Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to alt tab garrysmod instantly in fullscreen  (Read 10865 times)

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[GUIDE] How to alt tab garrysmod instantly in fullscreen
« on: August 03, 2011, 11:59:58 AM »
Garrysmod -> Properties ->Set launch options->Put this without quotes, "-sw -noborder". A five second job to save you much time.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [GUIDE] How to alt tab garrysmod instantly in fullscreen
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 12:20:42 PM »
Does this also include going back into the game?
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 12:26:06 PM »
Does this also include going back into the game?
Please god let it be so!

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »
Yes, it does, RTLK does this, I asked him yesterday.... it's just like windowed mode.
My dropbox gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/30764657/1/Ponies?h=988a91
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you�re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 12:34:49 PM »
Yes, it does, RTLK does this, I asked him yesterday.... it's just like windowed mode.

Sweet man.

Going to use this from now on. Thanks a lot man. No waiting 2 minutes when developing/coding.

Thanks again!
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 01:24:24 PM »
Some of you are probably wondering about performance issues but here's the thing. It's in noborder mode which means you can't move it around and, of course, there aren't any borders or top bars.

The downsides:

-probably no more then a 2-3 fps loss
-you have to set the taskbar on your desktop to autohide
-sometimes it likes to be a dick and sets itself to "always on top" (inb4 sex joke)

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 01:33:34 PM »
Another good thing about mac, you can just swipe four fingers across the trackpad and switch between things.
"Groovy", "This, is my Boom stick".
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".
For funny billboards: http://majormike.us/?p=128

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 02:44:09 PM »
Uhm, or you minimize it.
Or you buy a new screen because the first two broke.

????
Profit.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 10:00:12 PM »
You can always alt-tab back into garrysmod and just hold Alt and keep pressing tab until you pick the correct window.

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 11:06:43 PM »
Problem is though is that you sometimes get a black screen (or that was just me on my old computer) when I tried to switch between games and things.
"Groovy", "This, is my Boom stick".
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".
For funny billboards: http://majormike.us/?p=128

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 01:45:27 AM »
Problem is though is that you sometimes get a black screen (or that was just me on my old computer) when I tried to switch between games and things.
Yeah that's you, I always tab out go on YouTube, forums hell even steam chat, and when I pop back in, there's no problem.
I haven't had a problem in a long while, try lowering the graphics.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 04:16:39 AM »
Lowering the graphics won't do anything. It's all in compatibility and timing. If you open something at the wrong time, a glitch could occur. This could be the time when several instances are doing something which causes the glitch. Compatibility would fall under what OS you have and what it's bitrate is. Also, if you have a third party window application such as window blinds, it could also cause issues.

Point aside, if shit hits the fan, restart or refresh.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal