Author Topic: [ACCEPTED] Sebastian Clarke's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Nomad

• View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED] Sebastian Clarke's Civil Authority Application
« on: August 31, 2012, 05:23:01 PM »
Sebastian Clarke's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Nomad

IC Character Name: Sebastian Clarke

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
From what Sebastian has seen, the Union has been trying to assist the people in whatever way they can. Those who say that the Union is an evil and a blight on humanity are ignorant and foolish in Sebastian's point of view. Over a while, Sebastian developed a personal despise for anti-citizens and since then at the hint of suspicion or any type of mischief, he reported it with the slightest hesistation. He knew it was the right thing to do, rarely being to P3, he chose to educate himself on various things, including: Contraband and anything that is against the Union's mindset.

Above everything else, he wants to be part of something, something real that he can believe in. He has a natural sense of duty, and this sense of duty lays with the Universal Union. He seeks a group and a purpose, a gap in his life that the only the Civil Authority can fill. He doesn't want his life to end like the countless citizens that were seen as meaningless in their eyes. He wants a better life for himself and even better, the danger that may occur whilst serving the CCA. He sees this as an opportunity to bring delight to his already tedious life.

Sebastian looks up to the Union, and after reporting countless things, he didn't receive the satisfaction he was looking for. Although it helped by reporting wrongdoers but he felt that he actually needed to be part of the Civil Authority. He wanted be the one that brings the baton down, deliver the punishment, deliver the blow. Once he came across an armband, he knew that joining was the right thing to do.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Determined, Persuasive, Decisive, Reliable, Trustworthy and Obedient.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I look forward to joining because it offers a different type of role play, and allows me to be in power, above others but not to an utmost degree. I would also like to join because the CCA seems very strict and disciplined and it would be enjoyable to role play once more as a unit. Not only that, but I've had plenty of amazing experiences as a unit myself and I'd like to try it again.

For my character, I think that it would be tough at first to get used to, but he would get used to it. He would probably become comfortable being around other units in time since they're the ones who keep him safe and sound. He would most likely have to change how he talks to others, he would be more formal and disciplined when he speaks to others and for him, it would require a lot of patience and determination.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Sebastian was been born at the brink of dawn in a hospital in Kansas.  Sebastian was an average, boy growing up in a small neighborhood in Kansas. He didn't have much friends during his early years which led him to a lonely life. He spent most of his time collecting rocks as a hobby, going by the beach at dawn, usually going there because he thought of it as his own retreat. Here, he could get away from his troubles. Among all this, he had a tough family life. He had an older brother, who despised him, his father, who was an alcoholic, yet he still loved Sebastian. His mother, who died in an accident a week after Sebastian's birth, sadly never giving her a chance to know her own son. As he became older, he grew out of his problems. His brother eventually moved away and his father soon stopped drinking, making the time he spent with him more, enjoyable. He had good grades in his school, hoping he could get into a university, or a good college one day. Once he was old enough, he decided it was time to travel away from the neighborhood he spent so much time in and find an apartment.

Several years later, he was living in a small apartment but it suited his needs. On one particular day, the day of his birthday, he noticed that there were these peculiar storms, certainly not storms that were followed by thunder or rain, but over time people started calling them portal storms. They were huge, and what from what he had seen and heard, they were dangerous as well. Sebastian avoided them along with other people, as many people had grown accustomed to them. But then the war happened.

It was an average morning, when the portal storms began to pick up. Tons of people got worried, Sebastian decided to get ready for a storm. A very big storm. But he soon realized. It wasn't just one, it was too many to count. He piled up food in cardboard boxes, boarded up his windows, sat in the corner, waiting for it to end.

He counted every minute, and roughly after 7 hours, the war was over. He soon found out that those storms had released a huge army, not seen ever before, they were aliens, not from Earth. He saw soldiers, marching down the street, preparing for these huge contraptions, they were enormous, some were flying and some were on the ground. He then realized, he didn't know what to do, Sebastian just sat near the window, and watched the fate of the world unfold. Suddenly, he heard an explosion, a strange tapping sound, and everything went blank. Sebastian woke in an odd, clean apartment. He peered outside the window, and saw strange men, in white gas masks and uniforms. He got used to it after talking to others about it. Before heading out his apartment, he noticed what he was wearing, he was in a blue jumpsuit, with a tag on the jumpsuit. He saw others, wearing identical clothing. They looked miserable, and strangely enough, very... lightweight. Once he got used to his surroundings, he noticed others, wearing bands on their arms. He thought of getting one, after finding out about them. And then he woke, again. In the same apartment, he was most likely reminiscing in his sleep. He looked to his arm, noticing an armband, before fiddling with it and sighing with relief.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Roughly 4 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
4 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
A month.

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT -5:00

5. In what country do you live?
Canada

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I'm not sure what server, but I was playing a HL2RP server with a couple of friends and a bunch of us just piled into an apartment, passive role playing and going together, developing our stories over the time, this continued for a couple of days and I still remember it as my best experience.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Sebastian Clarke
CID: 57335
Height: 5'8
Hair Colour Brown.
Eye Colour: Hazel.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 162 LBs.
Mental Distinctions: Intelligent.
Mental Defects: N/A
Mental Advantages: Photographic Memory.
Notable Qualities: Loyal, Agile.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I haven't.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I would like to join the Civil Authority so I get a chance to serve the Union and keep the city stable and in order. I would like to be loyal to them and bring purpose to my life and I feel that it is my duty to try and protect the people who reside in the City. I will stay dedicated to the Union's ideals and be part of the Civil Authority, those that I look up to.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Sebastian Clarke hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Edited to fix some mistakes.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:12:37 PM by Khubajsn »
dimidium facti qui coepit habet

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sebastian Clarke\'s Civil Authority Application\'s Verdict
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 01:14:48 AM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Sebastian Clarke
Citizen Identification Number: 57335

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.6.

Post Auto-Merged: September 01, 2012, 02:12:23 PM
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Sebastian Clarke
Citizen Identification Number: 57335

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| Recruit 808 ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.6.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:12:23 PM by Khubajsn »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal