Author Topic: My keyboard is being dumb  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My keyboard is being dumb
« on: December 17, 2012, 09:18:43 AM »
Having an issue with my keybord.

A while back i spilled some nestea onto my keyboard, i managed to clean it up fairly quickly. Though, C and V became slightly sticky, no major problem, but they lost their clicklyness slightly (mech. keyboard) and just didnt feel right, they still worked though.

Some days later C and V were perfectly normal and remained so for quite some time. Now today they've returned to their state of being a bit sticky and not so clickly, and i have no idea what is causing it. I havnt spilled anything new, nor have I done anything out of the ordinary with it. Only thing i can think of would be the temperature which cuases whatever mass there is left in there to be sticky/solid/whatever

Any help appreciated thanks

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My keyboard is being dumb
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 09:58:27 AM »
You could try cleaning out every key that is sticky.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 10:10:50 AM »
Already did multiple times, its not possible to get further than the surface / sides of the switch, but i guess i could try again.

Offline Mr. Busch

• #Bluesquad
    #2Termz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 06:41:37 PM »
Depending on the brand of the keyboard, you might be able to remove the actual keys. When I had my old keyboard, I had the same problem but instead of nestea I spilled some coke on it and it conformed with some crumbs also in the cracks and it got under the key and just crusted up. I just took off the key and went at it with a pen and it cleared it up. If you cant do that, you can buy like a aerosol can with a small tube in the front and its designed to get under the keys and used compressed air to clear it out. Thats better than the "stab with pen" idea, but its not as fun.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:44:31 PM by Mr.Christmas-toes »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal