Author Topic: Tekel'Pakem's Authorization Application  (Read 2315 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tekel'Pakem's Authorization Application
« on: August 01, 2012, 01:19:05 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Sexy Frog
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Three years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Two years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Uriah Vortigaunt skin (Lab coat vort)
http://images.wikia.com/half-life/en/images/b/bf/Uriah_model.jpg

Advanced mechanics and electrical wiring knowledge

Name: Tekel'Pakem
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
The light of the breaking dawn poked its head over the horizon as the squawks and chirps of the birds reverberated through the tree tops as the whole of Ineu began to stir slowly to life. The rustling in the darkness of the Inn basement grew louder and louder as the hunched figure shuffled over to the door placed in the corner of the room, her hooves clicking on the concrete of the floor as she lifted her arms, stiffening her spine as she stretched towards the ceiling. She reached for the door knobs, jiggling it before pulling it open as a warm wisp of morning air brushed past her ears as she squinted in the light as it shone on her mottled skin to warm her, the Vortigaunt’s pupils adjusting slowly before nodding and giving a toothy grin. She turned, leaving to door open to vent the accumulated heat of the basement.

The Vortigaunt lumbered over towards her work station, the parts and books she had kept there all neatly organized as she did each time she finished for the night ever since her days atop the Clinic roof. Even back then she had been a rather inquisitive Vortigaunt, fascinated by human technology. Though she did resent some of their advances such as weaponry, as it was the belief of her people that organisms need only their own natural strength to fend for themselves. Though never the less she found allies in many of the humans, some bearing gifts as tokens of their friendships as they all knew how much she had a deep interest in technology. Ranging from car parts to destroyed scanners, she accepted them all for the sake of her research and gradually, with the assistance of her salvaged books gained a knack for the things.

She spent the majority of her days taking apart radios and old engines, tinkering with them sometimes even kick starting them with her Vortessence to test what she had changed or added. She gripped her screw driver in hand, walking over to the old black and white television she had salvaged from the facility weeks prior to the event that lead up to its currently sorry state and unscrewed the frame and looking the circuitry over a bit before pressing her screw driver at certain parts, tightening and loosing as she saw fit before lifting a claw, closing her eyes for a moment as the world seemed to slow and her mind cleared for concentration before she opened the again, the tips of her index claw ablaze with the warm sizzling light of a light blue Vortessence flame.
While many Vortigaunts focused their Vortal talents on medical or attack, Vortigaunts of her place of origin, the San’Diri, specialized in the alternate uses of the Vortessence which took on a slightly different property than the traditional green Vortessence. She began to tap about the circuitry, periodically referring back to her paged guide for assurance as the darkness of the basement began to brighten from the rising light of the sun pouring through the door, the faint sounds of sizzling and small rising column of smoke emanating from TV.  She smiled after approximately an hour, retracting her claw and letting the energy flame snuff out when without warning the door at the top of the steps on the far right of the room flew open, sending a bang through the basement and a flurry of footsteps came barreling down.

She narrowed her eyes, hissing irritably before looking towards the intruder; a female.

“Tekel, you have to come quick!” she cried, her eyes puffy and her nose red as she had clearly been weeping.

Tekel’Pakem furrowed her brow as her irritated expression evaporated.

“We beseech thee, what ill has befallen the Rematon?” Tekel’Pakem inquired, her expression blank though assuming the worst.

“It’s Doctor Neil; he’s doing bad, real bad!” Skyler retorted hoarsely as she turned, trotting up the steps gesturing for the Vortigaunt to follow.

Tekel’Pakem narrowed her eyes once again before leaning forward, propelling herself after her. After much traveling, the sun having made its journey almost half way up the sky and the bird songs ceased, replaced by the eerie croaks of frogs and chirps of crickets they finally made it to the Castle. The forlorn yellow falls gave off and almost poetic beauty, complimented even further by the garden inside while the Vortigaunt admired as they trotted inside before ascending the steps and making their way into a room where the unnerving moans of a dying older gentleman could be heard faintly.

Skyler took the doctors hand, cupping it in her own and begging him to be still.

“Shhh, its okay I brought help, Doc.” She insisted, gripping his hand tightly as Tekel shuffled into the light of the room.

Tekel’Pakem blinked towards the doctor in greeting as his pale face turned to her, flashing a meek smile.

“W-we meet a-again, m-my friend…” he wheezed, barely able to keep his eyes open.

Tekel’s eyes glazed over in emotional anguish.

“We only yearn for it to have been under more suitable circumstances.” She cooed in her aged yet calm tone.

She lifted her hands, her eyes closing as she began to chant in her native tongue and her hands began to beam to life with the bright green glow of her standard Vortessence only to feel her hands pressed down lightly by a pair of hands. Teke’Pakem opened her eyes in confusion, looking the doctor over though his expression was stoic, his frame weak and visibly trembling. Skyler looked at him in near disbelief.

“Doc, what are you doing? She’s going to help you!” she exclaimed, gripping his hand tighter.

The doctor only shook his head slowly, his lips curling up in a faint grin.

“It’s w-well past my ti-time, dear. Let nature take its c-course…” he mumbled before looking the Vortigaunt in the eye, giving a small nod.

Tekel’Pakem’s sighed before turning to Skyler.

“The Neil has chosen his path; we of the San’Diri respect his decision as a noble one. The void shall claim him soon, though do not be fooled for he shall not perish. Born he will be into a new consciousness. So is the cycle of the Vortessence.” She rasped before turning around to walk out only to have her arm weakly gripped by the frail doctor.

“P-please, wait. I-I want you to have s-something…a…p-parting gift if you will.” He choked, before letting her go and shakily pointing to the dresser.

Tekel’Pakem’s face softened as she nodded, consenting to his dying whim and scuffling to the dresser, opening it as a single white coat hung on a hook. She extended her third arm, gripping it off the hook and looking back at him. He smiled warmly as he gestured for her to try it on. She looked it over yet again before lifting it by the neck and slipping her arms through the sleeves before looking down at herself and back to the doctor.
He blinked sleepily and muttered his words.

“You l-look magnific-” he stuttered before his words cut off and he slumped back in the bed in which he lay before his arm rolled off the side of the bed, hanging down to the floor limp.

Skyler let out a cry of despair, burying her face into the sheets still clutching his rapidly cooling hand. Tekel’Pakem only bowed her head, muttering a small prayer in Vortigese before silently shuffling out of the room as the far off crack of thunder echoed through Ineu and heavy rain befell the land.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
+ Cool new skin.

+ Ability to fix/create shabby machinery and electronics with the limited parts able to salvage.

+ Something to make my vortigaunt different.

+ Extra storage space in lab coat pockets

Defects
- Electronics/machinery would be of mediocre quality needing frequent maintenance and sometimes not work.

- Possibly more of a target for Overwatch?

- Coat can rip up and would require sewing.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to use these authorizations to accelerate the passive RP that I usually do on Tekel'Pakem when not being bothered with the usual Vortigaunt requests of healing and solving dumb problems. I also want to use these perks to differentiate myself between the common Vortigaunt and in a way be like an old Vort from outer canals who had the same skin; Hotar.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
N/A

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
I've been passive RPing tinkering with radio's and mechanic parts since back in outer canals on the Clinic roof, so there is a lot of IC build up.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tekel'Pakem's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 06:36:13 PM »
I've seen Sexy Frog rp, a lot.
He's really good, both on unit and on vortigaunt character.
I've seen him work, ofr hours in the Inn basement, on some sort of TV / radio?
I don't see any troubles, in giving the requested model.

+Support.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tekel'Pakem's Authorization Application
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 06:19:36 PM »
Sexy Frog can handle this, I'm certain.

Accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal