Author Topic: Guns, and how to use them! (S2M, S2K)  (Read 5738 times)

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Guns, and how to use them! (S2M, S2K)
« on: January 04, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »
Hello, I am The Joke!

These days I can see that on Out lands (mostly), lots of people are starting to get guns, which is good, if you know how to use them.

First of all I want to start off with S2K, S2K stands for "Shoot to kill" really this is something that should be decided between the two parties that are fighting (PM each other if you want to S2K or not) Because sometimes people do not say anything and just kill for the fun of it, you should not make that mistake. I think its a old outdated rule, I am not sure (personally I do not use it and think its a stupid rule). But apparently, if you are at incredibly close range and RP killing someone, then that's allowed? I would not recommend doing this though as if it has not been agreed a lot of people will get angry and you will be blamed :3

S2M! My favourite thing to do. Right, S2M stands for "Shoot to miss" its pretty obvious, but I will say anyway. Basically, if you want just a fun little fire fight (with a reason to do so IC of course), then you RP shooting, and fire your guns in game. For example!

Person one gets up from behind his cover and tries to hit his target
*What you would do here is fire at a wall near your target (not too near, you might actually hit them) and they might either, RP that you hit them, or say that they did not get hit and fire back safely, lets do a example of being hit*

Person 2 gets hit, clutching his arm and screaming out, he tries to make a dash for the door as he cries out in pain
*Now, if you also agreed not to kill ICly then person one might do something like this*

Person one carries on firing trying to hit his target, he hits the wall behind him as he runs out
*Person one could have done lots of options here, he could of said he was reloading and could not fire at his target, anything you can imagine! just make sure that the other player is comfortable with the action you do, and if he says he/she is not, then just go from where you were told not to do that action and do it again correctly!*

I hope this has helped, if you have any questions regarding this post, then just PM me, or find me in game!

Thanks for reading

The Joke

C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline SinfullSkill

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Guns, and how to use them! (S2M, S2K)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
Nothing as exiting as this ever happens lol. its usualy the CP just kill the civvie.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:09:49 PM »
This is more for the Outlands server, due to the fact that on city having guns can be a major problem. Some minges get their hands on them
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 11:45:55 PM »
You don't have to ask someone if they get hit, it's called PTL (Play to lose). This can be done with S2M too.

*Player 1 is hit in arm, losing control and spraying bullets at the door at the cover, unloading a full magazine.

*Player 2 attempts runs away as he is still being fired at.

*Player 1 still holds his arm groaning in pain as he doesn't notice Player 2 run away.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
Very helpful for RP!  :D love these guides

Offline |T??G| Saimon-avatar

• OMG! Where have my 250 credits gone!?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 12:29:56 PM »
It's a good guide for begginers.
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

Offline {-=ECRP-CO=-}Pvt.Benjamen

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 06:03:39 AM »
Thanks  ;D, It's proably more likely to happen on outlands than in the city. but yeah!
C45.RCT.S1.865: Status: Fine] Recently shot in the foot by 21100 Whilst training in the Killhouse, Was treated by an S4 Unit, Is patrolling the Plaza and just recently clamped P3 With an 05.

Offline tdabamf1

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 01:29:59 AM »
I have to agree, I don't really like s2k, I like to roleplay it. :P

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 02:31:31 AM »
Wish there was a way to get /me's across from farther distances other wise in larger (Distance wise) battles occur people don't play S2M because of the /me, annoying in that respect. Though others do just like the killing part in which they shouldnt have guns lol.

Offline Ossus

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 03:18:27 AM »
Shoot To kill seems only fun if your mind has melted and you need a break, but otherwise RP is way better and provides a much better foundation for Events. Just my opinion though.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 05:11:33 PM »
Ill s2k someone if i give them three good chances to escape. Especially if I'm on my sniper perch and have them in my scope and already took 3 s2m shots to simulate long range accuracy modifiers.

TL;DR, if i give you the chance to escape with my sniper, take it.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 05:58:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure the rule for S2K means that if you are literally holding someone at gunpoint you can type /me pulls the trigger, at which point you should wait for them to respond. (It is impossible to dodge a bullet at gunpoint, so they will likely type "/me dies" in some way or form, but it is still polite to allow the player to do so.) At this point you would then actually fire the gun at them, and it would be either NLR or a PK.
game over

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 06:29:20 AM »
As I said, you should only ever kill someone if its agreed between the both of you, or otherwise people get rage and stuff and the RP gets terrible because everyone just focuses on trying to survive, which leads to OP and powergame.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755

Zak Grant

Mike Harolds

Zak Renolds

Offline LukeKaminski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 09:28:58 PM »
Yeah, this is kinda difficult I guess, Just use some common sense, and always make the rp last as long as possible, not just a bullet to the head, and then what? Its over than...

YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT, BIATCH!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal