Author Topic: [DENIED]Johnathan Benjamin Dorian's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Benler

• View Profile
    • Awards
Johnathan Benjamin Dorian's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Dr. John Dorian

IC Character Name: Johnathan Benjamin Dorian

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
John, up until this point, has led a rather difficult life. He wants to feel like he’s contributing more to the city than just being a simple Citizen. One day, while he was reading about Headcrab Anatomy, he realized that a standard issue 9mm would easily break through their weak skin. He imagined himself, as a member of the CCA, fighting off a large Headcrab infestation. This gave him a thrill he couldn’t even begin to explain.

He saw himself holding the 9mm in his hand-- planting a bullet into each headcrab. He nailed every single shot. He had a lot of target practice with his old BB gun when he was a child. John knew that this is his calling-- to protect and serve the society put in place by our benefactors. He wants the feeling of rising through the ranks and becoming a high ranking unit. He wants the respect that the Combine demand. That is the series of thoughts that made him realize that the CCA is his calling.

He is fascinated by the Combine’s way of life. They are so well organized and have many interesting tactics and regulations. John longs to serve our benefactors that have worked so hard to establish and protect the society that has been put in place. He is very grateful to the Combine for setting up such a great society. He wants to “repay” them so to speak, so he is ready to give his mind, soul, and body to the CCA and the Universal Union.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Agile, Focused, Determined, Humble

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I expect it to be similar to any other CCA on other servers. I’ve been a unit on several other servers and I usually get a similar experience in each. A lot of passive RP, with a bit of action every now and then. Following orders, patrolling, clamping, sometimes breaching. Nothing really new. As far as passive goes, I expect a lot of simple patrolling and telling citizens to isolate. Then, of course, there is the training.

I expect a few sessions of training. Breach training, target shooting maybe. Of course, after that, is divisional training. My character is gonna need it. Then I’m going to be looking for contraband and doing the best I can to get on higher ups’ good sides, without seeming obsequious, I hope. I don’t want to stay at RCT for a long time, heh.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
John Dorian. 6'1", dark brown hair, blue eyes, twenty four years old, good with his hands, and quite a fast runner although a bit on the weak side. What could be so special about him? John's life began in Central America. It was stable before the combine came. For a few years, he had loving parents, but was an only child. Growing up in the rural areas of central America, mostly farmland, he was naturally a strong, healthy boy. The fact that his parents were naturally clever and ingenious only motivated the boy to be like them. He moved into the suburbs at the tender age of 5 to be with his relatives.

There, he attended public school until grade eight, where in order to continue schooling, he had to pay. He did everything, he sold on street corners, to houses, businesses, and was going well. Until the seven hour war. As the combine raided the nearby city, he remained at home, oblivious to what was occurring. When he went to walk to the city, he realized it was in flames. He ran back home, hoping to see his relatives. Were they dead? No, thank god, but the combine have arrived, he ran home only to see a glimpse of them being wrangled and shipped somewhere else. The child was then carried by the neck to a transport vehicle, where they were dropped into filthy profligate camps.

There, he lived for eleven more years. The horrors he had seen. Combine could be seen in the towers in the distance. Armed, yet not attentive. They watched as many atrocities were committed by the people. John, being young, was not given much rations by the combine. He grew weaker, the only thing he could do was work. The combine had mandatory working shifts for all the people in the camp. Those who did not comply were amputated. Those who did were given a very small extra ration. There is where John worked for most of his life, his natural talent with his hands when he was young allowed him to surpass almost all the workers there. He earned a very small reputation from the combine. They gave him even more rations. He flourished as others around him died. He never saw his relatives in his life. At the age of twenty one, he became comfortable with this enslavement. Unlike most people there, he was morally stable. This cost him his reputation in the camp. He was targeted by the scum of the camp. They sometimes took his extra rations, beat him, and the sorts. One day, he saw the usual gang of ruffians walking toward him. John's intuition telling him to go somewhere he knew was safe. He ran toward the towers, hoping to get the combine to act. Only after a brutal beating did the combine kill his assailants. He was grateful to them, yet intended malice toward them. These mixed emotions caused him conflict for the years to come. Everyday he questioned whether to be angry or glad. In the long run, John believed that he was glad they at least killed him. If he was still in the camp, the people would just watch as he died. The internal conflict was over, but now he was insecure of himself. How could a small person like him be of any use to the combine? He did the only thing he could do, work. He worked harder and harder everyday he lived because he knew he was loyal to them. He owed them his life now because of them.

At the age of twenty four, he was then one of the only ten selected to go to a City. "Ciudad diesiocho" the locals called it. There were rumors of a paradise, free from all of this crime. The combine roamed the streets, treating the citizens with respect. They had enough luxury to be comfortable, they were the elite. To know that John was one of them was the best moment of his life. Before he left, he had new clothes, tried out new food, and was given some strange form of currency known as tokens. The people swarmed him. As he walked through the camp to leave, people held on to his clothes, attempting to deter him. The people were just weak from famine and imprisonment. John felt sad while walking through them. It was the first time he had felt it in a while. He left, thinking about the life ahead of him. Then he arrived to a strange city. He heard the speakers say City Forty-Five. John almost wanted to cry in joy. The fantasy of hundreds, his reality. He walked with pride through the city. As he lived there for a few weeks, he realized it was not the paradise he imagined it would be. The combine treated citizens with assertiveness but no respect. They got infrequent rations. The city was not very populated. But, to him it was still heaven, to be free of the purgatory of a camp. He lived, and was genuinely happy. He had the utmost respect for the combine, and utmost hatred for people who weren't combine loyal. One day, he applied to the combine forces and is waiting for results.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Never had one on Catalyst specifically.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Three years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
A year and a half.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I played for about two months last summer, and I am now getting back into HL2rp on Catalyst this summer.

4. What Time zone are you in?
-8 PDT.

5. In what country do you live?
United States.

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My favorite experience when a Resistance member and I had a good gunfight on another HL2RP server with an 02. Both of us shot to miss, and when we did get hit, we’d rp out the injury. It led to a REALLY fun session of RP, where, after his roll beat mine, I got gassed by Tear Gas, and he retreated to tend to his injuries. Even though I lost, both of us had a lot of fun and agreed it was some of the best RP either of us had. I guess you’d have to be there. It doesn’t sound as good when I write it out now. Oh well, that was a pretty awesome night.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Johnathan Benjamin Dorian
CID: 13175
Height: Six feet one inch.
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 149lbs
Mental Distinctions: Above average memory, can quickly make calls in times of peril.
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: Intelligence is somewhat above average, though not greatly.
Notable Qualities: Has lived in poverty-stricken areas, so he can go longer without food and not feel as fatigued as the average man. Knows a few survival techniques.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I have not.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to repay my benefactors for allowing me to live in better conditions than I did previously. This society is better than any I have lived in before, and I feel it is my moral duty to give my body, life, and soul to those who saved me and allowed me this opportunity.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Johnathan Benjamin Dorian hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:33:27 AM by Smt »

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Johnathan Benjamin Dorian's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:47:49 AM »
UNIT: 313
DIVISION: APEX
CLEARANCE: DIVISIONAL LEADER
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Johnathan Dorian>
Citizen Identification Number: 13175

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| // Backstory does not make sense. When the combine invaded they killed every minor, aswell as your backstory claims there has passed more than 11 years since they invaded. There were also no camps, as everyone would have either been killed or placed in Cities. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal