Author Topic: [DENIED] Bill Linkro's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Streak

• View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED] Bill Linkro's Civil Authority Application
« on: June 23, 2012, 12:51:31 PM »
Bill Linkro's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: grahamc22

IC Character Name: Bill Linkro

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
My character wants to be in the Combine Civil Authority because, he always hated violence and people breaking the law's and he wished and wishes to put a stop to it.

While growing up, he had lived in a poor town that always had some sort of crime going on; robbery, murder and sometimes his family was held hostage for ransom.

When his family was held hostage, it really scared him and pissed him off at the same time, so he wanted to put a stop as much as he could to crime and become a cop when he grew up.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Loyal, responsible, respectful, honest, honorable, trustworthy and lawful.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
As a recruit, Bill's pretty much just a citizen in a suit. Weak, a bit scared, and overall not much different than a citizen, except for of course, the mask and armor. He's never hit someone on purpose, and if he encounters a citizen doing something wrong while he was on his own, he'd probably let the citizen off with a warning. He's not going to become super badass cold-blooded killer ninja spec ops nazi commando super-soldier from the moon.

But more so, since Bill is new, he would expect the higher ranking officers to bully him and get him used to what is coming and train him for the future.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Bill Linkro was born into a low class family in Sweden, in 1994. His father was an engineer, and Bill showed a lot of interest in it. He would watch his father work, and even help him with some of the more menial tasks. As he aged, he showed promise in becoming an engineer himself. He got top marks in almost all of his classes, and in his high school years, he even helped his father design things.

And then it happened. Rumors began to spread quickly of people being attacked in rural towns, and the rate of UFO sightings went up immensely. Soon enough, the media announced that they had made first contact with real aliens. And they were hostile. After a month of increasingly frequent attacks from these Xenian life forms, martial law was declared. All citizens were herded into the inner city, living in crowded apartments and protected by the National Guard. The military wouldn't tell the media anything, and soon, rumors of government cover-ups and Area 51 accidents spread like wildfire, and soon there were riots all over the city.

Just fuel for the fire, as giant portals ripped through the sky, sending shockwaves that toppled buildings and started raging fires. 40 foot tall, three-legged beasts with laser cannons, huge crabs firing explosives, and strange pulses of energy that made your head pound erupted from these portals. Eventually, the Earth was defeated. At New York City, in the United Nations headquarters, a man named Wallace Breen stepped up on behalf of mankind. He surrendered, and in doing so, gave the reins of the human race to the "Universal Union", as they called themselves.

Bill, only 17, was seperated from his parents and sent to an identification camp, where he stood in line, in a maze of chain link fences and guard towers. Looking through the fences, he saw to the front of the line, where a boy that looked about 16 or so stood. He told the NATO soldiers stationed there his name and age, and one of them grabbed him by the shoulder. They dragged him to another tent by the side, and a shrill scream pierced the quiet camp. The loud, but undecipherable sound of whispering could be heard, and soon, the message reached Bill... "They're killing the children." After what felt like hours, it was finally his turn. He stepped up to the soldiers, nervously looking around, and stated, "Bill Linkro, 18." The NATO soldier looked at him for a few seconds, and nodded. He pushed him through a tent to the train station. After looking around, he quickly boarded a train labeled "CITY 45" and departed off...

By this time, the CCA and OTA forces had been set up. Not having enough money to get into an apartment, he went into a factory once again and was assigned to a tiny, crowded apartment with 3 other citizens. Having a job that was miles below minimum wage, even with 12 hour shifts, it took him years of labor to finally get enough money to get an apartment of his own. He managed to get a better job in the factory, with slightly higher wages but more importantly, 8 hour shifts. Finally being able to get a decent night's sleep, he began to think about his future. After a week of thinking, he made up his mind. He would join the CCA. With a small glimmer of hope in his heart, he set off towards the Nexus

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About a year and a half.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Between 7 and 8 months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
About 2 months now (est)

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT +00

5. In what country do you live?
Ireland

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
In a =GIN= I would have fun acting as a cop and helping citizens and other people and fighting crime which was usually in the industry area, (this was on the rp_downtown_v4a map) there was always a gate and a kill zone there, the cops were usually trying to push to the gate and arrest the gangsters

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Bill Linkro
CID: 20625
Height: 5 feet, 7 inches
Hair Colour Ginger
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 150 Lbs
Mental Distinctions: Fast at learning
Mental Defects: Bad at math
Mental Advantages: Quick actor and responder
Notable Qualities: Good with a gun

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I have not been detained yet.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I am willing to give my life to the Universal Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I accept all actions performed by me and under my command.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I will remain loyal to the Universal Union as long as I live

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to end crime and help to end crime as much as possible as I grew up in an area where there was always crime and I want to stop it.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Bill Linkro hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:20:19 AM by Abbott »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bill Linkro's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 06:20:06 AM »
UNIT: 522
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Bill Linkro
Citizen Identification Number: 20625

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| OOC Question 1 & 3 do not meet standard requirements. Backstory does not follow canon, NATO forces were killed in the SHW, they wern't there after assisting the Combine on identifications.

You also applied before the 2 week waiting period, twice shall I say, since you tried applying 4 days ago.

You will wait 1 month to reapply.
||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting 522
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal