Author Topic: [ACCEPTED] Jake Phillips's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1199 times)

Offline FallingSpikes31

• View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED] Jake Phillips's Civil Authority Application
« on: August 24, 2012, 09:15:15 PM »
Jake Phillips's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Noman

IC Character Name: Jake Phillips

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
My character, Jake Phillips… would like to join the Combine Civil Authority, because, ever since the start, he was very heavily pro-union, and with the encouragement of two Administrators, no one can deny or challenge that. He never gained points to achieve anything, or to get rations, he did it because he believed, and still does believe, that he is helping the Union. He later found out that it is possible to sign up for the CWU. He thought about it but he remembered how everyone wanted for him to join the CCA, including Administrators. So he figured out a different way to serve the Universal Union…

Since he was learning to be a detective through college before the seven hour war, it was natural for him to be attracted to the more… intimidating division of the CCA. He tested himself on people and how they’re face and body expressions correspond with how they are feeling. When he learned of APEX, the medical division of the Combine Civil Authority, he immediately grinned to himself, knowing which division he would sign up for. Jake had all this in mind, way before he decided to sign up.

After doing some more research, he was positive that he would join the CCA, keeping the city safe from anti-citizens, whom he always hated. He was assaulted several times by them and even shot. Time passed and the attackers were never reported or caught again. They disappeared deep into the city… Jake’s friend even sacrificed himself to save Jake. On the day it happened, Jake has never been more vengeful. Over the course of his time in the city, he kept placing the CCA on a higher and higher pedestal, prepared to join it's ranks. He signed up and created his application, eager to join.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Loyal
Eager
Attentive
Clever
Active
Responsible
Harsh
Cautious
Cooperative

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
(IC) I expect strict training and co-operation in order for the Combine Civil Authority to be organized. Also, I expect that whatever task you are given you will have to complete it with no trouble.
If a higher command asks or orders you to do something... You do it. I also expect great responsibility for my actions. There will be punishments at one point if anything goes wrong but... I am prepared for it.
(OOC) I think it will enhance my role-playing experience on Catalyst Gaming. I expect that it will make a better surrounding for my character as he is struggling on the streets. Furthermore, There will be discipline and rules that my character will need to follow in order to obtain the status. I will get known to the community more as I meet more people in the Combine Civil Authority. I will also enjoy role-playing with my fellow units because I know they can role-play with great quality.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Jake Phillips was born in Toronto, Canada to a family of Third Generation Australian Immigrants. Before his birth his mother and father were able to achieve a stable living by doing various odd jobs until his father finished Law School, eventually becoming an affluent lawyer and projecting the family into wealth. As a child and teenager, Jake was spoiled, his father gave him anything and everything he could ever want. Jake was well educated, instead of being sent to a public school like his peers he was private schooled and his relationship with his family was average, fighting with them here and there but keeping the home civil and unbroken.

Throughout school, Jake built his life around order. He lived under his schedule and shut out anything that wasn't part of his reclusive lifestyle. He finished his schooling and eventually began a clerk at a local Post Office. His life was peaceful and organized; even though Jake didn't have many friends he was happy doing his job for the "greater good". This would all change when the sudden appearance of the portal storms.

Once the portal storms hit, Jake's lifestyle changed dramatically, he began wandering from place to place inside of the now walled off population center of Toronto. He socialized with others, searching for his place in life and praying for the order that was nowhere to be found in this nearly-apocalyptic society. Then... along came an answer to his prayers, The Universal Union came down upon Earth, unleashing their power and crushing our entire military within a time-span of Seven Hours, which soon became known as the "Seven-Hour War".

After this cataclysmic event, cities began popping up and citizens began getting transferred to different cities with numbers instead of names, (45, 22, 16 and 1). Jake ended up in City 45 and it was almost as if his prayers were answered, Cities now had what he most longed for: Order, Peace and Civility. Civilization was practically the same as it was before the war aside from a few key differences: Elderly and Children were killed off, leaving only those that could work, A suppression field was put up, preventing pregnancy in women, rations lines became one of the few ways to obtain meals and Civil Protection was instated.

At first to Jake, Civil Protection looked like pitting humans against humans in a hole and seeing which one would last longer but after a while he began seeing it as a society erected by the Union to keep order in the cities. They were given better meals, better clothing and better housing. They had power, comfort and they controlled the "Machine" that society was currently described as. Every single one of these factors appealed to Jake, he wanted to be a symbol of Order, a human being working for the greater good of the Universal Union and by joining the Combine Civil Authority he could do just that. After achieving Loyalist status and getting recommended by two Administrators he made his choice and wrote up his application, sending it in shortly after, now he waits for the response, waiting on the edge of his seat in anticipation, waiting for his story to continue.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No, I have not had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
4 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
4 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
2 weeks

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT - 5

5. In what country do you live?
Canada

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable RP experience was when I role-played with one of the administrators. We had a deep and dramatic conversation regarding my past and recent events. The role-play moment lasted a for a long time and i had fun while it lasted.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I am a good listener in role-play and in real life.

IC Section

Full Name: Jake Phillips
CID: 46928
Height: 6'1
Hair Colour Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 170 LBS.
Mental Distinctions: None.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: I am wise and patient.
Notable Qualities: I have fast reactions to my surroundings and whatever my task or objective is... It is my first priority.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Yes, I have been interrogated and questioned about certain knowledge regarding a conspiracy. I told all the information I had to help the CCA and I got let go moments after.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Of course. Whatever the CCA offers for me, I take it, including rations.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I almost gave my life before and I WILL do it again whatever the cost is.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I accept all actions preformed by me and those under my command as my OWN responsibility.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I will remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as I live and until I die.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I would like to join the Combine Civil Authority because I think I would be right for the job. I have been reccomended by a lot of people including... Very important people. I have done many resourceful things for the CCA. I have helped in investigations and finding out information. Also, I have had great and helpful ideas for the City and the people in it.
Furthermore, I would just like to support the CCA and complete any objective or task that is given to me.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Jake Phillips hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:03:33 PM by Khubajsn »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jake Phillips's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 11:08:15 AM »
UNIT: 479
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: DvL
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Jake Phillips
Citizen Identification Number: 46928

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

// Note: Couple of grammar errors here and there, but overall a good application.

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-DvL.479
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.6.

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jake Phillips's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 04:03:23 PM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Jake Phillips
Citizen Identification Number: 46928

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| Recruit 187 ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.6.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal