Author Topic: [DENIED]Winston Morse.'s Civil Authority Application  (Read 991 times)

Offline Billy Maize

• View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED]Winston Morse.'s Civil Authority Application
« on: March 30, 2012, 02:12:59 PM »
Winston Morse.'s Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Billy Maize

IC Character Name: Winston Morse.

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
 Winston wants to join the Combine Civil Authority mainly to help out society. He has always wanted to help maintain civil order in the Combine's many cities. In a way to maintain order, Winston really wants to get rid of undesirables, such as rebels, in the city. He believes that the Combine are doing a great good for humanity, and wants to help the Combine in that good service.

Winston also wants to give back to society for all it has given him. A good house, food, water, and a great city to live in. The ability to give back is not given to a whole lot of citizens, and Winston wants to take advantage of this opportunity. He believes that getting rid of or disciplining rebels will be doing a great service to the society of City 45, and other cities in general.

Winston has always greatly respected authority figures in his life. From parents, to teachers, to police officers. He even, briefly, considered being a police officer. Since his first city, City 18, he has been extremely loyal to the Combine and wanted to be part of them, for the greater good of society. He realized that he would be doing a good service for, in fact, all humans, just as police officers did in his old residence. Another contributing factor to this want to become a CCA officer was seeing all of those rebellious citizens in the streets. Getting rid of the rebels would be a dream job for him.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
 Winston is a very trusting, loyal, smart, and jokey guy. He trusts most anyone that he meets, he knows that he can trust most people in the city. He tries to help out the Combine in as many ways as possible, very loyal to the cause. He has always been smart, people have been telling him that since his school days, where he also got great grades. He'll always try to make you laugh, unless the situation is very serious.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
 I am expecting the CCA to be, at first, a bit challenging. It might have a big learning curve for me. I will probably mess up a couple times, but nothing too major I hope. More specifically, I might forget to RP doing some actions, as I do a lot as a citizen. Also, I might do something wrong in a call, maybe be a little too harsh for the particular offense.

I'm expecting that being a CCA officer will be a lot different from being your ordinary citizen. Having the authority to command citizens around is a big responsibility. I might go a little overboard with the power at first, but hopefully not enough that it disrupts civil order. It will also be very different, bossing citizens around instead of CCA's bossing me around.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
 Winston was born in Great Britain on August 3rd, 1987. He excelled in his school classes, always getting A's for his entire school career. He enjoyed learning, particularly about History. A recluse throughout his school days and working days, he did not have too many friends, only a few close ones that he always talked to. Even though he was very intelligent and always had some big thought on his mind, he kept to himself at school and while working.

Even at a young age, he deeply appreciated film and his aspiration was to become a film director, a goal that he carried until the 7 hour war and the combine uprising. He would always have a video camera in his hands, filming an improvised movie with friends, or anything he thought was interesting. Unfortunately, due to the combine uprising, he was not able to become the famous film director he always wanted to be. While he did direct a few, low-budget pictures, it was nothing major that a film studio could back up.

The Seven Hour War was devastating to Winston, it caught him, like other people, by total surprise. Winston's whole house started shaking. At first, he thought it was an earthquake. A reason to panic, sure, but nothing as devastating and terrifying as a portal storm. He ran downstairs into his crawlspace, full of cobwebs and old boxes, waiting out the terrifying portal storms. When Combine started searching houses, he was found. Winston was extremely confused, he had no idea who the men were. He was taken to City 18, the details of the relocation are still a bit fuzzy in his head.

At City 18, he made many enemies and friends, as he did in City 45. Not having very much knowledge about how the Combine worked or what to do, he was confused at first. He eventually warmed up to the idea of the Combine, trying to help them out as much as possible. However, for mysterious reasons, he was relocated to City 45 just a few days ago, and has been there ever since.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Since Oct. 2008

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Since around mid 2010

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Since Sept. 3, 2011

4. What Time zone are you in?
UTC-7

5. In what country do you live?
United States

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
On the CG HL2rp server, I was just hanging around in my apartment. Suddenly, I heard some talking upstairs. I decided to eavesdrop on the conversation for a while. Eventually, the man in the conversation was exposed as a resistance member. The man brutally beat and knocked out the woman, and I heard the whole thing. I pulled out my request device in panic, and the CCA were there in a matter of minutes. They ran into the house, questioned the male, and detained him. The woman stood outside of the UCH, changed by what just happened to her.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Winston Morse.
CID: 70678
Height: 6' 1"
Hair Colour Dark Red
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 173 lb.
Mental Distinctions: Ambitious, Persistent.
Mental Defects: Hesitates when given a big choice or opportunity. Very quiet unless with friends.
Mental Advantages: Above average intelligence, fast learner.
Notable Qualities: Patient and Polite.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Yes, once. I was walking to my apartment with a group of (loyalist) friends, just for a friendly conversation. Some CCA officers decided to come knock on the door, I opened up, they tied us up and searched us. They found no contraband, but they brought one person away for not eating his rations.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, usually a couple minutes after I receive them.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I am willing to die for the Universal Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I accept the responsibility.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, as long as I live, I will serve the Universal Union loyally and faithfully.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I've always wanted to enforce the law and protect the good people of the city. I also want to serve society and keep social order. Finally, I would like to give back to the Universal Union for all they have done for us.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Winston Morse. hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:28:17 AM by DJ Purple »

Offline Saints Sasha

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Winston Morse.'s Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »
UNIT: 226
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Officer.
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Winston Morse>
Citizen Identification Number: 70678

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| The applicant joined in December 2011, he has exactly 10 posts. When I went to check them I realized he has been post whoring all day today. Denied. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.226>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
-Half-Life 2 Characters-

C45.CCA.S1-RCT.226

UU.COTA-THETA.OWR.23988

C45.CCA.JURY-05.034