Author Topic: [DENIED] Jamie Ryder's Civil Authority Application  (Read 950 times)

Offline AcelinH98

• View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED] Jamie Ryder's Civil Authority Application
« on: August 18, 2012, 12:09:35 PM »
Jamie Ryder's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: AcelinH

IC Character Name: Jamie Ryder

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
He wishes to join because when he turnt 19 his father was killed by rebels, he wanted revenge but he had no way of getting hold of weapons or any gear to accomplish his task at hand. The only way he could see of getting his revenge and getting rid of all Rebel threat.

His friend, George, joined the CCA and Jamie loved the way it is organized and how it is ordered, he wanted to be part of it. He hopes to climb the ranks and be known in the CCA for his leadership, but above all, his way of getting things right.

He knows his mother won't be happy about this, she doesn't like the CCA due to their ferosity. Jamie's mum and dad split up when he was 5, she didn't like him because he beat her. Jamie's dad left her with all the money, and Jamie. Jamie's mum opened a butchers, before it was shutdown in the 7 hour war.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Clever, trustworthy, good listener.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
It will be like a whole new life, he for once in his life has power and not just being pushed around. He will also be able to take down the rebels, for what they did to his father, even though he didn't really respect his dad, but he still loved him.

It would also be challenging, trying to climb the ranks, and becoming a somebody. Even though he doesn't know what it is like in the CCA, he would like to know and be able to remember the experience, and live a life that he would like to die with.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
When Jamie was 5, his father left Jamie’s mother take all the money and Jamie. He wasn't happy with his father because he beat Jamie regularly, Jamie had no respect for his father, but he still loved him because he was his father. He moved back with his mother. His mother opened a butcher’s when he was 9, the business was in a small town, it was the only butchers so it made very good business. They were happy, they made a lot of money from it. When Jamie turned 19, his father was murdered by Rebels, his mother stayed at the little town while Jamie went to his father’s house and set-up a funeral for him. Jamie sold the house, and then moved back with his mother, giving her half of the money. Him and his mother’s day mainly involved around playing chest or just watching the news or anything that was on, they were happy together, even though they hardly went outside.

Jamie and his mother moved to London, England was poor at the time, there was no money going around, so they both rented a flat. Jamie moved out with only around £800, he moved to Liverpool where he started up an IT business, he became successful, he sent money to his mother every 3 weeks, along with a letter, he would always get one back. But one day he didn't, he wondered why then he heard noises outside, there was loads of men in Kevlar vests, with SYNTH written on them, they were destroying the army, Police, everything, nothing was left. He sat at home, looking out the window, looking at the place he use to call home. People were being pulled out of their homes and being taken some place secret. Then the door on his apartment was kicked down, they put him on the floor, then tied him. They put Jamie in a giant line; there must have been 200,000 people in the line, maybe even more.

After the seven hour war, he was moved to City45, he wanted to start a new life, but this was not in his reach. He was living in the apartments next to the Nexus, living on Combine issued rations and Breen water, if he was lucky he would get Special Breen’s water. He wasn't able to make any friends; people would just treat him like dirt because he was new. When the announcement for rations came on, he would walk, but then run when no CCA was on, he was so hungry. When he arrived at the Ration distribution terminal, he would wait, it was like waiting for your favourite football team scoring a goal, when the CCA unit would say "Apply." he would quickly say his name and CID. When he pressed the button on the Ration machine, he would have to wait even longer, while the light would flash. When he collected the ration packet he would go home and eat what it contains. Every now and then when the plaza was empty he would go outside, shop at the CWU, they didn't sell much, but they were kind people, they were helpful, and explained what everything did. He purchased a Request device, now he was able to help the Combine whenever he found a rebel threat, or contraband. He was never thanked though. Every night he would sit in his apartment, looking out of the broken, stained window, watching the Combine and how they involved day to day life, he wished he could be part of it.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
7 years in total.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
6 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
6 months

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT +1 (London)

5. In what country do you live?
England

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I was a GRID-03 on a HL2RP server, then a unit was killed, so we went out to investigate.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Jamie Ryder
CID: 72612
Height: 6'2
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 196
Mental Distinctions: Fast at reacting
Mental Defects: Hates hights
Mental Advantages: Listens to surroundings
Notable Qualities: Strong, able to take down any Anti-citizen

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No I haven't.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes I do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes I am.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I hope to achieve my goal to bring down the rebel threat and climb the ranks, and earn respect from lower ranked units. I hate anti-citizens, I never got envolved with them, I hope I am given the chance of helping the CCA and bringing them down, and along with that achieving civil harmony.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Jamie Ryder hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:58:28 AM by RTLK ?NewJob2k12? »
Turtle since I started gaming - 2001

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jamie Ryder's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 10:58:25 AM »
UNIT: 479
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: DvL
Enter Password: ************
ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Jamie Ryder
Citizen Identification Number: 72612

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| OOC Question 1) does not meet minimum requirements (missing 4 sentences). OOC Question 3) does not meet minimum requirements (missing 4 sentences). ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-DvL.479
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.6.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal