Author Topic: Catalyst Gaming Roleplay  (Read 24657 times)

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Catalyst Gaming Roleplay
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 02:49:05 PM »
Wait so what's wrong with just bringing back old OCRP?
  Bad code. Laggy. Broken. Restricted. What's right with it?
Can you please stop misleading people into believing that the portion of the code that is "broken" is completely irreparable? According to people who would know, the fix is simple and would not take long, but this is a good opportunity to start fresh away from the horrors of OCRP's code.

I don't disagree with what's being done, but let's be honest here.
Live free or die

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2014, 07:32:45 PM »
Yeah, the code isn't broken. I'll agree with the bad code, laggy, and restrictive parts (to a point) but it was nowhere near broken when I quit coding on it.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Catalyst Gaming Roleplay
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2014, 09:12:20 PM »
Yeah, the code isn't broken. I'll agree with the bad code, laggy, and restrictive parts (to a point) but it was nowhere near broken when I quit coding on it.
Sooo... Can we put it up while CGRP's in development, or...
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 12:46:16 PM »
The interface piece for the database is missing, I tried for several days to talk to people about finding it. didn't get much back then I got asked to move on to CGRP.

I won't be working on OCRP, instead I will be working fully on CGRP so if people want it back, speak to ROFL.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 01:35:44 PM »
The interface piece for the database is missing, I tried for several days to talk to people about finding it. didn't get much back then I got asked to move on to CGRP.

I won't be working on OCRP, instead I will be working fully on CGRP so if people want it back, speak to ROFL.

why wouldn't it just use mysqloo and normal lua, i wont believe for a second ocrp 2 was so advanced it needed something custom made

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 01:40:31 PM »

why wouldn't it just use mysqloo and normal lua, i wont believe for a second ocrp 2 was so advanced it needed something custom made

If crap head made it I wouldn't be surprised...

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2014, 10:41:15 PM »
If I look and find it in 15 seconds I'll shoot you stevo.

Found it in 30 seconds without exaggeration. -.-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 01:23:56 AM by Pvt. Grif »

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2014, 09:04:05 PM »
If I look and find it in 15 seconds I'll shoot you stevo.

Found it in 30 seconds without exaggeration. -.-
RIP stevo, he is now dead with many GSWs to his body

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2014, 08:53:06 AM »
I guess the majority of people (including crap-head) doesn't understand this simple fact;

I have very limited access to server files, no access to the old files on the other hard drive or anything. There is a few things on the test server which are still awaiting the custom tmysql interface piece, e.g. OCRP, Global chat and the store. I simply could not find it due to my lack of privledges. I have done nothing wrong here.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2014, 01:55:54 PM »
I guess the majority of people (including crap-head) doesn't understand this simple fact;

I have very limited access to server files, no access to the old files on the other hard drive or anything. There is a few things on the test server which are still awaiting the custom tmysql interface piece, e.g. OCRP, Global chat and the store. I simply could not find it due to my lack of privledges. I have done nothing wrong here.
Sounds like it's a simple misunderstanding rather than a lack of experience and know-how here. Stevo simply doesn't have enough power to repair OCRP.

RTLK, you're up.
READY AYE READY

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2014, 04:35:44 PM »
Well, guys, in the past we've given huge amount of access and privilege to our developers. Crap-Head and Tomasas had access to everything we have, this allowed them a lot of freedom and probably made their job a lot easier, but I think you can agree with me when I say that was a mistake.

We might not be the best at security, but we're learning. We've had our share of scares of data loss and leaks but we've patched the holes. Stevo has been somewhat of a guinea pig when it comes to limited access to development and new tools had to be developed for him to work, and he's been extremely patient with us. 

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2014, 03:32:26 PM »
I would just make major updates to the original OCRP every couple of months and then by the first couple of updates you won't remember what the original ocrp was.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2014, 03:38:14 PM »
I would just make major updates to the original OCRP every couple of months and then by the first couple of updates you won't remember what the original ocrp was.
Also a decent idea. Would save time and energy on a complete re-write too.
READY AYE READY

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »

id rather see a brand new gamemode that will work and not have another gamemode as its base

lol

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2014, 04:12:41 PM »

id rather see a brand new gamemode that will work and not have another gamemode as its base

lol
Hopefully this new gamemode will work the way OCRP2 was supposed to work.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal