Author Topic: GRID Scanner Guide (Request)  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Storm

• Bluff
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
GRID Scanner Guide (Request)
« on: January 23, 2012, 04:41:10 PM »
So I recently got my scanner, but I'm like clueless on how to speak and such as one. Please make a guide for it, this would help me and other players who don't know how.

NRK

Re: GRID Scanner Guide (Request)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:02:44 PM »
My RP guide to Scanner from what I have seen:

1. Float around plaza aimlessly until you find somebody.
2. Spam your bind of: make a weird noise and flash them.
3. ???
4. Profit

But seriously, this is all I see them do. If you follow that basic guide you'll be the average scanner. I don't have one so maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: Just to clarify, this isn't an insult to scanners or people who play them.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 06:09:28 PM by |NRK| »

Offline Cowgirl*^_^*

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »
Fly into D6 looking for rebels?

Fucka you haters XD

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 06:05:37 PM »
Scanner require activation from a HC member and orders, they can't just float around aimlessly. Scanners ime are only brought out when we are in a code red or have a serious BOL or a 505.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Storm

• Bluff
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 12:13:11 AM »
Scanner require activation from a HC member and orders, they can't just float around aimlessly. Scanners ime are only brought out when we are in a code red or have a serious BOL or a 505.

Really? I was never told that :P

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 09:18:58 AM »
Yeah, you can be blackmarked for breaking out your scanner for no reason.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline UnKuT

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 01:51:14 AM »
If you're saying that's what the Half-Life 2 Canon transmits, let me respectfully disagree, as according to it, Scanners are/were regularly patroling the cities and taking various photos of all the Citizens, even when there was no alarm and the city was under complete control. They also patroled around restricted blocks or other "hiding places" such as the Sewers as to make sure no Refugees are there, though this last one can be quite unfair for players who usually RP in District 6, so I understand if this is not outright respected in the server. All of my statements can be confirmed by playing through the Half-Life 2's first chapter, by the way.

On topic, though, I've seen a few players RPing as Scanners on other communities, which I can surely state that they did good, and I guess what I can transmit through that, is, basically, just RP a lot as it. Patrol around the Plaza, make good and detailed RPs describing you floating around, taking photos of Citizens as you blind them temporarily, etc. This last example can also be a very powerful tool; imagine you catch a glimpse of an isolated player that is basically just roaming around, bored out of the server and about to leave. You see him, fly towards him, RP taking a few photos of him, and he might actually regain his interest in the server and RP back. If this was done a lot, Citizens would also start to see Scanners as a source of fun and would smile at the sight of one.
Subject: Dexter Sunderland, Male
Assignment: Maintain the personal safety of key Resistance members

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 09:13:27 PM »
Use /charfollow
Useful for when you want to stalk someone ;)
Don't know how to play HL2:RP?
Check out my guide, it may help you! :D
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5783.0

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal