Author Topic: First Road Traffic Incident  (Read 11273 times)

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
First Road Traffic Incident
« on: April 16, 2012, 10:01:10 PM »
Yesterday at around 17:30 I was involved in a traffic collision on my scooter. A woman didn't look before pulling out and I impacted with the side of her car, went over her bonnet and hit the road head first.
Luckily I was wearing a helmet so that took 90% of the impact. I can tell you this was one of the most terrifying events to happen to me to date.

I was laid in the middle of the road for a good ten seconds until a nice man came up and helped me up and asked if I needed an ambulance and graciously helped me pick my scooter up out of the middle of the road. I found it strange how I was so concerned with the driver that made the mistake. I wasn't really bothered about myself but I felt an enormous need to comfort her and make her know I didn't blame her even though she was the one at fault. I even gave her a hug to reassure her and let her know I held no bad feelings towards her.

The thing that pissed me off the most was not the fact that I was in pain, my scooter and helmet were damaged and I was in shock or even that the woman was shaken, but the fact that some fucking CUNTS were beeping their horns at the man that helped me up because he had obviously jumped out of his car and left it the middle of the road when he helped me.
They had just seen me smash into the side of a car and land in the middle of the road, but all they gave a shit about was the mans car. It makes you wonder about human beings today. ONE man out of the many people that saw it happen helped me and they beeped their horns at him.

A friend of my fathers gave me some gloves a few weeks back and said: "This is for when you do come off, and you WILL come off". Just after the crash those words rang through my head and I was very grateful to him.

After thinking over the situation MANY times in my head, thinking if I could have done anything more to prevent it and what could have easily been the end of my life, I am still drawn more to the heartless bastards that couldn't give a shit about me or the woman.

I have some advice for any riders out there: Wear high-visibility clothing and ride as defensively as you possibly can.
And some advice to drivers: LOOK FOR FUCKING RIDERS! YOU DO NOT OWN THE ROAD!

On a lighter note, I am okay haha xP
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Re: First Road Traffic Incident
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 12:09:07 AM »
What the other drivers where doing is called bystanders syndrome(Its where you think that there's better people to help/they don't know how to react) there was one person in new york that got shot stumbled in to the middle of the road and every one past him like it was nothing.

Glad to hear you're Okay thought crashed one time on one of our friends three wheeler(it did a barrel roll with me on it) scary as hell but the only thing I thought about was my mom who was driving it(I was six or seven at the time) and comforted her while the damn three wheeler was on top of the two of us.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline [EC] Logo

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 02:35:36 AM »
Reminds me off my old freind, he sadly wasnt as fortunate as you to survive. He got dragged under a polish lorry because the stupid guy was reading using his phone. Causing my freind to be killed even before the paramedics could get to him. So i also fully support wearing helmets hivis jackets having being seen as much as possible ESPICALLY if you are on a small vehical like a bike. But glad to hear you are okay jigger it would be a sad day to of seen you go to something like that. Love you always my sexy jigger <333 :P

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 11:09:18 AM »
What the other drivers where doing is called bystanders syndrome(Its where you think that there's better people to help/they don't know how to react) there was one person in new york that got shot stumbled in to the middle of the road and every one past him like it was nothing.
I'll have to look that up, but did they have to beep their horns at him? Lmao xD
Reminds me off my old freind, he sadly wasnt as fortunate as you to survive. He got dragged under a polish lorry because the stupid guy was reading using his phone. Causing my freind to be killed even before the paramedics could get to him. So i also fully support wearing helmets hivis jackets having being seen as much as possible ESPICALLY if you are on a small vehical like a bike. But glad to hear you are okay jigger it would be a sad day to of seen you go to something like that. Love you always my sexy jigger <333 :P
Sorry to hear about your friend :(  Truck drivers are sometimes the worst drivers.
Ily too, Logopogo :)
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »
Some people shouldn't be on the road due to being distracted, unattentave, impatient, or have no clue what they're doing. Example, I was driving to pick up my friend from work to go check out an airsoft field yesterday. I was going down a half mile stretch two lane road. Some kid in a white truck was texting and drifted into my lane (entire truck in my lane) and did't notice. I had to slam on the brakes, swerve onto the gravel shoulder, and lean on the horn. It took almost en entire second for him to look up and swerve back into his lane. Really close call.

Offline Fudsine

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »
Yesterday at around 17:30 I was involved in a traffic collision on my scooter. A woman didn't look before pulling out and I impacted with the side of her car, went over her bonnet and hit the road head first.
Luckily I was wearing a helmet so that took 90% of the impact. I can tell you this was one of the most terrifying events to happen to me to date.

I was laid in the middle of the road for a good ten seconds until a nice man came up and helped me up and asked if I needed an ambulance and graciously helped me pick my scooter up out of the middle of the road. I found it strange how I was so concerned with the driver that made the mistake. I wasn't really bothered about myself but I felt an enormous need to comfort her and make her know I didn't blame her even though she was the one at fault. I even gave her a hug to reassure her and let her know I held no bad feelings towards her.

The thing that pissed me off the most was not the fact that I was in pain, my scooter and helmet were damaged and I was in shock or even that the woman was shaken, but the fact that some fucking CUNTS were beeping their horns at the man that helped me up because he had obviously jumped out of his car and left it the middle of the road when he helped me.
They had just seen me smash into the side of a car and land in the middle of the road, but all they gave a shit about was the mans car. It makes you wonder about human beings today. ONE man out of the many people that saw it happen helped me and they beeped their horns at him.

A friend of my fathers gave me some gloves a few weeks back and said: "This is for when you do come off, and you WILL come off". Just after the crash those words rang through my head and I was very grateful to him.

After thinking over the situation MANY times in my head, thinking if I could have done anything more to prevent it and what could have easily been the end of my life, I am still drawn more to the heartless bastards that couldn't give a shit about me or the woman.

I have some advice for any riders out there: Wear high-visibility clothing and ride as defensively as you possibly can.

I've been in a car accident myself, get up, shake it off. Your alive that's the important thing as long as your insured its not too much of a problem. Accidents happen you just got to be more cautious as a scooter driver as its harder for other drivers to see scooters coming especially if they are closer to the pavement.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 12:24:37 PM »
Some people shouldn't be on the road due to being distracted, unattentave, impatient, or have no clue what they're doing. Example, I was driving to pick up my friend from work to go check out an airsoft field yesterday. I was going down a half mile stretch two lane road. Some kid in a white truck was texting and drifted into my lane (entire truck in my lane) and did't notice. I had to slam on the brakes, swerve onto the gravel shoulder, and lean on the horn. It took almost en entire second for him to look up and swerve back into his lane. Really close call.
It makes you wonder how some people get their licences.

I've been in a car accident myself, get up, shake it off. Your alive that's the important thing as long as your insured its not too much of a problem. Accidents happen you just got to be more cautious as a scooter driver as its harder for other drivers to see scooters coming especially if they are closer to the pavement.
We're both insured, but we're not taking this to the insurers. The damage wasn't severe to me, the scooter or my helmet so we're not involving the insurance since it will just drive her premiums up. I do have every right to claim insurance but these things happen. She's naturally paying for the damage and a new helmet though.
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 02:40:54 PM »
Jigger, I am glad you are okay and able to post here today.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »
Jigger, I am glad you are okay and able to post here today.
Thanks, Purple. Now if only I could get my girlfriend to shut up about it! xD
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 04:40:42 PM »
It's good that you survived otherwise I would have no friends left. :'(

But I do really think some people should be a lot more cautious about what they are doing and what results it might lead to, these people should seriously get their license revoked.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 04:45:56 PM »
As I was driving home from school today, I again had to slam the brakes and lean on the horn. No shoulder this time or I would have run over a pedestrian on the sidewalk. Some old man was waiting at a stopsign at my road (where I had right of way) and another car was driving from the opposite direction. Once that car was clear of the intersection (I was still driving up to it) the man pulled out nice and slow thinking it was clear (didnt even look at me yet), however he was too slow and too late, causing me to slam brakes. Funny part was he slammed the gas and almost hit the curb on the other side thanks to spinning his tires, and he must have been like 70.

My conclusion? The world is full of idiot drivers.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »
As I was driving home from school today, I again had to slam the brakes and lean on the horn. No shoulder this time or I would have run over a pedestrian on the sidewalk. Some old man was waiting at a stopsign at my road (where I had right of way) and another car was driving from the opposite direction. Once that car was clear of the intersection (I was still driving up to it) the man pulled out nice and slow thinking it was clear (didnt even look at me yet), however he was too slow and too late, causing me to slam brakes. Funny part was he slammed the gas and almost hit the curb on the other side thanks to spinning his tires, and he must have been like 70.

My conclusion? The world is full of idiot drivers.
Jesus fucking Christ! I know it's easy to lose concentration and make mistakes, but some people the the fucking piss.
This really makes me wonder how many more times I'm going to be hit because some fucking prick isn't paying attention. Also, how long have you need driving, Sta Chew Ah?
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 07:18:46 PM »
I've never had a traffic incident.  Perhaps it's because I don't have a car.... or any other vehicle, or maybe cause I don't currently have a driving license.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 07:25:53 PM »
I've never had a traffic incident.  Perhaps it's because I don't have a car.... or any other vehicle, or maybe cause I don't currently have a driving license.
When or if you do drive, at some point you'll probably crash. Hopefully it'll be minor lol.
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 09:23:27 PM »
When or if you do drive, at some point you'll probably crash. Hopefully it'll be minor lol.

Yea......

I was in a close traffic incident however.  My mother and I were driving home from walmart, we were behind 2 trucks and then all of a sudden a truck going in probably around 80mph sped past all 3 of us and there was a car in the other lane and right before they hit each other the car in the other lane swerved off the road to avoid the truck, he managed to get back on the road and wasn't harmed.  Then later down the road we saw a state cop pull in from another road, one of the trucks in front of us actually honks at the cop and pulls the cop over.  Then he gave him information about the driver such as the license plate and such.  One of the funny thing is, the other truck in front of us was yelling at the guy that was talking to the cop and the guy talking to the cop gave him a thumbs up.  The truck that pulled the cop over was slightly down the road from us so that's why the cop and him were already out of the road talking.  It was a close call.  If that speeding truck at that car did hit each other, I may have been injured that day along with others.  It didn't though.  So yeah, that's a plus.  Closest thing I've been to in a traffic incident.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal