Author Topic: The ultimate Half-Life citizen Survivalist guide  (Read 2286 times)

Offline |T??G| Saimon-avatar

• OMG! Where have my 250 credits gone!?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The ultimate Half-Life citizen Survivalist guide
« on: February 07, 2012, 08:16:04 PM »
Hello, and welcome to my post.
In my year and a half experience of playing on different Half-Life servers, I have learned that citizens do not like what the CCA (obviously) give as food, the same whit the water and many other things.
In this topic I will be covering a guide to urban survival (many things can be used on the outlands server).
This topic will contain the following:

Getting food
Medicinal Plants
Basic first-aid courses for your citizen
Avoiding the CCA
Can you trust in everyone?

Getting Food
Im sure everyone likes free stuff, the CCA give you the food for free in exchange that you will obey them and help them get what they want... Although the food they give you will not contain any nutrients nor any vitamins you body needs, you will be always weak if you eat them.
To stay healthy a Human must eat proteins along whit many other things.

A good way on getting this nutrients that your body needs would be by hunting, although everyone knows hunting is not an easy task, hunting requires patiense and experience. You may start looking for rats down on the sewers, look for their hidding spots, (mostly in places that are dark) studie their movements, try and learn any kind of traps.

You cant go down to the sewers whit out any source of light, thats why you will need a flashlight, thay are pretty easy to get, just ask people.
Once your down on the sewers, youll have to spend some time down there Rp'ing getting information, such as when do they come out  of their hidding spotts, maybe what noises scares them.

After you get to know more about your little rodents friends you may start thinking of a plan you can use to get them.
You may use any combine food, that will attract the rat's attention. BAMMM! You just captured one rat whit your little trap that you made, you may make does traps whit some rope and any bucket or box you may find laying on the streets.

After getting your rat, make sure you kill it, rats may have any strange disease. After they are dead you must remove the skin whit any sharp object you may have, after doing that you WILL have to cook it if you do not want to get horrible sick.

EXAMPLE:
**Oscar Duerre stands on the dark corner waiting for a prey
**Some rodent noises can be heard some meters away from oscar
**Oscar Duerre Slowly turns his head to where the sounds come, he notices a little shape walking into his bait
**Oscar Duerre gets ready to pull the string of his deadly rat trap.
**The little rodent notices the bait, quickly runs over it and takes it. The rodent starts eating the little combine food he just find
**Oscar Duerre Pulls the string making a bucket fall down trapting the rodent
** The rodent starts making noises "IIIII- IIIIII-IIIIII"       (LOLOLOL)
**Oscar Duerre heavily shakes the bucket untill he stops hearing the rat yell

And then you would have to go and remov the skin, then cook it and so on.

Medicinal Plants
(This part is mainly for the outlands)
There are many plants that may help a lot your character, plants that may cure your flu or they could also save your life from an infection.

Im going to explain five different plants that you may find them really easy out there on the forest (some of them may be found in the city)

Turmeric Root: This root can be found near lakes, you can grind it down into dust and use it as a antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns, or as an antiiflamatorie medicine

Skullcap Flower: This Purple flower may be found on the forest, you may combine it whit your food, this will give your food much more vitamins. (It us used as a food supplement)

Mullein leaves: This leaves may be used to fight your flu, just put them in some hot water and make some tea. (If your character drinks more than 3 cups of this tea per day, he may die)

White Flowers: You may find this on the forest and in the cities, this flowers can be used for aching bones

Pycnoporus fungus: You may find this mainly on fallen trees or laying down there on the grass, this funguses have a red-orage color, they could be used to fight the skin or wounds infections.

Basic first-aid courses for your citizen
What would you do if one of your friends falls down from a ladder, hell even from any roof (he would probably die, but anyways). Always carry whit you a pair of bandages and some water.

If your friend, or you get any bone break try not moving, get some hard sticks and put them on each side of the broken bone, then tie them whit your bandages.

What to do in case a deadly spider bites you? I dont know... guess your fucked...

Damn, my friend just cutted his arm@leg! Dont worry, you can always use a bandage to stop the blood from running down trough some veins, you can even stop an hemorrhage.

What if my friend gets shoot? Try to get some reall help, if theres no help arround try to stop the hemorrhage, then carefully try to get the bullet out whit out making a bigger damage. I highly recomend some bio-gel (the little medkits combine have), you may apply it to the wound, it will help the victim by getting that wound clean and it could also be used as a sedative.

Several bruising all over your body? Do not touch them, they may get infected, put some ice in them, if you do not have ice some water.
Always remeber your Turmeric root that can be used as a antiiflamatorie medicine.

Avoiding the CCA
Really simple, do not get into trouble, or stay away from them.

Can you trust in everyone?
Never ever trust in anyone, the only person you can count on is you. If someone ever tells you to go into the slums whit you, say NO, or FUCK OFF.
78% of the time someone tells you to go into the slums whit him/her is just to assault you, they can even kill you.
The rest (22%) of the time its just a new player wanting you to go whit him into the slums or to talk about the combine, like "Hey, I really hate them ,we should get weapons and kill them all".
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

Offline Chirps Pieman

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The ultimate Half-Life citizen Survivalist guide
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 07:44:10 AM »
One problem on the bandages - On CG, it's illegal to carry bandages around as a citizen. Med workers are fine. But for Cit's it's Level 2 contraband.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal