Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] Rage Within Us All  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[SUGGESTION] Rage Within Us All
« on: June 26, 2012, 08:37:37 PM »

My idea for an event is sort of like a Zombie event, but more custom. I'm not sure if this would go against the canon, so I'm posting it anyway just to see your critique and interest in it.

This event is centered around a Rage virus that is released, probably purposely, by the Combine in order to either wipe out a useless city or gauge how resilient they are. Either that or it's a means to whip out rebels in D6, but accidentally spreads.

Rage virus

Nail growth and teeth growth (canine)
Hardened skin
Salivate more often
Eyes sensitivity (see better in dark)

Spread by bodily fluids: saliva, blood, urine

First 24 hours is hard to notice

The 5 stages of the first 24 hours:
1.Disinterest in things
2. Sentisitve, easy to offend
3.aggressive towards enemies
4.aggressive to everyone 
(note, they will not be aggressive to those infected)
5: Eyes and mouth bleed as they change

After 24 hours become extremely aggressive to those not infected and hold the mentality to infect more.
Work in packs
Often sharpen or lick their nails (sharpen for an easier way to subdue and infected target and licking fingers so they can infect on contact.)
Twitchy
Unpredictable

Virus lasts only three days, including the first phase.
After that, they will return to normal, their skin softens and their nail and teeth rate slow back to normal
Those whose infection are about to wear off will be acted aggressive towards by the other and will often be held back or forced to pair with another infected
You can be infected more than once

All infected can distinguish between infected and non infected
Infected never aim to kill, only infect

Containment is key
You can't gather all the known infected one area or they will start re-infecting each other
Forces CP to be careful with shooting, because anyone could be infected
Forces everyone to distinguish friend or foe. No one can be trusted because they could be lying if they are infected.
Those who are normally aggressive to others are harder to spot signs

Spotters: 
People who are normally very docile and nice volunteer to be infected so that they can help spot infected from non infected.
This works well for the first 24 hours of infection because they are easy to contain and don't focus on infecting others

Cure?
Since the virus dies off after three days, there is no need for a cure, but can still be made
Cure could cure those in the 24 hour range or after the 48 hour range because the infection starts to die down 

Containment ideas:
Herd everyone who isn't full blown infected (they are easy to spot, anyway) into one area
In order to get in the clear and into a safer and more container area, they must walk past a spotter
Those deemed non infected go to the next area
Those deemed infected are isolated (if the cure exists by that point, they only need to be injected) and studied 

Dealing with 48-72 hour mark:
Find a way to herd the infected into one area and split them into smaller group
Watch for those whom the group is watching closely or acting aggressive towards
Attempt to extract those who seem to be past the 48 hour mark before they get reinfected
Keep doing this until none remain

Very few to no deaths
Those that have been through infection can be physically changed back to normal (filing down Canine's and clipping nails. Skin returns to normal after awhile) 

Please post comments and suggestions (such as ways I could make this better and so forth)!

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Mr. Pettit

Re: [SUGGESTION] Rage Within Us All
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 01:57:40 PM »
I like it, I mean I've seen so many virus events on the City that are slapped together and have no story other than some symptoms and a name. Then NOVA goes into super scientist mode and incubates the virus and it ends in 10 minutes. On the other hand though, you get a feeling of chaos in for all of the players and the CCA has to obviously contain and fix it. Last time it happened, we moved all the non-infected Citizens to the UCH and locked them in and basically killed any of those who were infected off, etc. The only problem I see with this is when the fail RPers (and this does happen most of the time) begin doing insanely annoying things like puking on everything in sight. If that's observed by admins and can be stopped, I would like to see this happen.    + Support

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 04:10:33 PM »
I'd love to see this, it's obviously been well planned out and it may be done a bit but this time it's got a twist to it.

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 04:40:46 PM »
//I really enjoy this idea, but I suggest it waits until NOVA is a little bit bigger. We have a unit shortage at the moment in NOVA, especially with our DvL not being able to play for like, the next month because of his internet.  However, this is definitely a good idea with potential once NOVA is up and going again, which shouldn't be too long.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline LT Cmdr Snakeslaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 01:35:47 PM »
I like this idea. Hope to see it actually done in future. Love my zombie events.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 07:44:33 PM »
+Support, I think you've really thought this through and it may well work. I look forward to NOVA attempting to solve the problem, un-aware of the virus life-span.

//I really enjoy this idea, but I suggest it waits until NOVA is a little bit bigger. We have a unit shortage at the moment in NOVA, especially with our DvL not being able to play for like, the next month because of his internet.  However, this is definitely a good idea with potential once NOVA is up and going again, which shouldn't be too long.

Defiantly going to enlist in NOVA if my future app went well. <3 Medical RP!

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 03:19:26 PM »
Thanks for all your support, guys.
If you have any suggestions how in I can make this better, go ahead and post them.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 04:11:35 AM »
28 days later

The only downside I can see is that the city map is sort of small. A virus like this would probably spread really bloody quick through the entire city and just not the one sector.

Offline BeastOTE

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 02:11:42 PM »
I agree with raged. The map is too small, and if everyone gets infected in 5 hours (which they will because infected players know all the hiding spots) it will ruin passive roleplay for the next 3 days. Maybe if it was a part of the Half Life story I would be more in support, but right now it sounds like a cheap "knockoff zombie DLC" for a 1 player console game (cough Red Dead Redemption cough). I don't mean to be a jerk or offend, I just think it defeats the purpose of a Serious RP server.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal