Author Topic: Factions of Half-Life Two and You!  (Read 5679 times)

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
Factions of Half-Life Two and You!
« on: January 16, 2012, 10:23:11 AM »
Hello, I'm give you a quick overview what each faction does and what they are and do.  So, yeah, let's get this party on the road!

The Citizen.

The citizen is just like me and you real life really. He is survivor of the Seven Hour War which lasted,well, seven hours. He or she have been scared  for their life since the war, or just became little sucidal.  The Citizen is scared every second,every minute,and ever hour not knowing what's going to happen next. They wander if they are going to live or not to see another day or just to see their birthdays. They slowly become weak as that becomes a scare as well since they are not being feed properly and slowly starving.  This is called, malnourished. They are not strong as they were before the war. Think of them as the jews during the Holocaust them being killed,tortured,experimented on, and not being feed well. Theres also two sub-factions of the Citizen. The Anti-Citizen or commonly know in civil protection A.C. Then there's the more civil protection friendly, the loyalist. Both get their equal amount of trouble and benefits, but they do still fear and remember the days of the war when they lost everything.

Civi Protection or commonly known as the CCA

The most scary thing you'll most likely see in a  day and fear to get beaten by one. Civil Protection. These tough men and women are humans and were once citizens like you,  but they quickly joined the CCA or Civil Combine Authority for many reasons.Some joined for benefits, some joined for better rights, some feared persecution, but they all joined one thing: CCA. These people will slowly lose their emotions and slowly  become colder as they jump in their ranks. Now, the CCA are also the police. They try to hold sociability down so the citizens try not to riot. They  also go to crime scenes and beat anyone who breaks the Union's law. These one humans need to be respected or expect to get thrown in and get killed or worse. You think you aren't scared of them? You'll be when you meet one.

Overwatch Transhuman Arm Or OTA!

The most feared things in the universe. The Overwatch Trashuman Arm. These guys were once like you, but during the Seven Hour war the UU or the Universal Union captured men and women around the world who were in the country's military. The UU begin to test on them and suddenly put them under risky and dangerous surgeries  enough to kill a person. They removed vital organs, replaced them with mechanical pieces and added strange things to their bodies. When the surgeries  were done the person wasn't like he was before. A cold,evil,person, or creature with no feelings or any insanity or sane. They have no memory  of the past. None. Now, to a citizen and civil protection this is the real deal. Low ranks in the CCA will begin to sweat,cry,cringe, or get uncomfortable in the presence of the OTA. But, in the high ranks they don't care at all, they think of them as any other unit but more trained. To any citizen OTA isn't a good sign. Every citizen will,cry,scream, and shit their pants very violently when they see one. OTA is equal  to S.W.A.T. teams.  They regularly patrol outside city limits.

City Administrator

Yes, I said it City Administrator these are the ones you make the propaganda to the citizens and have rather VERY Small control over the city. These guys are responsible to keep the city populace calm and try to broadcast propaganda speeches or Breencasts recorded in City-Seventeen by Dr.Breen. The Head of the CA. Think of a  CA as an ambassador. They communicate with someone, but yet have no power at all. City Administrators are the biggest loyalist you'll even see. To the average citizen, it would be a honor to meet one. To a A.C, it's a privilege just to see one and attack one, but that's rare. CA are regular guard when left the nexus by several OTA guards.

So, yeah, guys that was my guide. May do some updating. What did you think of my guide?
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Factions of Half-Life Two and You!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:49:11 PM »
Eh, I disagree with what you say in the citizen faction, there is a point in which a human will, instead of experiencing fear, will completly shut down to emotion, its a defencse mechanism in the brain, also when you say this:

The Citizen is scared every second,every minute,and ever hour

If this were true about every citizen or even a handful the stress created from such strong of an emotion being experienced 24/7 would likely drive somebody completely insane or cause serious health and mental problems, while its true a Citizen should FearRP properly, it shouldn't be roleplayed to the point where your scared about sitting down on a chair, which is what this seems to insinuate.

There are also quite a few other errors in the guide, several fallacy's such as the OTA's and CCA themselves, I'd suggest re-writting some portions of this guide to make it less dramatic and more realistic.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:51:15 PM by [IG] Shanaro »

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 01:04:48 PM »
What happened to the Civil Workers Union?

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 05:26:49 PM »
Eh, I disagree with what you say in the citizen faction, there is a point in which a human will, instead of experiencing fear, will completly shut down to emotion, its a defencse mechanism in the brain, also when you say this:

The Citizen is scared every second,every minute,and ever hour

If this were true about every citizen or even a handful the stress created from such strong of an emotion being experienced 24/7 would likely drive somebody completely insane or cause serious health and mental problems, while its true a Citizen should FearRP properly, it shouldn't be roleplayed to the point where your scared about sitting down on a chair, which is what this seems to insinuate.

There are also quite a few other errors in the guide, several fallacy's such as the OTA's and CCA themselves, I'd suggest re-writting some portions of this guide to make it less dramatic and more realistic.

While you may be true, but this is how I based my RP expirence on this. In Half-Life two the game itself, the citizens are shaken and scared.

Like I said, I base my RP expirence on what my characters expirenced.
What happened to the Civil Workers Union?
And, gonna work on that tommorow.
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.

Alive Characters

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 01:06:22 AM »
There is a point in HL2 where someone says they dream about cheese, I don't see how thats shaken or scared, but if your basing it off of how you roleplay, then please put that in the guide

Offline CrazedKiller

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 02:51:37 AM »
Its good but where are the vortagaunts? ???

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 04:55:54 PM »
Gonna continue on this and work on this tomorrow or on the weekend when I have the time.
Former Characters:

MIA Characters

Alive Characters

Offline |T??G| Saimon-avatar

• OMG! Where have my 250 credits gone!?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 05:14:56 PM »
Nice guide!
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

Offline UnKuT

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 12:39:49 PM »
The Citizen's personalities may vary slightly according to each individual person, but yeah, they are generally afraid of the Combine, and live under a constant depression and pressure of being harmed by the Civil Protection. Some may actually attempt to Rebel against them or commit various Anti-Citizen acts such as trying to smuggle in contraband to the other Citizens or spreading bad propaganda regarding the Combine. Then again, these also are generally afraid of them on an almost equal level, hence why their crimes are comitted more discreetely. Overall, the guide regarding the Citizens is reasonably well explained and done.

Regarding the OTA, you should probably mention that the Combine still keep turning regular humans into OTA on their labs nowadays. I know you didn't necessarily meant to deny this, of course. You should also mention that OTA aren't seen nearly as much as CP and it is actually rare for that to happen, hence why Citizens fear them even more when it actually happens. Since you described them as "S.W.A.T.", though, this is actually already mentioned if attention is given to the reading.

There are a lot of other fun, important factions missing to be described in this guide, but as you have already stated you are updating this, I assume this will be solved.

Aside from this, though, this is actually a very nice guide, the effort put into this is remarkable.
Subject: Dexter Sunderland, Male
Assignment: Maintain the personal safety of key Resistance members

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 06:15:15 PM »
I nearly forgot about this guide I'll need to work on it
Former Characters:

MIA Characters

Alive Characters

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 05:10:13 PM »
Quite a nice guide, just unfinished and some grammatical errors.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal