Author Topic: Lag on all MP games  (Read 5516 times)

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lag on all MP games
« on: November 18, 2011, 10:18:35 PM »
This started out of the blue a few weeks ago and it is getting on my last FUCKING nerve. BFBC2 lags like a prick, Gmod lags like a prick, GTA IV lags like a prick etc...

I've always lagged a little but it's never been this bad. Does anyone have any suggestions or a full blown solution to sorting this out? I'll specify some details if need be.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Phalanx

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lag on all MP games
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 10:20:07 PM »
Have you tried minimizing use of internet while you're playing? Have you tried minimizing downloads, etc.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 10:22:41 PM »
Have you tried minimizing use of internet while you're playing? Have you tried minimizing downloads, etc.
I usually only ever use the game and nothing else.
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 10:24:25 PM »
Is it FPS lag or internet lagg?
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 10:26:19 PM »
Is it FPS lag or internet lagg?
Internet. Btw I'm using Windows Vista Professional, 32 bit.
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 10:36:44 PM »
Open your processes and exit anything you aren't using, and by anything, I mean everything- even explorer.exe. Just the "New Task" button to navigate. Make sure nobody in your house is installing anything big, and make sure you yourself aren't installing anything big.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 11:00:10 PM »
Open your processes and exit anything you aren't using, and by anything, I mean everything- even explorer.exe. Just the "New Task" button to navigate. Make sure nobody in your house is installing anything big, and make sure you yourself aren't installing anything big.
I'll try it out tomorrow (Later on) but right now I have sleeps. Night.
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 06:17:44 AM »

That is the stupidest idea I've ever heard...
Unfortunately I have nothing better to counter it with and will think.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 06:23:24 AM »
holy fuck, closing explorer.exe will force you to reboot your computer cause you dont have any choice... worst trolling attempt ever ..

Try to mess around with the RAM. Plug it out, wait 1 minute, then plug it in again.. not sure if working (inb4 youre retarted..)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 06:44:38 AM »
closing explorer doesnt make you restart, and its not technically a dumb idea if you NEED the memory, but it probably wont do anything great because it's automatically low resource

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 07:16:04 AM »
what I meant was, when you close explorer, the only thing you can see is your background screen, nothing else...

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 08:21:08 AM »
New task -> explorer.exe

Why are everyone so dumb..
You can only close it with task manager so you make a new task from it you derp.

(inb4 you can use VBS+BAT+CMDLINE in general + a fuckton of shit. The only logical way to do it is task manager)
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 08:30:02 AM »
New task -> explorer.exe

Why are everyone so dumb..
You can only close it with task manager so you make a new task from it you derp.

(inb4 you can use VBS+BAT+CMDLINE in general + a fuckton of shit. The only logical way to do it is task manager)

cute

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 09:53:06 AM »
holy fuck, closing explorer.exe will force you to reboot your computer cause you dont have any choice... worst trolling attempt ever ..

Try to mess around with the RAM. Plug it out, wait 1 minute, then plug it in again.. not sure if working (inb4 youre retarted..)

Trolling..? Dude, my old laptop was so bad, I needed to close everything including explorer, just to run tf2 at 20 FPS. Plus, you can still get around your computer using the New Task button. Try shit before you accuse other people of trolling, jerk...
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 10:09:22 AM »
Ok, lets cut that off there shall we? I don't want to see any aruging or flaming in here. Anyone doing so will receive a forum ban since this post is your first warning.

Back on topic. I've looked at a few sites and people are saying Windows Vista looks for a new network to connect to every 60 seconds and that generates a lot of lag.

I tried follwing the instructions that a user called "JangoReborn" made at this Link.

This is his post:
Hello, as a random act of kindness of whom ever googles vista wireless lag spike I will tell you how to fix it here as it took me awhile to find out.
Thanks to the genius of Microsoft, Windows Vista has a feature built into it that looks for another network to connect to that is more preferred than the one you are currently on. This feature runs every 60 seconds causing massive lag spikes as your computer runs a scan for other networks. Thankfully this is only a feature in vista and not XP or Windows 7. Currently the only work around I found in order to get this scan to stop was by going to: Start(windows button) > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Wireless networks (on the left side) > then right click on your Networks Name (SSID) and go to properties. Once in properties you would then turn off "Connect to a more preferred network if available". Then you would open up the command prompt and type in "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wireless Network Connection 1" to turn off the scan and : C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes interface="Wireless Network Connection 1" to turn on the scan. I would like to note here that where I have "Wireless Network Connection 1" this would be the name of your OWN wireless connection. Turning it off allows you to go lag spike free for gaming or pinging or whatever else you need your connection to do.

Now when i put that command into CMD, it comes up with this:
There is no such wireless interface on the system.

I've made sure to replace the 1 with my network name but it still won't do it.
Maybe I should just go back to using my Ethernet cable to stop the wireless looking for new networks?
Made by HilariousPlayer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal