Author Topic: FearRP and PainRP!  (Read 21238 times)

The Mysterious Stranger

FearRP and PainRP!
« on: December 29, 2011, 11:18:36 PM »
There are many ways to roleplay in the Half-Life 2 universe. Both passive and action. These two (FearRP and PainRP) consist of passive and action, which are rarely encountered by your character in-game. Let's get down to business.

What is FearRP?

FearRP is when your character is feared by something unusual or suprising. In the Half-Life 2 world, citizens are often scared of the Universal Union and what awaits them such as being beatened up by stunsticks, open fired by various weapons or even the fear of Detainment or Amputation. Mostly, FearRP is when your character encounters a high-ranked unit (OfC, DvL, CmD, SeC.) or the OTA (Overwatch Trans-human Arm)... or just a gun to the forehead.

How do I do FearRP?

FearRP is simple but rough at times and is alittle bit time-consuming. Here is a scenario of a citizen and a SeC.

SeC says "Citizen."
 SeC says "Apply."
 Citizen looks down at his boots as he is somewhat feared by looking at his faceplate, he then shakes alittle.
 SeC says "I said apply!"
 Citizen shouts, "My na-name is uhhhhh... Citizen, C-C-CID Number is uhhhhh..."
 Citizen says "00000"
 SeC starts to type the information in, tapping his fingers on the screen.
 Citizen starts to wait patiently, feeling his heart pounding.
 SeC says "Alright, you can go."
 Citizen takes a deep breathe, feeling relieved as he walks away from the unit.

As you can see, the Citizen is feared by the high-ranked unit. The unit himself is a augmentative unit which consists of a large weapon, probably the design of his uniform and many other possibilities of scariness. It acts like a Halloween costume or a horror movie. Use stutters and /me's in this one.

What is PainRP?

PainRP is when you character is barely or critically hurt by a action of another individual. This is caused by many possibilties. Examples includes weapons such as AR2s, MP7s, 9mm handguns. Melee examples such as spiked-baseball bats, unarmed combat, sharp-edged knives.

There is also injuries and wounds in this piece of roleplay. Some of your limbs might be rendered useless if it is damaged upon a specific weapon. There will be bruises, bullet holes or even cracked bones. This will have to be updated on your Character Physical Description if you are still alive from the suffocation.

How do I do PainRP?

PainRP is time-consuming, patient is key to add a emotional piece of roleplay into this one. Here is a scenario of two citizens.

Citizen 1 throws a right hook to the mans cheek, attempting to cause a enforceful blow to the jaw.
 Citizen 2 is hit across the jaw as he stumbles back, laying his hand over his jaw.
 Citizen 2 says "Throw another one at me! C'mon!"
 Citizen 1 approaches Citizen 2 at a catious state. He attempts to kick him in the belly.
 Citizen 2 grabs ahold of his foot, then twisting it to the side as he attempts to almost sprain his ankle.
 Citizen 1 has no reactions to this one as he groans in pain, then letting out a hurtful battlecry, "Agh, shit!"
 Citizen 2 attempts to sprain his ankle as he slowly yanks it to the side alittle more.
 Citizen 1 throws himself to the ground, attempting to bring down Citizen 2 also.
 Citizen 2 is thrown down, hitting his butt on the ground as he is stunned, "Shit!"
 Citizen 1 scrambles to his feet, then attempting to throw a boot to his nose.
 Citizen 2 is hit across the nose, being flipped to his side as blood leaks from his nose.
 Citizen 2 raises himsef to his feet using his hands as support.
 Citizen 2 takes out a hand-made knife, he then slashes it to his belly, attempting to jab it right in the intestines.
 Citizen 1 is stabbed as he holds his wound in pain, screaming...
 Citizen 1 yells "Shiiiiiit! Agh, it fuckin' hurts!"
 Citizen 1 falls to the ground as he holds his wound, noticing how the crimson blood leaks bweteen his fingers.
 Citizen 2 grabs ahold of Citizen 1, attempting to raise him to his feet.
 Citizen 1 is raised, rendering his strength useless to react. He gives Citizen 2 free time to cause a last fighting move.
 Citizen 2 throws a right punch to his face, then a knee to his nose.
 Citizen 1 falls to the ground as he tries to help himself up.
 Citizen 2 backs off, then running at him as he throws a soccer-like kick to his nose, probably cracking his nose and KO'ing him.
 Citizen 1 is almost thrown off his feet, then a loud crack is heard as his nose is broken in two. He lays on the ground unconsious.
 Citizen 2 feels a bruise grow on his cheek. He walks away as his feet clamp against the pavement.

Notice how Citizen 1 is stabbed. In real-life, if you get stabbed in the belly, you would probably scream and try sterilize the wound. Citizen 2 adds more pain to Citizen 1 as he finally beats him down to a unconsious state.
Citizen 1 also has a broken nose, which will probably add FearRP and PainRP when he turns into a consious state.

Physical Description:

If you have been encountered by a certain person and has been attacked by a certain and specific weapon such as blunt close combat weapons or firearms, be sure to update your Physical Description. Add sentences such as stunstick marks, bullet holes, bruises, band-aids, bandages and so on. Adding these will often be noticed by other local players and will often be used within Passive situations respectively.

Do it correctly!:

You should always avoid the term Powergame and remember to give the other player reaction time. Use /me respectively!

Citizen 1 throws a fist to Citizen 2's face, bringing him down to the ground.

Attack:
 Citizen 1 throws a fist at Citizen 2 in a attempt to connect to his cheekbone.
 Citizen 2 is hit across the face by the blow, stumbling back with the shake of his head.
 Flee:
 Citizen 1 attempts to flee from the opponent, trying to avoid him at all costs.
 Civil Protection unit 1 grabs out his firearm and opens fire, trying to injure him in the waist down.

Lastly:

These two types of roleplay adds more of a fun experience to the other user and adds more of a immerse feeling to your in-game experience. If players keep doing these actions within a scenario, most players will appreciate these actions.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:27:57 PM by The Mysterious Stranger »

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: FearRP and PainRP!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 11:55:13 PM »
Thank you so much!! This should help people RP better who do not know the statutes of Fear and Pain RP! This should be stickified.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 11:59:43 PM »
Now if we can just get players at OCRP to understand this, then everything would be fine.  Great guide but I don't think a citizen would ever meet the SeC, unless they changed something about the SeC not being allowed to leave the nexus(What I've been told, but what do I know, I don't play HL2RP)

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 10:14:40 AM »
 I will keep this thread updated from now on. Probably a day or two until I finish the final version. Thanks Johanon about that, updated!

Offline .:KFrohman:.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
FearRP is when your character is feared by something unusual or suprising. In the Half-Life 2 world, citizens are often feared by the Universal Union and what awaits them such as being beatened up by stunsticks, open fired by various weapons or even the fear of Detainment or Amputation. Mostly, FearRP is when your character encounters a high-ranked unit (DvL, OfC, SeC.) or the OTA (Overwatch Trans-human Arm)... or just a gun to the forehead.

Should be "scared of", if I'm not mistaken. You make it sound like the UU is fearful of citizens themselves.

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 02:34:27 PM »
Not sure how far ahead we are in canon after the 7 hour war, but understand that indeed after awhile, beatings, shit like that would dull FearRP, instead, people would simply shut down mentally, go into themselves, much like the slaves did before the civil war when they were being beaten or abused.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 08:27:28 PM »
 Alright, updated! Thanks in appreciation!

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 09:08:31 PM »
I myself think that citizens can't determine the ranks of the units a=unless they learn it IC'ly, and when is the SeC out stopping people asking the to apply lol? Other than that this is a great tutorial.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »
 He is probably letting citizens apply when a inspection is on. :D

Offline Chris Tyler

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 06:04:12 PM »
Aside from a few errors here and there, as far as grammar is concerned, this is a really good guide!

And I agree with Purple, this should be stickied 
Taylor McMahan | 27 Years | Citizen | ALIVE
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=9793.0

973 | 32 Years | Civil Protection 05 | ALIVE

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 11:03:20 PM »
So for Fear RP it doesn't just come into situations where there is social disorder, say a combine raid on an apartment complex or shootout but rather more integrated into day to day life for minor things?

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 11:04:37 AM »
 Yeah, probably something like that. I will include some of your suggestions in the updates if it fits or not.

Offline SinfullSkill

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »
nice guide :D

Offline CrazedKiller

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 02:54:35 AM »
These are some very good exsamples of fearRP and painRP.  :D

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 09:08:47 PM »
 I thought about this guide earlier and knew I should've put more detail into it. This week around, I am going to update it sooner. Be on the lookout.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal