Author Topic: The computer keeps turning on, then off, then on, then off, then on, ect....  (Read 6076 times)

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
So last night I attempted to move all my hardware and move it into a different case. When I finally finished I powered on my computer and after around 3-4 seconds it turned off and repeats this proccess. I'm very upset and going to murder someone and i'm an idiot for assuming things everything and everyone.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
So last night I attempted to move all my hardware and move it into a different case. When I finally finished I powered on my computer and after around 3-4 seconds it turned off and repeats this proccess. I'm very upset and going to murder someone and i'm an idiot for assuming things everything and everyone.
Did you plug in all the power cords from the power supply? Usually when it does this its because of your CPU power not being plugged in.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm just going to buy a new motherboard.

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
Threats will get you no where. Don't threaten to i'm an idiot for assuming things a server just cause your PC is broken, the server has nothing to do with your computer.

I. HATE. BRONIES. Bronie haters will rule the earth some day.

Offline Nuke

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards

This is a power supplies issue. I see this before on my work computer. Your going to have to replace it.

But before you do. Do these 2 steps

1. Move the computer to another outlet.
2. Check all the connection

If that does not work then its time for another power supplies.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Threats will get you no where. Don't threaten to i'm an idiot for assuming things a server just cause your PC is broken, the server has nothing to do with your computer.
He was joking.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
He was joking.
no im srs.

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
He was joking.
no im srs.
Y SO SRS?!

But srsly, if you do, you're banned from our server. For ever. And we will most likely hack you back.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
You seem a little extreme, and you dont seem like you know how to hack anything so lets quite with the threats.

Offline ghostface killah

• Anime King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
ITT: legit computer hacking xtreme

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
If he's asking people how to fix a minor problem, doubt he can i'm an idiot for assuming things. My dad is a FAMOUSE hacker sense he was 14 years old(He's 45 now) and he can't i'm an idiot for assuming things... I think. He knows what it means. I dunno, I'll ask him. His name is Friggenbozo as far as the internet knows. Don't even think i'm an idiot for assuming things existed back then. He mostly only hacked trolls on Outlook Express in his day.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
If he's asking people how to fix a minor problem, doubt he can i'm an idiot for assuming things. My dad is a FAMOUSE hacker sense he was 14 years old(He's 45 now) and he can't i'm an idiot for assuming things... I think. He knows what it means. I dunno, I'll ask him. His name is Friggenbozo as far as the internet knows. Don't even think i'm an idiot for assuming things existed back then. He mostly only hacked trolls on Outlook Express in his day.

One, this is not on topic.  Two, who cares.  Three, why the fuck do I doubt you so much?

On TOPIC.  Did the new motherboard help? And did you bother dusting the WHOLE rig?

Offline putin

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards

One, this is not on topic.  Two, who cares.  Three, why the fuck do I doubt you so much?

On TOPIC.  Did the new motherboard help? And did you bother dusting the WHOLE rig?
I accually used a vaccum to extract dust. I finally figured out it is my motherboard or CPU. I ordered both from Newegg so I will first replace my motherboard. If that ain't work then I will open my CPU box and use the CPU. If you don't open a shipped box you don't have to pay for return shipping and you get a full refund with no restocking fees.

Also, if this doesn't work i'm going to get my famous hacker daddy to i'm an idiot for assuming things everyone with Outlook Express.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:43:00 PM by Bobby »

Offline Meatwad

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Recently my PC has been doing this too, my screen will go into power saving mode even when my PC is still running and playing gmod.

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards

I accually used a vaccum to extract dust. I finally figured out it is my motherboard or CPU. I ordered both from Newegg so I will first replace my motherboard. If that ain't work then I will open my CPU box and use the CPU. If you don't open a shipped box you don't have to pay for return shipping and you get a full refund with no restocking fees.

Also, if this doesn't work i'm going to get my famous hacker daddy to i'm an idiot for assuming things everyone with Outlook Express.

Wow. You got that from me. I said that. My dad IS a famous hacker. But I never said he can i'm an idiot for assuming things. Stop mocking me like hes not.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal