get in trouble.

What if somebody is left at the suburban area (ran out of gas, hostage takers left him there, or whatever), and just wants a free ride back to spawn?

I really don't think this is a good idea, and it can be abused way to easily.

Since is a /a thing administrators would still see it. If they notice someone exploiting it they may punish that player. Also for that reason you gave I think 20 seconds- 30 would be better. And who cares? So what, they spend 20 seconds waiting to go to spawn so be it. If anything it speeds up RP. Now im not saying people should do it but, again, they can be punished as it is an exploit.

By way Crap-Head, it is really simple to code. Why not try it out for a week and see what happens. If people constantly abuse it then remove it. If not and people find it useful, keep it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:35:39 PM by [S-ZPS] Sherman [EC] »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal