Author Topic: Half-Life 3 game ideas!  (Read 5860 times)

Offline Streak

• View Profile
    • Awards
Half-Life 3 game ideas!
« on: June 20, 2012, 09:11:34 AM »
Hey guys, I just want thoughts on Half-Life 3 and what you think, what should or will be in it and what will be new in the story line?

I feel that there will be a new type on combine and or rebel. Like the combine female assassin that there was much talk about in easter eggs or NPC's that had not made it into the game or a rebel in combine armor or something like that?

What do you think? ;D  8)

Offline Kite [Jawa]

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Half-Life 3 game ideas!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 02:23:08 PM »
My question is, if they have a new engine, how will that influence Gmod?
If HL3 comes out with new and improved graphics, will Garry reconstruct Gmod into a newer version or keep it as it is.

As for the actual HL3, it all depends on whatever will be in the Borealis. Dunno how they could work new combine NPCs into the canon but if they do it'd be more fun none the less.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 02:50:57 PM »
Garry won't update gmod untill it's had a decent run on Gmod 13 - that is if HL3 uses an updated engine at all

NRK

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 03:11:14 PM »
Garry won't update gmod untill it's had a decent run on Gmod 13 - that is if HL3 uses an updated engine at all

If it's HL3, it's automatically assumed it's a new or HIGHLY improved engine, if it's just a tad bump from the source engine it will be called Ep 3, because that's what the episodes are - improvements on the engine.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 03:16:10 PM »
theres no more episodes so

Offline xLazerz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 12:38:15 AM »
Maybe they will let you use the grav gun from the end of the Half life 2 game

Offline Streak

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 07:00:51 AM »
The grav gun is a gun in hl2 anyway so you will get it...,

I also hope there is a hunter or strider you can control inside a combine base :D

Offline xLazerz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 11:12:24 AM »
No the upgraded one that looks like the Physics gun

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 11:16:45 PM »
*Realistic weapons
    *like no SMG that shoots a grenade from god knows where
*Reloading variations
    *Like fumbling with a magazine, etc.
*More combine weapons
    *Augmented SPAS-12
    *Pulse pistol
    *Sniper rifle
*Remove/replace some weapons
    *USP Match with Glock 19
    *MP7 with MP5A3 WITHOUT Grenade launcher
*Other weapons
    *AK-47
    *Tripmine
    *M4A1M203
*Better wood breaking physics
*Better death animations, ragdolls, gibbing (gib system of l4d2 would be nice)
*press use button in order to consume up health, weapons, ammo, etc. a la l4d
*muzzle flash light
*Ringing in the ears when shooting in a vent
*climbing up ladder animation
*more HL1 aliens
*Gordon Freeman model
*Instead of a number of health, its body part based (if chest or head go to 0, its death. If arm or leg go to 0, gordon can't walk/use his arms)
What u guys think?
:D
For gaming videos, such as Minecraft, Half Life, Black Mesa, and Spore, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelDuh?feature=mhee

Offline tim

• SPACE JAM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 02:59:01 AM »
*Realistic weapons
    *like no SMG that shoots a grenade from god knows where
*More combine weapons
    *Augmented SPAS-12
    *Pulse pistol
    *Sniper rifle
*Remove/replace some weapons
    *USP Match with Glock 19
    *MP7 with MP5A3 WITHOUT Grenade launcher
*Other weapons
    *AK-47
    *Tripmine
    *M4A1M203
*more HL1 aliens
*Gordon Freeman model
*Instead of a number of health, its body part based (if chest or head go to 0, its death. If arm or leg go to 0, gordon can't walk/use his arms)
What u guys think?
:D

These I quoted are kinda bad in my opinion.

The grenades don't have to come from a realistic place, it's Combine technology.
HL1 aliens aren't really needed IMO, just seems like a waste of disk space. Maybe if they were turned into synths?

Most of your weapon suggestion/replacements/removals sound pretty bad, I think they're fine as of now. I'm not sure about this being canonically true, but I think the Combine destroyed most of the weapons. Even if that's not true, it seems very likely.
#

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 12:34:47 PM »
The grenades don't have to come from a realistic place, it's Combine technology.
So the MP7 is combine technology? I'm pretty sure Heckler and Koch aren't the Combine.
Other than that, all of the stuff you quoted is just IMO. I would love to see a CP turn a corner chasing after you only to be blown up by a trip mine. The MP5A3 is my favorite SMG, and I didn't mean to say Glock 19, i meant to say M1911A1 with an extended mag. That gun is pretty boss, being accurate and powerful (.45 rounds)
  The Augmented SPAS-12 was just an idea I had when I drew some random guns (I like drawing guns). I drew a SPAS-12 with a speed-loading Drum Magazine with fully automatic mode, A Stock (non-foldable), Etc., and it has the power to fire frag rounds, as long as you find some in the world (another one of my ideas.)
  The pulse pistol is just similar to a pulse rifle, except weaker, more accurate, semi-auto-only (if not manual) and is a pistol. I got the idea for this when I realized that the combine just stole a lot of human weapons, and it would be cool to have other Combine weapons other than the OSIPR.
  The sniper rifle is the weapon used by most of the combine snipers in HL2, so why can't Gordon be a sniper. I love games where you can snipe people, and the lack of a sniper RIFLE in the Half Life series really disappointed me.
And what's wrong with an actual Gordon Freeman Model?

Also here's some other Ideas I had:
*Remove the white blindness when being injured from Episode 2 (Fucking annoying as hell)
*There is no weapon viewmodel, only Gordon's 3rd person arm seen from a camera in his face. (So that when in multiplayer, you see what others ACTUALLY see in a different perspective or something.)
*Being able to meet the G-man's employers.
*Having the choice between going back in time and let the experiment that started it all become a success or let Earth try to rebuild itself where it stands.
*More zombie variants
   *'blue' citizen zombies
   *rebel zombies
   *refugee zombies
   *Non headcrab zombies?
       *like in L4D or something. Not necessarily in-game, but like the zombie survival feature in black ops or something.
*Replacing the zoom on 'Z' with LOOKING DOWN THE SIGHTS.
For gaming videos, such as Minecraft, Half Life, Black Mesa, and Spore, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelDuh?feature=mhee

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 01:10:39 PM »

*Being able to meet the G-man's employers.
*Having the choice between going back in time and let the experiment that started it all become a success or let Earth try to rebuild itself where it stands.
*More zombie variants
   *'blue' citizen zombies
   *rebel zombies
   *refugee zombies
   *Non headcrab zombies?
       *like in L4D or something. Not necessarily in-game, but like the zombie survival feature in black ops or something.
*Replacing the zoom on 'Z' with LOOKING DOWN THE SIGHTS.

Okay, but, Nonheadcrab zombies? Aiming down sights? Have you forgot what game this is?
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline xLazerz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 06:18:09 AM »
Well we will just have to wait and see

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 09:39:24 AM »
Is Half-life 3 even coming out?

Offline NykezTV

• HUGME
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 12:17:27 PM »
HL3 is the last one and asfar as we been told. It will have a new engine or "a previously used one" CS:GO ?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal